*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2* - Page 65
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2727

Thread: *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks a lot for those tips!! As you can tell I'm a noob, so I have a hard time thinking/doing all those things at once. I'm glad you spotted that though because I never would have, and would have been left in the dark. I'll keep that in mind next time I do something, especially the reflected light part, it just completely slipped my mind. Thanks again!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mull77: Nice one. The only niggle I have is that the hair doesn't have any light on it at all, but other than that it's a good job you've done there. I like your undead guy too!

Sirithduriel: I like the use of brushes here, and I'm glad you resisted the urge to smudge! The area between her upper lip and nose looks a bit too rendered, but that's just in my opinion. You've done a good job here, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Idiot Apathy: Jesus, Tom! Prolific would be an understatement! It's actually scaring me how consistantly good your work is! And the speed of it is nuts too-you coloured the dia de los muertos in 2 hours? Wow. (Seriously!) I would tell you to keep it up, but I know I don't need to.

DieOxin: Cool stuff mate. I think the black shadow is a touch too stark in the DDLM piece, but the rest of it is nice. I like that you went back and did the cactus too! That fiery lizard has a great pattern on its skin.

Everybody else: Keep up the good work, I wish I had the time to comment on everyone's work!

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah, this seems fun. I have to try!^^

if anybody decides to color this, send me a message please? =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New lines! (Because I love you all! )

The sketchbook thread!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OooOo lordy, the day before school starts and I get this... I think I was just going to be lazy, lets see what happens now.

Thanks for the support Dave, I dare say you've been improving as well. These latest lines are not only very clean and pretty descriptive but the subject itself has emotion. Only 2 crits if I dare, belt buckle star doesn't seem to have the right perspective and I don't see 23:23 anywhere...

Right, better make the most of it, see you in a few hours.

Edit:
    Well, I dunno. Not quite the big finale I would have wanted before my free time to do these goes kaput but I think it's about time for some schooling, my steam is running low.

I'll be interested to see exactly how much free time I'll have with my current classes.

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; August 23rd, 2005 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DaveTheOriginal: Yeh, i should have done the hair, but time was short. Glad you liked the zombie!

Idiot Apathy: Dude, do you ever quit??
    Solid work yet again. Great skin tones and the hair's really becoming your forte.

Here's a new set of lines:

Had a go myself:

[edit] Idiot Apathy: Cheers for the crit! I think it looks quite a bit better now.

Last edited by mull77; August 25th, 2005 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mull77
    Idiot Apathy: Dude, do you ever quit??
    Solid work yet again. Great skin tones and the hair's really becoming your forte.
    Thanks and We'll see, hopefully my courseload will be light but I doubt it. Taking some hard classes that need some studying. So between that and work... maybe I'll have to quit for the semester? I did take a Painter class though so I'll survive.

On your pic (which hopefully I can make some time to paint); Overall really cool and great sense of lighting. I would have liked to see the full shadow parts a slighty different hue (cooler I think) however, maybe closer to blue-green? (of course you'd work from warmer to cooler with distance, oh and you could also have warm shadows if you wanted..) And I'm not a big fan of where the opaque brushes overlap either, perhaps going with high opacity with the details would help?

Anyways, thanks for new lines !

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; August 25th, 2005 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, this turned out pretty fun and enlightening even though I hated it at first! Thanks for the lines Mull77.

I'd say 120-150 minutes.
    Check out the quickie nighttime version:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks again!

Love the colours on both. For the night time version, did you just change the colour values or do it manually?

The only crit i would have is that the sky feels a little flat on both. I know it's hard for it not to in a cloudless sky though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyone wanna have a go a this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Mull77: Thanks dude, your right about the sky; not sure what to do about it though. I liked the orange so much I just left it that way . The "nighttime" version was just an experiment on the hue slider, posted it to just keep people thinking, including myself. Keep em coming mate, lines and paint! (God, I rhyme too much when I'm tired...)
    @Quick_Sketch: I'd love to give your lines a shot but I just can't make out what's going on with the face; I can't make up lighting etc if I don't understand the form. I dig the design and little details though, could be fun to paint.

Maybe it's because of the impending lack of free time but I was pretty motivated to paint today.

This started off as a quick test of a new brush and test it I did, just a lot more than I though I would. I also discovered a neat technique for backgrounds (and a few otherthings). I'd been thinking about how dark all my other pics' have been (I know why) and decided to go a little higher key, I like the result! Thanks for the lines again Dave, keep em coming .

Tell me what you think people!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say: lets keep the critiques and comments rolling, this is good. We can all learn from each other, and besides it gets waaaay too quiet in here at times.

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; August 27th, 2005 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did this yesterday, in about 2-2,5 hours. I actually wasn't really serious about it, just wanted to experiment with a strange base color and then do skin (which is a totally different color of course) and then I threw some weird colors in... At the moment it looks less chaotic than I thought it was yesterday, though the BG is cheap
    As always, i loved doing the skin and the hair...
    Painter 8, Oils (Round Camelhair) and a bit with the Blender (Round Blender Brush), because some parts looked too hard. The (cheap) BG was done with a sponge...

And the lineart is very stunning, Dave (I can call you Dave, right ), it's a sight to see and a joy to color!

Btw, I love your tries at this lineart Idiot Apathy, they look very natural, especially the second (lighter)!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rhythm:

Blues:

Idiot Apathy: I'm just finding myself really looking forward to your colours these days Tom. The last one is ace (and coincidentally quite close to the colours I'd picked for her clothes in my final image--I'll show it as soon as it gets used on a magazine cover next month, I think) Beautiful.

PS. I meant to put the 23:23 into the background of the finished piece, but I completely forgot!!!! D'oh!

Sirithduriel: Thanks for the kind words. Welcome to the thread, it's always good to see new people getting in on the fun. And yeah, you can call me Dave!

The sketchbook thread!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hehe...I found out what the 'Pattern Fill' on GIMP is. Enjoy!^^

P.s. I am new to coloring on GIMP and these boards!^^

I may not be as good as you at art, but I can stare at you 'til your head explodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ARRGGGHHH! MY EYES!!

I've got to say that this actually made me laugh out loud (in a good way).
    That is some mix of colours and textures you've got going there!

Seriously though dude, i think this would have been agood attempt if you hadn't put the background texture on and the marble tex on her skin. I'm not sure what it's possible to do using gimp (always thought it was mostly used for pixel art) but have a go at adding a lightsource, shadows etc yourself. It's the only way you'll improve!

Oh and welcome to the board!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comments.

Take 2 coming soon...

I may not be as good as you at art, but I can stare at you 'til your head explodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a great thread, I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. real great stuff from everyone especially DaveTheOriginal, Idiot Apathy and prostate sunrise

Here's a set of lines from a pic I'm currently painting up but I figured I'd share them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is my second take, although I forgot the background. Oh well...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Wolfess: Definetly an improvement; I'd dig through this thread: ( http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10969 ) and find a link for OpenCanvas. It's free and a lot better than GIMP for what your trying to do. Use it and have the lines on a multiply layer or your color on a multiply layer and you'll be having a much better time and you won't see all the "jaggies".
    @Dreln: Ahhh! Very nice lines; not so fond of the door and wall but man I wish I wasn't so busy with school right now. The position of the gun seems a little wonky too, like it should actually be inside the doorjam.
    @Dave: Ah man, new lines from dave... damn school. O'well I'm learning a lot and have actually started using real paint for the first time. Maybe this weekend I'll have some time, or friday, but somehow I doubt it. Congrats on the magazine cover! You'll have to go into more detail about the project when you post it in your thread, can't wait. About the colors: Ladies listen up! Baby Blues and Pinks are amazing colors on women. And always thanks for the high-fives, it really keeps me going.
    @Sirithduriel: Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to know I'm improving. Experimenting is always a good thing. I think you'd profit from this tut though: Kudos go to CA.org's Prometheus|ANJ
    http://itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Man I feel pompous right now, back to schoolwork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. Just finished this piece here for a book. It's meant to be just black and white, but I'd like to see what you guys make of it with some colors. Please, have a go at it. (of course you can change the hair color)

Last edited by Zergaloth; September 2nd, 2005 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. I just browsed my hard disk for more linework.
    Here's some more. I've included some of my own coloring work as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I started off with Dave's "Blues" but quickly realized I didn't have the proper amount of energy and willpower to pull off all the complicated shapes and the lighting they would create. He's to next time!

It's a bit odd coming home from school where I've been learning a little about acrylics to come home and paint on the computer to unwind...

Anyways, I think I'm happy with the result. Though sometimes during the school year it seems I just can't pull anything off unless it's school work.

Thanks for the lines Dreln, great way to unwind.

It's really nice to see some new faces in here! Now get to coloring dammit!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dug some lines out from earlier:

Some lines of mine from a recent DSG. As far as I can tell, this doesn't break any rules, as it was recent, even though not especially created for this thread. I'm I'm wrong though, I'll be happy to remove it:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Apathy
    @Quick_Sketch: I'd love to give your lines a shot but I just can't make out what's going on with the face; I can't make up lighting etc if I don't understand the form. I dig the design and little details though, could be fun to paint.
    I'm honored that you'd like to paint my lines. I tried to make the creature wearing a mask, and have hair coming out of it, but was unsuccesful. The other people I showed this too also couldn't see what was going on so I redid it, hopefully you can get whats going on. I also fixed some things that were bugging me.

so heres the new version if your still up to coloring it:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    color him or be eaten by him

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because it needs saying every so often (and I think of all of us regulars to the thread, it's my turn to say it, if I recall correctly).

[QUOTE=Sammy]
    RULES:
    1) TRY NOT TO DUMP EVERY LINEWORK YOU'VE EVER DONE INTO THE THREAD AT ONCE.

2) ONLY POST IMAGES THAT WERE MEANT FOR THIS THREAD OR ARE RECENT(WITHIN THE PAST 2 WEEKS).

3) NO COPYRITED CHARACTERS OR FAN ART.

4) IT'S RUDE TO DUMP LINEWORK WITHOUT COLORING OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK.

5) PLEASE WATCH YOUR IMAGE SIZE(HEIGHT/WIDTH).

And I'll add one of my own:
    6) HAVE FUN!

The sketchbook thread!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man it sucks not having a computer at home
    SOON I SAY !!
    I guess it put me in the mood for a PURPLE DRAGON ...
    roar ...

nice lines SUH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Friends, it would be nice to see such elvish worrior having some color!
    I'm pretty new to this forum, so maybe, when I'm more skilled, I'll try to colorate yours, too.. cuz I know it's rude if I woudln't!
    plz excuse the bad paper...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been really quiet here lately ...
    dave.. any new lines ??

Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 76