Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Do you get high?

I do

Do you get high?

Do you get high?

Do you get high?

*edit: For the sober and judgemental: These are just doodles... don't assume I am incapable of real sketching and drawing because I get high.
    Last edited by DanielandTheLionsPen; February 7th, 2004 at 12:27 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow Brother. Put down the Drugs and Draw more.

:bash:

We're gonna have to get you some less friendly Lions...

-Joshua

Thanks
    I believe this thread gets the "Out of Left Field" award.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I usually try to be open-minded about things. Though, I think that using drugs for the sole purpose of drawing better is just rediculous. Its a insult to all the people who spend hours, day, weeks, or months on their designs, color choices, etc. Its quite upsetting to see a crack head do the same just because he bought a packet of crack for 20 bucks. Also, it gives all artists a bad name when people do this. A lot of people think that all artists do some form of drug. Or are psychotic in some shape or form. Its sad to hear that they're somewhat right.

P.S. I don't think I take my sig seriously! :p

Thanks
    Originally posted by AnarchyAo2
    I usually try to be open-minded about things. Though, I think that using drugs for the sole purpose of drawing better is just rediculous. Its a insult to all the people who spend hours, day, weeks, or months on their designs, color choices, etc. Its quite upsetting to see a crack head do the same just because he bought a packet of crack for 20 bucks. Also, it gives all artists a bad name when people do this. A lot of people think that all artists do some form of drug. Or are psychotic in some shape or form. Its sad to hear that they're somewhat right.
    I've never done a drug. I don't even drink. I agree 100% with what you've stated. :chug:
    "They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    Well, most people don't think of the regular Joes working for game studios when they think of modern artists. They think of modernistic hippy types who wear berets, get high, and do artsy fartsy paintings. I mean look at Pollock's work. If I didn't know that he had problems I would assume that he got raging high and/or drunk (hmm, maybe not both at the same time) before working on his pieces. Or Warhol. I assume that you can only appreciate his works fully when on a trip.

I thought the same way before I actually started getting interested in art and seeing all the normal (:rofl people who populate the field. Its just the attention whoring art snob types who get the media attention, and that's why people have a distorted image.

(I don't like artsy people. Its a miracle I've managed not to write essays for the artsy people thread)

As for the original posts, the art would be better if it was cleaner. Kinda interesting graphic design, but not really anything moving. At least not for me and my cold cold heart.

Oh, and no I don't do drugs, and I don't drink.

Thanks
    Well, actually I saw my best friend turning into a little bunch of shit because of drug abuse.

I can do those artsy fartsy (and butt-ugly) images without taking drugs, and even better ones.

Thanks
    Originally posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    Wow Brother. Put down the Drugs and Draw more.

:bash:

We're gonna have to get you some less friendly Lions...

-Joshua

haha!

you shouldn't need or use drugs to become a better artist. hard work and dedication is all you need to start smoking Dan the Man.

Thanks
    Look at me, I can make pictures that make no sense with pot too! Well, I didn't have pot, I guess Pepsi will suffice, its got caffine!

Do you get high?

Thanks
    dude.....thats good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I don't do drugs becuase hippies do drugs, and hippies suck.

Thanks
    Bah!

No one said anything about smoking to become a better artist. Those were just doodles and I could care less if anyone likes them. I could also care less whether anyone likes me getting high...

drugs are not the problem, people are the problem, smoking weed every so often isn't going to bring out any traits in a person unless that person wants it to...

I like being calm and creative and being high is only a creature comfort, for the most part I am always level headed and always imagining things but couldn't we say that is due to the open mindedness that might've resulted from smoking?

Your call.
    Natural pschoactives are not that bad. Marijuana and Mushrooms are two enlightening substances if used with the right attitude.

later.

Do you get high?

Thanks
    or maybe with used with the right attitude they make you think that they are enlightening substances but theyre really not!!!!

and then you die

Thanks
    Originally posted by Exo
    I don't do drugs becuase hippies do drugs, and hippies suck.
    couldnt have put it better myself :chug:
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    i already have enough trouble getting motivation, I would do absolutely nothing if I was a pothead...

but to each his own. don't get caught, jail is a different kind of enlightenment

Thanks
    Boy. Now all of a sudden I really wish I wasn't too young to remember van-art. If i had a van I'd paint a little kid riding a unicorn stabbing "the man" with his horn. Either that or Scooby-doo, Gismo from Gremlins and Slimer from ghostbuster all danceing around big peace symbol. That'd kick ass. I also actually appreciate the people who make it. It's not like any of it really serves a social purpose, it's just there for anyone too like at as they pass it on the interstate and either shake their head or say "hell yeah."

anyway, what were we talking about?
    Last edited by N D Hill; February 7th, 2004 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks
    *stamp* [ARTSY FARTSY]
    you don't care if anybody judges your drug abuse, you don't care if anybody likes your doodles, but you still trying to print your pubertal opinions on us.

ask yourself - do we need to know about your nonsense-hobbies? Is anybody interested in paintings that childs could do better?

Obviously, I care. But only once, because I try to negate hormon-obligated deviant behavior. Only once.

Thanks
    Careful which mushrooms you take. I hear the red ones with polka dots are real yummy. Try those. Stay away from those store kind though, they are deadly.

Thanks
    If you don't care, go away and doodle in your own room.

Smoke as much as you like but don;t come back whining you've made a failure of your life and have medical problems.

At least change your attitude towards drugs. If you want to do drugs it's ok to do it as a social occasion but don't try to look cool by taking substances. Nobody is cool only because they digest anything.

I live in Holland, and here you can do this stuf legally. However, most people i know that actually get work done and are good at anything don't use it. Everybody tries in high school (the name, duh...) but after that mostly only the misfits continue doing it regularly...

But anyway, it's your call. Just know what you're in for. I've seen the potheads and addicts. They seem cool at first but their brain gets fried early and few recover to get anytwhere in life.
    Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Yep. Most of my old friends are pot heads now. About 1/2 of them are kicked out of school perminately for doing it in the bathroom at school. 1 had to have his family move to PA (I live in VA), because no other schools in the state would take him. 2 got to come back to school after taking night school for 2 years. One got kicked out again after doing speed in the bathroom. Another got kicked out a year later for huffing in the bathroom. Keep in mind that all of these guys had hopes of going to college and were damn smart in school. They just wanted to be cool and show off. I thought it was stupid. I mean, if I don't need to do pot now, how am I really missing out on anything? Plus, I never have any money to buy it.

Thanks
    "Smoke as much as you like but don;t come back whining you've made a failure of your life and have medical problems. "

BAHAHAHA.

Yeah okay...

I think some of you are just a little too jaded and square (yes I called you squares).

Dissing my art, predicting unlikely outcomes for my life... it doesn't do much but prove that people who smoke are generally nicer and less hostile then people who HEAR about people who smoke.

Smoke a joint...
    or just continue getting upset about ME smoking a joint... either way, I'm high and fine, and your sober and bored. (or maybe we're both fine and there is no reason to be an asshole about ANYTHING, now THERE's a novel concept!)

Bye guys.

Thanks
    Git out a'here you lil' punk! have some r'spect for authority!

...communist.

Thanks
    Pff, "squares". You automatically lose any argument when you use that word. Its in the hippy lexicon, and hippies have GOT to go. Wait a minute...hippies do drugs too...And they produce meaningless artwork like yours as well!

hmm. Connect the dots on that one. not a pretty image that comes out.

Do you get high?

Thanks
    Are you guys kidding me?

Hippies???
    If smoking pot makes you a hippy you really don't have a clue what smoking is about... or why millions of americans do it, all from different cultures races and even religions (yes religious people smoke too!)

I wouldn't mind educating you all but you've obviously go your own ideas...

hippies though... rofl... that's funny.

Bye.

Thanks
    I was talking about mulitple aspects, not the pot alone.

And don't take what you read on forums so seriously man. Chill, smoke a joint or three, take some Tylenol, maybe a bottle or two, have a case of beer...--> x:

Damnit, I gotta stop giving bad advice.

Thanks
    DanielandTheLionsPen : lol man. chill out. i have smoked weed, most people have smoked weed. But the people who smoke weed and then deem themselves superior for doing it are just laughable.
    Many people have many different opinions on weed. Just because you smoke it all the time doesnt make yours right .

But if you really are better than all of us ANTI-MAKING-BAD-ART-AND-CALLING-IT-GOOD-BECAUSE-YOUR-HIGH Squares, then why waste your time with us .

See yah!

Thanks
    whoa! Have you guys ever never noticed that hands are really huge? Man what if you're an ant and it's coming down to crush you! That ant's like "man! that hand's coming to get me! I better get out of here!" Don't believe me? Hold our hand up to your face and put it up really close and it's like it's growing. Wierd huh?

...crap. I have to go guys, my crystal-meth lab I was running out of my bathtub just exploaded.

Thanks
    OMG EXO! ITS INSANE! :waves: LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!

Ok, enough caps lock madness. Daniel, if you want crits on your artwork, then post on the appropriate forum section. If you want to get high, then do it and don't bother us with needless posts. And if you don't want to be scrutinized, then don't give out any information about yourself in such an attention whoring way.

Thanks
    Haha..

ok whatever. i was just looking for some cool people who smoke... not judgemental sobersome people.

my fault.

Thanks
    Did you know that weed cuts off the flow of blood to your extremities. It does more damage to your brain. Often it causes alot of lung diseases. And In my personal opinion it doesn't make people more mellow and nicer to people. It just makes them stupid. But, mainly it slows the blood to "certian" body parts. So I promote you to smoke because that will mean your...certain body parts will stop working quicker and hopefully you won't be able to have any children to add to your stupidity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast