Art: Looking for an old inspiration
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Looking for an old inspiration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking for an old inspiration

Hello everyone. I sincerely hope someone can help me, since it doesn't seem an easy task.

Around 1996, when we were way younger, and I liked drawing but I hadn't yet told to myself "hey, I want to do this for a living", I found in some gaming magazine a PC game from Activision about Muppets Treasure Island. The game itself had little to no interest for me (neither now), but I got my mind blown by some awesome whacky, yet very detailed looking backgrounds from the screenshots, that kept me avidly drawing them for days, and unconsciously settled a considerable portion of my style.

So unconsciously that I hadn't even noticed that inspiration until quite recently, when I started some kind of a little regression to identify what kind of stuff has influenced me along the years. Then I remembered those amazing backgrounds.

So I've been looking for that guy's artwork for quite some time now with zero success. Nothing more than a few crappy, low-rez, JPG-noisy screenshots from Google which are not very helpful. I eventually got a ruined, old boxed version of the game which wouldn't work on my OS and had no manual. Crap.

So that's it. Can some charitable soul in this gloomy world shed some light over my ignorance? Could someone help me find this awesome background artist from Muppets Treasure Island PC? A name, a blog, a school where he teaches, a severed hand (might actually replace mine), a signed photo of his holidays in lake Tahoe?

Anything. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Abelo; January 29th, 2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typos/grammar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay! That must be the only Google tag I didn't write! Or I suck at researching (or probably both). I'm soooo eternally thankful, Surpher.

Too bad there aren't some nice hi-res screenies. Anyway, I'll try to put my hand on one of those. You're my hero, dude.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.