Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Figure drawing and other art school adventures

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Figure drawing and other art school adventures

Hello Everyone.

I am a fine art student in southern California. The majority of the work i will be posting will be from figure drawing workshops and in-class figure drawing assignments. I will also post the occasional oil painting.

Here I have drawings ranging from quick 3min gestures to full 1hr poses.
    I'm having trouble with my gestures; I tend to think around the figure with my tools rather than placing the correct mark the first time. The time limit seems to stress out my drawing as well. The more time I have the more I relax and I believe this shows in my drawings. I have found one of the hardest things of my education, and some may agree, is learning how to properly apply the marks of my tools in an efficient matter.

Below those drawings I have a few figure paintings from last semester's Figure Painting 1 class. The first two paintings are from in class and are very unfinished. The third painting was my final and i could potentially work on that a little bit more and enter it into the juried show at the end of this next semester. We'll see.

Finally, below those I have my portrait final from last semester as well. The assignment was a value study underpainting for a self-portrait.

Attached Images Attached Images                            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.