*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2* - Page 67
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2727
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

larger version of my last post, had to repost...again, these lines provided by davetheoriginal on pg 14 ablout 30mins coloring

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit:

Last edited by Dehron_Samiel; December 29th, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dehron....you may have better results posting this in "non-paying job listings" under employment forums...good luck

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit:

Last edited by Dehron_Samiel; December 29th, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Audioslavekane: Nice dude! I've always thought that was really hard lineart to color and you've done a good quick job of it! I don't think anyone else thought to do ice or snow but it fits it really well. I especially like the falling snow.

@Uncle_Enzo: oo, sweet. Can't wait for a day off!

@Dehron_Samiel: Hey you should get back into this thread damnit! What kind of project is this coloring job for? I don't think I'd be any good for it, just curious.

@Everyone: Anyone still care about the project I was talking about on the last page? I wonder if I should still do it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit:

Last edited by Dehron_Samiel; December 29th, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dehron: since the "rules" of this thread are pretty much enforced, it may not be a bad idea to post those linearts on a sep thread, and invite colorists, just a thought...but we do need new lineart. but i do like the rules...i'm so torn
    this thread "i think" is designed to inspire both side lineart and color, it's a buit selfish of either side to only provide one don't you think? i for one like developing both sides in order to be a better overall artist. maybe you could post a link to the new thread so that the rules aren't broken per se but bent? i dunno

- Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Dehron: Thanks, my passion really comes from learning so much and so quickly within this format. Yeah no doubt the thread has it's "problems" (one might be that it's sticky and those sometimes get passed over), and I agree that their isn't enough people from both camps to satisfy each other (hmm, maybe it's time for me to learn to draw better...). Some lines of varying qualities are pretty hard to color, at least how I like to color. You just can't add volume and form to some lines without completely rethinking them or obliterating them. Your not going to want to put a few hours into a sketch someone has put a handful of minutes into either. Anyways; let me know if you guys want something simple colored (whole characters take too much out of me during school) or if you just want a little help or another eye, maybe I'll have some free time...we'll see.

@Everyone:
    I think what I'd really like to see more of as far as lines go are some simpler studies, say an arm or just a head, I dunno use your head.

Hell just post more lines... oh and if you enjoy this thread as much as I do, copy my signature perhaps?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey IdiotApathy ... l read what you wrote and I concur with the studies aspect of it .. right now I am doing Dave's Transformeresc lines to study metal .. and texture on metal .. its fun but the wacom is annoying .. but anyways ..I pulled somthing from my sketchbook that you would like and I hope everyone can use to practice .. its got skin .. fabric and I dare say ... ... fur ?!!
    Have a jab at it .. see what happens ..

I apologise for the linework, it was hard cleaning up the sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You forgot his eye . . .
    The wacom bugged me a lot at first too, just keep it up. You have any questions about it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I kinda did it on purpose .. forgetting his eye .. in the sketch, the whole eye socket region is shaded .. the drawing was more mood oriented than anatomical correctness .. I forgot to fill that area when I was levelling out the image ..
    And concerning the wacom .. what is a good stain remover for it . cause there is a few smudges on it I can't get out and it makes my lines go wobbly at certain points .. so I just use it to add texture for now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new take on the one on the previous page. I'm much more satisfied with it, although it's terribly pink . Neither is it very much finished, but it's been lurking on my HD for a while, and I don't think I'll finish it anymore..

At the moment I'm working on a piece done way back on page 24. It's quite complicated (to me), and I'm still in the process of choosing my colors... Hopefully it'll turn out nice, though I've barely got any time (university and numorous other things, art and social stuff).

@ Idiot apathy > (late reply ) your idea for something like a 'practise thread' sounds very cool, and I think it can teach us all a lot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DieOxin
    I kinda did it on purpose .. forgetting his eye .. in the sketch, the whole eye socket region is shaded .. the drawing was more mood oriented than anatomical correctness .. I forgot to fill that area when I was levelling out the image ..
    And concerning the wacom .. what is a good stain remover for it . cause there is a few smudges on it I can't get out and it makes my lines go wobbly at certain points .. so I just use it to add texture for now
    What... in ... gods name DID YOU DO TO YOUR WACOM?! I couldn't tell you what is going to work on getting the stains out of your BRAND new wacom, I've always kept mine SAFE!

About the eye... not sure how well I can make up an eye, like I said I need to learn how to draw better... so I may or may not finish your sketch...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just got painter 9...whoooohoooo!!! ik know i'm behind a bit, but i need a little help, anyone know any good tutorial pages...i picked up on the basics, pretty much the same shortcuts etc as any other. just want a jump start!!

- Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IdiotApathy -> dude.. I would be pissed at myself if I stained a brand new wacom .. but naw .. it belonged to my buddies dad ( who had nothing to do with art ) .. it was just lying around in the closet so I grabbed it off him .. I like how I can render good textures and stuff with it .. I think I am going to buy one come january .. seems like a good way to end an entire paycheck but yea for now .. I think I will just use it to the best I can .. I mean it was free and technically I am getting more than my money's worth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @DieOxin:
    Found this thread:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/arc...p?t-24824.html
    If you can afford it, go straight for an Intuos in January. I've gotten more than enough use out of my Graphire (its a 2 series... they just hit 4 now!) but now that I want to upgrade I'm broke!

@audioslavekane: Painter 9 is realllllly nice. I'd say mainly for the increased speeds. I've experimented a bit with the artists oils but I never really got the hang of them. Other than that... is there any big differences....?

@sithduriel: Nice dude, very pink but nice. I would however prefer that the background didn't compete so much with the subject, tone the intensity or value down a bit on the background perhaps?

Sithduriel bringing those lines out again made me want to work on it, not the whole thing, just one of the good parts.

So, I did the arm about 3 times, 15-25 minutes each I'd say.

Messing around with how background colors (hues/values/intensities) were affecting my perception, and trying out different base colors. Real fun !

Got some days off coming here; I promise I'll get off my ass and get our "project" finalized and ready to go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IdiotApathy > Thanks! I think you're right about the BG, it takes away too much from the figure itself

And, very nice renderings of the arm! It looks quite a lot like skin. I think I like the second best, I think the arm looks most realistic and 'fullest' (can't really point out what I think is best about it...).
    Which brushes do you use btw? So far I haven't really gotten very smooth effects with Painter yet...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I used just one brush and two different blenders. The brush is a modified Details Oil Brush (can't remember exactly what all I have changed), this brush is really soft and doesn't leave hard edges so it's really nice for blending. The first blender is just that brush with the resaturation all the way down and low opacity. The second blender I usually don't use but I turned my brush type to soft & grainy on the "painting" brush, so I wanted something just a little bit smoother, it's the Soft Blender Stump 30 (not sure if I've modified that...).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IdiotApathy .. thank you very much .. and I was looking at the Intuos and it seems to be the only one that rivals the new graphite in my head .. so yea come january we shall see and dude You keep this thread alive ..
    Keep this shiznad up ......... mad respect

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, it is on !

The Peer Project *Working Title*

Help me make this a sucess people ! Get in there !
    P.S. Think of a good name for the thread too !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

:D Hi all !!

Nice stechs guys I realy like them They rock!! I wish that I can make some of that (My english is not soo good ) but I'm trying say how to be like you guys I love drawing and PhotoShop See you and again Nice pics

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone, as this is my first post.
    The first pic I saw as I got linked to this thread/site was this one, so it somehow seemed fitting to colour it. (excuse if old?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Cukier : If your wish is that you could make some of this all you need to do is join in on the fun, practice makes perfect.

@Crayonstreak : Welcome to the forums and the thread! No worries about "old" lines, I'm constantly doing ones from 2003 even...
    Pretty good results on this one and nice texturing. I would however like to see more emphasis on the shading (her face seems flat and sharp for one) but that's just my "style" of thinking of course, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't explore your own style.

Right well,
    'Tis the season:
    Quickie lines and Quickie Colors

Not really happy with the inside and the candlelight inside...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try a reference pic of a jack o' lantern apathy....you'll see a warmer tone and some resonance of the back inside wall of the pumpkin...festive though

- Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's another one I hammered out:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit:

Last edited by Dehron_Samiel; December 29th, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok here's my first post in this thread, i cant color yet (wacom is coming, hopefully by thursday). when it does expect to see some of my crappy attempts to color your good lineart. Heres my Cybernetic thingy.. finish the blade however you want

and feel free to get rid of my name, i dont know why i even put it there...

Last edited by Foilsim; October 11th, 2005 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Dehron_Samiel: Nice dude, I tried to color it a little bit but didn't like how it was turning out (the shading I put on the lines got in the way too much I think). I forgot to title the pic "Shmuck" but I think you got the idea, the black hair is definetly where I was going to go. One thing though, you painted over they cheesy chest hair! That is part of the super-shmuck. Cheers!

@Foilsim: Welcome to the thread ! You'd better be posting colors soon ya bum! (I kid I kid). But lord man, that pic is sooo huge and needs major cropping. Allow me:

I'll have to take this down soon so get a resized version up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe sorr that did cross my mind, too lazy i guess. Is that better ^^^^

Last edited by Foilsim; October 11th, 2005 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heres my line piece...

Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast