Sketchbook: Geta-Ve's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Geta-Ve's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Geta-Ve's Sketchbook

First post in the forum, and there is a fantastic chance I am doing this WRONG. Anyhoo. I am unsure of how often this will get updated, but I hope at least once a week!

Most is just random crap. To start off, here a sketch I did a week or so ago. Feel free to rip me apart.

A few more will be coming tonight, then probably another on Monday.

EDIT: the old lady pic is in here simply because that is what I want for my picture on the forum page.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Geta-Ve; February 12th, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And some Donatello action. Gotta love the turtles!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some batman action. Never really drew him before so I figured I would give him a go. After about 3 or 4 tries I still couldn't get his right arm halfway decent so I scrapped it.

Also tried drawing in a few different styles, some which I thought turned out alright.

I really need to start doing some whole body work. And women. I am TERRIBLE at drawing the opposite gender.

*sigh*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Old Asian Lady

Here is a sketch/drawing I did tonight of an old asian lady. Ref can be found here

http://snapshots.actioncambodia.org/...mese-woman.jpg

Took about an hour or so. I am fairly happy with it. After an hour of staring intently at her face I feel like I want to meet her.. She seems sad to me.. ?

Soundtrack while drawing - Until the Whole World Hears. by Casting Crowns.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    really cool sketchbook you have going here
    looking forward to seeing more
    have a good one
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @OmertA:

Thanks so much! I shall make sure to check yours out also!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just another quick (ish) random sketch I did after the old asian lady. I was going to do more of the creature on the bottom left, but my hand started cramping up.

Original idea for the bottom guy goes to my good friend AdmiralRa.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good start, you are improving very much as you post. For figure i suggest getting a book on anatomy it will help you greatly as an artist. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Icedearth15876: Thanks so much! Ya I do have that Dynamic .. umm.. figure.. drawing book by Whats-his-name Hogarth-something-or-other. haha. Very good book! Though, it is at my parents house and I am living with my fiancee right now, I should get it some time. heh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my next page of sketches, though there are only 3 on this page. Sorry. But this all took me like, an hour and a half. I suck I know.

But I digress, I am actually fairly happy with what I have drawn here. I tried for 3 different styles, top right *trying* to be a bit more realistic, with the bottom right going for an exaggerated realistic cartoony style, and then the obvious cartoony style. Not sure if I really succeeded on any of them, but hey, that's what this is all about right?

Thanks for any crits and comments!

*PS. Yes that is Comb Overs bulge . . . Hawt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some fun stuff you got there. Please.. by all means continue.

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @zaorr: Hey, thanks so much! I appreciate the support!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another small page of random sketches. I was reading through my Darkstalkers Tribute book tonight and got inspired to do a sketch of the Talbain character, I just wish I could do him more justice...

Started to try some women on for size, not going well... The difficult thing about females is that their lines are precise and clean, whereas with males you can get away with dirty/sketchy lines.

I had fun though with the Talbain sketch, I don't use colour very often, and I think it blatantly shows. Just another thing I have to work on.

Cheers guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another Talbain sketch, this time full body. A lot of the depth and perspective is wonky, but I think it turned out alright.

Next one I promise will be more women! haha.

This one took about an hour and a half, listened to 'Until the Whole World Hears' by Casting Crowns.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there! So, here is the promised female practice. Very terrible, and mostly me just mixing and matching female reference.

One thing I think that really helps/cheats in creating a female character is the hair style. I found that my terrible renditions of females could pass as such with a passable female hairstyle.

I am still learning the placement and such for females, and trying to teach myself that I have to restrict my lines a lot more than with my male characters. At least until I really understand the parts that make girls, girls.

EDIT: Also the album I listened to while drawing this was 'Queen's Greatest Hits'

Last edited by Geta-Ve; February 9th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Zarma

Hey there!

Been a few days, but I am still on top of this thing. Today I wanted to draw something big and muscular. I have been playing Darksiders recently and WOW the design style is so gorgeous. I thought Samael (a demon character) was sweet looking, with his inverted wings, but then I met Ulthane, man what a fantastically created character. His design is so damn inspiring. The modeling in that game is INSANE.

Ya I am kind of head over heels about the game...

Anyhow, now that I have lead this post by filling your minds with awesome artwork, we get to look at my shitty stuff.

To be honest, I was fairly happy with how this turned out, as I set out to pose him as such. There are obvious glaring mistakes, but after about 2 hours I am too tired to keep going. BUT, feel absolutely free to lay down some critiques for me

Soundtrack:

Until the Whole World Hears, by Casting Crowns
    Ghost Opera, by Kamelot

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Megaman!

Hey there, it has been awhile I am sorry! But I am been having serious issues logging in to the forums here. Seems that signing up via facebook connect was the WRONG way to go about things since it gives me major issues when, as I said, I try to log in.

*sigh*

Anyhow, here is a new sketch, back to men again I know :/ I shall do more women I promise! Obviously this is the Blue Bomber, aka MegaMan.

Just a simple fun drawing. I had wanted to draw mountains of those hard hat dudes, but I got bored after two.. haha.

Critiques and comments always wanted and welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Zarma

Here is another rendition of Zarma. This time he has his boy on his shoulder. I realized something when I was sketching this, I have absolutely no clue how to draw children. In fact, I am worse at children than I am at women!

Ah well, it came out alright though, almost like I imagined! The whole idea behind the Zarmaton race is that they are giant slaves, slower minded and strong-like-ox.

They are akin to the cave trolls you see in the LOTR movies, except these guys are inherently good, peaceful creatures. Vegetarian also (hence the flat teeth in the previous Zarma sketch).

The story goes that eventually one Zarma born smarter than the rest figured out that 'hey, slavery is wrong!' and started a rebellion against their masters (hence the scars). I suppose he goes on to become a great leader of the Zarma race, and all that jazz.

So this sketch took about 2 hours (I sketched in light pencil and then traced over with the thicker lines). Used Sketchbook Pro 2010 for the whole thing.

Listened to the album 'The Saving One' by Starfield... TWICE. haha.

Critiques and comments are always welcome and wanted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everybody!

Or, whoever reads this at least.

So, if anyone was interested in my progress before, I just want to let you know that I haven't given up, in fact I have been actively drawing for awhile now, I just haven't posted because of complications with my CA.org account. That is all resolved now though and we should be back in business shortly. I will post a bunch of crap tonight.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A bunch of stuff

Alright, so here is part 1 of my update since I have been gone. Best thing here is the Donatello. The shaded one is the rough, while the lined one is the one I will be colouring. So far the whole thing has taken me about 10+ hours, but man I have learned SO much.

The rest, let's see.

1: Barg: This was just something I did for fun, just messing around one night, nothing special.

2: Bears: Practicing drawing different bears, you will notice all but the bottom right are polar, the other is a grizzly.

3/4: Donatello: See opening paragraph.

5: Heads: Just some head practice. Nothing really good, but practice is practice. You will notice I was trying some women for once. Didn't work out so well. haha.

Anyhoo, leave me some critques and comments!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.