Thanks

Question ~Uses of Sketchbooks~

I've noticed alot of people posting stuff from their awesome sketchbooks and all, and just wanted to see how people use theirs.

I have two real sketchbooks. One is one of the large spiral books and the other is a smaller leather wrapped book. The spiral book I keep at home and I use for style studies and such. Pretty much I find different styles and rip their work and just cite who's stuff it is. Basically I just want to expand more and all. My other book is my personal sketchbook and it never leaves my side.

Another thing, since I'm currently in high school art classes I have access to cheap sketching paper, which I use alot more than actual sketchbooks. I had to empty my note book because it had no acadimic stuff, it was completly full of random sketches from the newsprint paper. That stuff is my favorite.

That's just me. I'd like to read about all of you.
    Last edited by HugeHarHar; February 7th, 2004 at 02:07 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey hugeharhar, i have a 8x11ish leather bound sketchbook. i use it to draw, do some studies and some write some of my thoughts. i also use regular looseleaf copy paper, nothing special.

Thanks
    I keep 1 sketchbook all the time. I don't bring my sketchbook to school anymore. The last time I did, one of my teachers took it from me and I couldn't have it back until the end of the year. (three 6 weeks! All because I was drawing when she was telling her lame stories about her husband. :mad: ) So, I try to conceil my drawings by putting xerox paper in my notebooks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I keep two or 3 going at a time. One for school for life drawings and such, one for doing my own thing where I can sketch and write ideas down while they're fresh in my head, and pad of ultra-white thick penny-bond paper for when I go all-out with markers, aqua monoliths etc.

Thanks
    I keep 1 sketchbook all the time. I don't bring my sketchbook to school anymore. The last time I did, one of my teachers took it from me and I couldn't have it back until the end of the year. (three 6 weeks! All because I was drawing when she was telling her lame stories about her husband. ) So, I try to conceil my drawings by putting xerox paper in my notebooks.
    that teacher needs to be smacked in the head.

Reminds me of a couple teachers who told me not to draw on *their* time... as it was I was doing character studies of people in the class while they were working/talking/interacting.

I could do the work at home when I was *alone* and had little reference to draw from.

I got yelled at a few times, but now that I'm at art school I'm extremely glad I did not give in...

I guess I was bad, but I made the right choice...