Sketchbook: World inside my head - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: World inside my head

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, i must say im sorry, once again,
    i have been busy (and too lazy to put something here..) with paperwork for university, and other art schools. I also have been busy cause school tasks, my teacher aint gonna give me any break -_- and only time i got is to work after school, which i do but at the moment, im working on some large study of Michelangelo's Pieta, i just love that work. So i am drwaing it, as well as i can as respect for Masters, and to pursue to learn to think like Michelangelo did, unfortunately since its sculpture, i can't learn much technical from it, but surely it has been great ^^ and it will be done till next week till that il try work.

But anyone reading this, can you give me any tips for tests of university?, like what kind of stuff was there for you?. I know it surely will have at most 3 works, or less, 1 week time and lots of tough Questions from teachers ^^.

Thanks.

And oh, the reason why i updated this, have a Rosehip and charcoal ^^

-J-P

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is pieta study..so far..
    Damn, i just had to show the process of my study so far. ^^
    Note that i haven't yet done the face to be anything like original, its just to figure out the big picture.
    But, ALL CREDIT GOES TO Michelangelo Buonarroti, greatest artist ever lived!

Please, comment or critizise, id love to see someone else here than just me talking all alone, heheh. ^^

-J-P

Last edited by J-P Nihtinen; April 15th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, the watercolor and pastel stuff is finally over -___- and i must say, it was shit, for the reason that here in Finland, nearly every school wants modern art, and my teacher seemed to just DESPITE fine arts, and mocked that studying single subject is not so good as drawing freely, with left hand, without knownledge, without a freaking clue about subject.

As Leonardo Da Vinci said once; An artist without knownledge over anatomy is like a sailor without map or compass.

So.. do i give a shit about that modern bullshit?, naw.

But now, its time for digital art and working with photoshop, i must say im not gonna upload anything for a while, im gonna be freaking busy once again, cause next week i got my final task, and after that, maybe some sketches, but then again i might have to go to academy of fine arts in Helsinki for entrance tests, if im lucky =D.

But dont worry,il be back "floodin da channel"

Enjoy, please.

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, i was wrong lol =D i did have little time as making my final drawing for school, its going great and it will be done in time ^^

!!

heres some studies, mainly about scapula and clavicle, since i remember now all muscles of arm (in latin though..) its time for bone areas to get info about accurate insertions and origos of muscles =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My final mission is soon done, but for now, i just wanted relax and..
    well since i have photoshop for making imagines smaller and bigger, i just drawed something for fun, which was.. Skeletor

Kinda light drawing eh?.. well its just for the laughs ^^

Note that i dont have drawing pad, just mouse and im no conceptartist.
    Somehow proves how powerful tool Photoshop is.. -_-

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The work in this thread is stunning! I particularly admire your study after Leonardo (I believe it's on page 2), the city scape (post#33), and the Pieta study after Michelangelo. The only thing I would suggest, is on the Pieta drawing, you've cut off some arm and some of the Christ figure. it's better for the composition, to try to fit everything in the picture plane with some negative space around the figures. I don't mean to forcibly squeeze, or scrunch it in, but rather to plan the composition so the subject scales better with the space.
    That's about my only critique.
    Keep it up!

~Zombifried
    zombifried's sketchbook

"Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try"
    -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

zombifried's sketchbook
    zombifried's sculpture thread

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zombifried For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zombifried, thanks but i accurally do know that getting everything into drawing is good, escpecially if subject's highest part is on totally top edge of paper and lowest part on lowest edge, bit of a challenge. I have read this from Bert Dodson's keys to skill of drawing,

when you do it, it increases overall accuracy of artist, but you know.

I don't wanna do too much things at one time, i'm pretty simple guy, and wanna do one thing by one, when i wanna learn about proportions, i do it, but if i add to that something like this, i'm just gonna be confused, can't help it

I listen to your critique though my friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I figured you already knew that about the composition. It was the only thing that was glaringly obvious to me at the time. Nothing else really looks too out of place... And, I too, like to only concentrate on one thing at a time.
    ~Zombifried
    zombifried's sketchbook

"Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try"
    -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

zombifried's sketchbook
    zombifried's sculpture thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, only thing i can really say is that thanks =D

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sketch work man, I can't believe you've gotten as few comments as you have! I'm especially liking your work with shadow shapes, I love the form you can get just with 2 values and some shape!! and it's refreshing to see someone who loves to draw as much as you do, it really comes across. I'd really like to see some of your work scanned as I bet it looks even better.
    Subscribed and will definitely be back again soon!

Peace
    Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sketch work man, I can't believe you've gotten as few comments as you have! I'm especially liking your work with shadow shapes, I love the form you can get just with 2 values and some shape!! and it's refreshing to see someone who loves to draw as much as you do, it really comes across. I'd really like to see some of your work scanned as I bet it looks even better.
    Subscribed and will definitely be back again soon!

Peace
    Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dan, back from London with gentle greetings! ^^
    Thanks for such compliments, but you know i got way to go heh, but i must say first i was like "omfgwtfbbq when it was so hard here, like it mattered to get views and comments" but now, i have come to realize; it does not matter, im still here, im doing what i love and im happy that way! im pleased within.

I don't mind, and for those who see my work, im gonna give everything i could give!

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres something for ya, mostly humerus studies and scapula rematch =D

AND! as i was in england, there was one of michelangelo's cartoons in British museum, so i went there after school scheclude and asked, if i could practice from it (yes, it was original).

I didin't wanna do whole thing there, just one sidekick charater, like at renesance times, apprentice could make only one sidekick.

I do this as respect for this man! he was indeed arguably greatest artist of all time.

Hand on chest*

Peace.

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tonight im' gonna go and buy some drawing tools again
    I'm totally out of everything, i mean nothing to paint on, only few papers left, no fixative.. freaking nothing. -_-

So what to do?, well. I tried to sketch a mecha for fun, it's just practice for just the case that i will not someday become fine artist after all, and i would have to take profession of concept art. So even if i simply hate anime and all, i wanted to make my own design of mecha. Only mecha thing i know is Armored core really, it was good game, so yeah. Guess it's re-design of some Armored core char. Dunno.

I had fun, and i promise, i will go get those tools, and do some accural artwork.

Peace

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woooooow! Incredible stuff! Your sketchbook is simply insane. Really reminds me of the old masters. I´m speechless.

Marco

17. The Following User Says Thank You to marcotronic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stunning sketcbook,
    I love the anathomy execises...seem to be in front of some master's studies and also the architectural images are impressive!!
    Really great!
    Leo

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dleoblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's few humeruses, got now some fixative for while and also some new charcoals, they are larger than before, and as my paper size is A4, its kinda sloppy, sorry about that but hey, it does the job. (i also upgraded my mecha a little, just for funs

All i want after all is to learn about this bone for now. (god i have so much to learn from this bone, it will take time to master it)
    Drawing it, thinking about forms, and memorizing names of parts of it, and after i have finally learned, i can truly know, where are insertios and origos of each muscle, then i will truly know, of muscles.

And thanks for you, dleoblack and marcotronic, such kind cheers keep me up. Never give up yourself ok? Always keep going and you will always go far id' say! =D

And oh, tomorrow i thought about trying to finish off my sketchbook, and do about 20-30 drawings, we will see. =D

Later this summer i promise, i will attempt to draw at most 100 drawings in one day. But that's some other day's topic for now, i'm just going to learn this humerus, then ulna and radius, then inserios and origos, then we can move to hand.

Just take care everyone and, enjoy your time.

Peace out

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love your use of perspective. I would really like to see more of that.

Your studies are inspirational, keep it up.

"When you put soul into your drawings, they will come to live."

Sketchbook | Deviantart

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cifgha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, cifgha. And yes, on any more serious works i always use perspective by golden point of paper as vanishing point of horizon, so yeah. After i have studied anatomy for whole summer we will see more of perspective, which by the way is pretty damn interesting thing to study when you REALLY realize what it is.

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here goes!

Today i did.. 11 drawings, some i drawed with left hand, cause my right was shaking like hell.. so i must say sorry for quality

Well, i promised yesterday about 25-30, but damn seems that with tones it just aint possible, but hey! Would i learn as much if i drawed only fast line arts?

I think in the end, this is only improvement, i mean before, i did 10 bones in a day, without tones, now i do same, with tones.
    I'm happy myself, and this will only improve my learning alot more, if i did only lines, i would miss all this time i have for tones.

This is better way.
    Shame my charcoals are really not that good this time or maybe i should try to draw with other one from package..

Anyways, i hope you enjoy this stuff, though it's still Humeruses, but better to do it carefully and truly know the bone before going on, eh?

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a character i made for my brother as birthday gift to reflect his jester-like persona, funny person, yet evil in a way.

Happy birthday Jaska!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bubumo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your works are beautiful!!!! Draw everything you can but dont forget to draw from imagination . Keep up the good work! And good luck with the entrance exams!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dunno what else to say, but your work is CLASSY!

nice!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mondar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great updates!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dleoblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dleoblack Thanks again =D

Mondar That's the point my friend

Bo-ee Woa =D thanks alot! I will try my best at there, basically everything i have done here is for that test. I swear that i will succeed, no matter how hard it will be
    And about works from imagination, yeah your comment made me think of my basis, maybe i should do something like.. 8 hours of anatomy and 2-4 of imagination poses that use anatomy, i did it sometimes, some sketches with M on them means that they are from imagination in this sketchbook. And yeah it helps alot, reminds me of diffrend muscles and forces me to think. Thanks =D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But about my second post today, i could not do very many drawings today, for i was watching TAD (Traditional and Digital) since it was free today, and making some writings about my experiences about it and what i learned

But theese drawings i made might be really complicated for some of you, i was studying origo of humerus and how it is able to move, i have here humerus, scapula and clavicle and few rib bones (shame i don't know latin name for them yet..) but anyways, some poses might be hard to figure out so don't wonder.

Hardest is definetly last one, since there aint much seen about scapula as it moves so far into back.

Hope you guys like this, it has been great day

Thanks -J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The anathomy execises are realy great...

the only question is, is it realy necessary to go so deep into every single bone?

anyway! great work, keep it up!

Just another Journey...

“Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.”

35. The Following User Says Thank You to N E X T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NEXT, that is a good point, it really depends you know, i want to know everything, i thirst for knownledge. I mean, look at da vinci, he knew even every single vein and everything.

Why i am doing even bones so accurately is cause then i will know origos and insertios of muscles exactly, by areas of bones. Then read of the subject where exactly theese muscles attach into (insertio) and where they come from (origo)
    I will know exactly the placement of muscles. Now for concept artist this would be utter waste of time imo (just knowing all muscles should do the thing). But i am no Concept artist, i am classist after all, And my whole idealogy is to create perfect human beauty as classist. Most likely perfectionistic figures with little glimpse of religios miracle.

It is my duty to know everything before starting to do the real thing.
    And anatomy is very important, i am young, 18. And what i learn now, i will know like my own hands as old. I want it to be the hard stuff.
    Next thing after i would know anatomy is to master meansurement, which i will start studying for 1 year, combined with anatomy.

The risk though in high degree of knownledge over anatomy has it's bad side. It's that anatomists tend to draw things as they know, not anymore trusting eye, which is obvious mistake. But by acknownlegeing this, i myself have overcome this SO FAR. For example when i made my finishing work at school, which is my SB's avatar. I had really no problem, maybe little wish to heighten supinator's strenght but. What i see is what is true. And i overcame that will.

In few words: It aint problem at all, as long as you acknownledge it's risk; and risk is no more.

Sorry for preaching >_< Hope that teached you folks something though.

-J-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Getting deep up in here! I'm really interested to see how you will develop with your in depth studies.

Got my eye on you man!! haha

38. The Following User Says Thank You to danlambert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies man! Keep it up, I will keep watching. Your perspective is pretty good, Just keep up with your studies!!

Starr

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Starr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.