Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my art

Thanks

my art

Hi my name is Joe Herrera, I am a pursuing artist just want to see what you guys think of my art. Ive never been formally trained and am surrounded by tons of amazing artist on this site. I fully welcome any critique from everyone and/or likes or dislikes. I want to do this as my career and have been drawing my whole life, but at the moment im working a factory job that is supporting my family but they force me to work overtime up to 90 hours if they wanted me to. I really dont want that for the rest of my life and god gave me a talent and i really wish i could use it in a career. Its all i want. So i hope you enjoy my artwork and if there is anybody out there to give my art dreams a kick start in the right direction please give me some advice. It would literally mean the world to me. Thanks again for your time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Characters look a bit stiff, try to exaggerate it more.

Thanks
    a book that helped me out significantly and that i think would help you out as well is one titled "figure drawing without a model" by ron tiner. you can get it for $14 new on amazon.

Thanks
    thanks guys i really appreciate any help i can get. keep them coming!

Thanks
    Nice drawins, but I really dont see anything special. I need a bt more action for these guys, they look very static

Thanks
    thanks cakeman, just wondering though what you mean by static? Im willing to listen to any constructive criticism you have, any ideas on what i can do to make it better?

Thanks
    yea, i have to agree with the other members, your characters look too stiff, try adding more motion to your drawings, maybe more dynamic poses of a better sense of fluidity/motion. Look around for pictures of people running jumping etc. and try and mimic the anatomy shown there, might help

Thanks
    you just need to add more motion in joints and show the body moving more. your on the right track but nothing helps more than practice. whenever you get a chance draw random poses, gestures look at anatomy. keep it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,574 Posts
    Stop imitating comics and start looking at real people.

At fineart.sk you can get "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" by Andrew Loomis. It will provide you with more resources for drawing a convincing comic book hero than ten thousand Marvel comic books.

Someone has also suggested Tiner's "Figure Drawing Without a Model"; I agree, it's a good book, especially since Tiner works in comics. I could add Sheppard's "Drawing the Living Figure" - there are few better demonstrations of visual anatomy.

Thanks
    This might be more suited to the 'sketchbook' forum where people are trawling for work to critique.

Thanks
    I think you should have to create more realistic and motion in body to make it real life.Extensively illustrated using a wide range of styles and techniques.
    Beginning with informal sketchbook studies and a brief summary of anatomical structure before going on to explain figure movement and how the body shows its age and exudes character, it will encourage to all artist.
    r4 games

Thanks
    More life studies, less copy pasta from photos (yes, it makes your girl look flat).

The others need references - it's really obvious when you're just guessing.

Thanks
    MiniGoth i don't really understand what you are saying here. I don't want you to think i'm offended because i'm open to criticism to better myself. But they way i'm reading your reply sounds like you think i'm copying from photos. I assure you that all my work is original and i just pull it from my thoughts. I wont lie that i study many other artist to see their techniques Jim Lee, John Romita Jr., Steve Mcniven, David Finch, Adam Hughes, Frank Cho, the kuberts, Greg Land, Copiel and Marko Djurdjevic just to name some. But i promise that it isn't copied. And could you please explain yourself more in depth of what you mean by its really obvious when im just guessing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.