*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2* - Page 68
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2727
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shoot-
    how do you folks get the image to post rather than the url?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    perineum...grab the url from the last box under the image. should start with (img)

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He's talking about when your in Photobucket:

Otherwise just take the images url and add [img] in the front and [/img] afterwards. Or just click the picture of the mountain in the menubar when your writing your message.
    P.S. The lines look like fun.

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; October 11th, 2005 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is my try at something i found on page 28

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i should get my wacom tomarrow i cant wait!

I dont know what to say... so ill just sit here with my mouth open.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i think Sanejack7 did the line art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow.. been gone a loooong while. I cant believe this thread still lives. welp I think I will collect me some lineworks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dun ask why its blue.. it just seemed right. this was fun, its good to be back.. think I'll do another.

editing to add another. such great lines this one. only one thing more sexy than a chick with a gun, a chick with a gun and a sword

and more.. one of FWA's scans. getting the sneaking suspicion this thread isnt as active as I first thought

Last edited by jubilee; October 13th, 2005 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok i got my wacom in and have been foolin around with it, these are the products...

hope theyre ok !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, some quick replies to keep the thread goin: (What? I'm tired...)

@charger: #1: Looking good, especially the flame. I think the blue robe could have some higher values or maybe less intensity?
    #2: Man, these are great lines. Nice take on them by the way, a bit different than what we usually see maybe, almost like colored pencil?. It looks like you've used really small brushes the whole time though, you may want to try and limit yourself to using small brushes until near the end.

@Jubilee: The thread lives but usually it's on life support so help keep it alive ! .
    #1 Walaboo. Pretty nice dood, you've got your own style for sure. Only thing I can think of right now is that everything is very saturated/intense, you might consider reserving the most saturated parts for just your subject and dulling everything else out in order to keep our attention on the subject.
    #2: Nice colors !
    #3: Again, sweet. I have noticed on these however that you go really bright and almost white perhaps too soon?

@Foilsim: Good stuff man, how's the wacom treating you?
    #1: I like the color scheme. It seems you favor a simple shading kind of style, but they don't seem flat. Kind of interesting. Anyways, keep it up!

Did a quickie... cause I feel like doing this one everytime someone else brings it out again...

I did a few tests and "studies" on it as well, this wasn't going to get "finished" but it started flowing... then I got bored with it though so here it is:

Just working on some new ideas. Say what comes to mind, peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the crits and ideas. you make a very good point! I think I'll take your advice and desaturate the background a bit. Maybe add a hint of clouds. That purple featureless sky was sorta getting to me anyway.

I wish I could add linework to this thread but my drawings usually start with a blob and not a line.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    apathy: great stuff, a big jump from the first time you did these lines huh? the arm on the right looks a bit sausage-like, am i right? just a thought

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    must remember to make note of the page and line artist .. oy. this took forever to re-find. this little guy was way back on pg 19 and hadnt seen much attention. If I had the will to do a backround I think I'd put a china teacup in his upraised.. pincer? and put him in a parlor

anyway thanks mucha for the lines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya guys, I thought I might use this as an opportunity to get my arse into gear and practice colouring a bit more Thanks to dieoxin (did I spell that right?) for the lines I yoinked a while back!

2hrs or so, I think? The character was too cool to pass up.

Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and I shall call him Squishy and he shall be my.. squishy.

hello Squishy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quickie (I should actually take more time and effort in these colorings)
    About two hours I think, Painter, mostly Oils...

iolarnula > great colors =), I really like how you used those dots for highlighting.
    jubilee > your coloring looks really great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like those color choices Sirith. Rather subdued and sad. I've been eyeing that pic to color for a few days now but I just cant think of a unique take on it and theres so MANYgreat renditions of it.

I must be in the halloween spirit or something.. picking all the creepy evil critters I can find to color. I sorta saw this guy as an old crusty demonic drill sargeant.

last one for the weekend.. probably could have been better.. but I ran out of weekend

Last edited by jubilee; October 17th, 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Responding ! (In Order)
    @Jubilee: Yeah, I do the blob drawing thing too.
    @audioslavekane: hehe, little bit of a jump huh? I second the whole arm=sausage thing. I think that's where I got bored.
    @Jubilee: I've lost what page lines are on too many times, such a pain. Nice color choices and textures on the alien by brkofdon. It also has a really good "feel" in the lighting. I'm not buying your shadow for a second though .
    @iolarnula: Real sweet textures! The shoulder blade is great to look at. But maybe try someway to show off the roundness of the face more? A redhighlight on the other cheekside as well perhaps? P.s. digging some of the colors at your DA, specifically the one from your avatar.
    @Jubilee: More?! Your trying to out do me aren't you?! You've got some really cool things going on here, the slime and skin in particular. However I don't feel it's "3Dness". It seems a little flat. Also I can't much tell what's going on with it's belly scales, looks like it's been graffitied.
    @Sirithduriel: Nice low key picture, something I should try more often. I still feel it needs one more level of light, perhaps just a small patch of highlights on the face?
    @Jubilee: AHA! Again! You ARE trying to out color me! #1: Good stuff, I would like to know how you work, it seems you just go right over the lines, no multiply layer or anything. Something you might want to consider is reflected light. I.E. the strong red wings etc onto it's dull gray skin. #2 Impressive! The light source is really great for these lines! And you've got the cool textures going again. Overall on all your pieces if there was one thing I'd like to see is some different edge strengths. A hard line compared to a blurry line. Your using PS right? Try messing with the hardness setting. Anyways Keep it up!

Whew~! After all that, I hope I don't sound like an ass...

Ok, had a run at Uncle Enzo's lines at the top of the page:

Good fun ! The pale white skin was a nice change of pace from the usual skintones. Hope you don't mind I changed a few things, artistic license if you will... The hair was a lot of fun ! All in all I think around 2h to 2h30m.

Cheers~! I'm going to go eat and then see if I feel like coloring some more.

Oh! P.S. We could really use some more people in the Peer Project Thread otherwise it may never get off the ground, would be a real shame. So pleeeassse come participate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Idiot Apathy :
    - thanks! not buyin the shadow huh? well it was a quicky, the background I really wanted was too far out of the timeframe I wanted to spend on it so I went fast and dirty. And it shows
    - not trying to outdraw I just had a long weekend with nothing to do for once and thought I'd take my drawing programs out for a jog. Been more than a year since I've touched anything 'art' so I am .. erm.. overzealous I guess
    - Squishy? well he's sposed to have a transparent belly.. something new for me I wasnt sure how to follow through on it. The graffiti is veins or.. lung tissue I am not sure which but its apparently lost in translation LOL. Its not good when ya gotta splain, *snort*
    - Actually all but the one-eyed alien (that was done in PS) was done in Painter9. Usually I color under the linework first. Get in all the flats and values. Then I go back and color over the lines and work in textures and final touches. I change brushes often between pieces since I am trying to decide which I like best. So far the oil pastel with a soft blender stump still remains my fav.
    - thanks for all the comments and the help. I really do appreciate it! I am more of a colorer than a draw-er so I am sure you'll find me camping in here more.

- lastly I love what you did with the pic of the girl. Your 'artistic license' on the hair is great and I love the little pout/upturned lip you gave her. The only thing I find a bit off is her eye whites seem really white. No lacrimal or anything. I need to tame myself down to working on more subdued colors like these. I always seem to find myself reaching for the brightest crayons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys, nice to hear you like what I'm trying to do .
    Idiot Apathy > Thanks for the comment! I have tried some warmer oranges as 'highlights' on her skin (and while I was at it, I couldn't let the greens untouched, but just with green here), and I think it looks a lot better:

Though the complete sadness is a bit gone I think, it looks more balanced and a bit less dull.

And your try at those lines looks really great. I love the colors, though I agree with Jubilee that the eyes might a bit too white.

Jubilee > Those new ones are really great again. I really like that cell style shading on the first one, and the textures on the second one. I'm wondering how you pull those textures off, I usually get stuck with 'not blending' which doesn't give much of a texture...
    And as you described above me, I also have the habit of choosing bright colors.. Usually when I try to choose less saturation, or brighter and darker, my brains decide it looks dull, and I should try brighter colors .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, it's been a while since I've been able to post here, I've missed this thread! There are loads of new people here, which is great to see.

Did somebody ask for more lines?

I thought seeing as I haven't been able to post much recently due to nda's I'd give you guys a few things with a bit of variation to keep you all busy and having fun. Aren't I nice?

First off, for those of you who want something a bit more cartoony:
    the Skull-kidd returns!!

And he's brought a couple of friends along...

Something a little stylised:

and finally, for those of you that are feeling like a challenge:

(Note: there are at least 2 of you that I expect to have a go at that last one--you know who you are!)

Crayonstreak: Nice work, there's a very dream-like quality to your colours there, and I love the patterns in the clothing. Why not finish the image?

Sirithduriel: I like your colouring style, I'd maybe change it so the background isn't pink, but it's a great job nonethless! Keep it up mate!

audioslavekane: Cool job (no pun intended), you've made the ice walkers look like they're in an even more hostile environment than I have on my website banner frontpage!

rick_hershey: It has a nice pastel feel to it. The light could be a bit more consistant, but it's a good job. Nice to see people from one of the other sticky threads join in!

Idiot Apathy:
    Jesus, I'm actually running out of words to describe how good your work is these days. I really admire what you're doing in the Peer project thread too. Keep it up buddy!

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Dave:
    Sweet Jumpin Jesus! He lives! I thought you were dead man!
    First of all, thanks for the compliments Dave, your good for my self esteem.
    You seem pretty busy these days huh? I hope your getting paid well! I expect to hear about it in your sketchbook .

Hopefully I'll have some free time soon to take a shot at these new lines, I've got my eye on the chicken personally. Not so sure about the last one, oof! That's a days worth of work there. Maybe I'll take a stab at the monster though.

As for the peer project, join in damn ya! That goes for everyone! Once it catches on the benefits will be sweet!.

Anyways, good to see you post again buddy.

@Jubilee: Thanks mate! Kudos on the eye catch, I should have spent more time on them, they are so flat! Welp, learning from your mistakes is a good way to remember. I expect some new colors from you in the next couple days .

@Sirithduriel: Looking good dude, I'd like to see you attempt it again sometime down the road, it's good fun. Kudos on the eye comment thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Tweet Tweet~
    Spent some time experimenting on this one, first with some new color ideas then with some techniques etc.

I dunno how long.. was taking care of other things...

Let's hear whatever comes to mind!
    ~Chirp Chirp~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey heres some more, i need to get more line work up though. hope yall like!
    and Idoit, Im loving the Wacom thx for asking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dave > Thanks for the comment!

Idiot Apathy > Thanks! And great coloring on the chick, I like the little hairs that seem to be there, and I have to say that those colors are really well-chosen

Artscreen > I really like the way you colored that one O_O. Dunno, it looks sketchy or something, anyway, I like it

Foilsim > I like those colors and those shadows, though maybe a few highlights might give him a bit more depth . Good work though!

Myself has been playing around with the Skull Kidd (somehow I find him highly adorable), so I had two goes: one BW, one color (I like this one best). I tried this time to paint over the lines somewhat, but that's quite a bit harder than painting under them . I had a few third goes at him, trying to make the colors reflect and stuff, but I didn't really succeed.
    Both about an hour I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

yay, it's been a while. This was really fun

Last edited by RMulhearne; December 10th, 2005 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right, starting from the top:
    @artscreen: Nice dude! I'm likeing the color (scheme?) with pretty intense cyanish shadows. Keep it up!
    @Foilsim: Looks nice but I'm still seeing a lot of jaggies and sharp edges where there shouldn't be any. Have you tried using a Multiply layer over your lines yet? Also watch how opaque your brush is, it looks like you made hundreds of strokes when you could have made much much less. Keep working on your style and using textures, it will pay off!
    @Sirithduriel: First off thanks dudette! Doing one in black and white and then going again into color payed off didn't it? Next time I'd suggest just doing quicker thumbnails at a smaller size however, be less painful and you could do more of them. Painting over the lines is a real pain sometimes huh? I will usually paint under (gel or multiply) and then over on a normal layer. Anyways your really showing off your determination!
    @Rebecca : Welcome back Very interesting job on the girl there, you've got your own style and way of working going again. I'd caution about going to white so quick with highlights however, or at all really. Whites just so strong and garish ya know? Anyways stick around . Oh, P.S. Really digging the new avatar.
    - - - - - -
    Just some junk lines from me today, maybe they are colorable.

Started out as a skull study.
    - - - - - -
    Ok so look at this, it shows who's been posting here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/mis...threadid=17968
    Whaaa?! I'm winning!? Kinda cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Linework - perineum

My first post.

Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast