Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2726
    Thanks
    okay you convinced me to be unlazy.

one two three POOOF, *unlazy!* (sort of)
    *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*

mmm that looks much better.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh YAY! Thanks for coloring that!

It was one in the morning, and for some reason I compelled to give her an animal coloration. This was what emerged..

Last edited by Sapphire; July 13th, 2005 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks
    henglong--Hey, no. It's all about practise isn't it?

IdiotApathy-- Yeah desk and a bookshelf! my scanner is just pure pants. and awwww fankyou

Thanks
    heres another daft sp, lol, this should be funny

Thanks
    Here you go Die, quick job for ya, now you can have your goat and milk it too...

I also had a go at this one, but I never really could get around to coloring it lol which is ironic seeing as how this is a "coloring book"...but anyways here ya go...

Enjoy
    Last edited by alex_86; July 13th, 2005 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks
    meDrawUC -> dude wow ...... just wow.....

Thanks
    dude wow ...... just wow.....
    Die, I couldn't have put it better myself.

I think it's just a bit too saturated though, in fact it's as saturated as my computer will show. You'll be able to show more detail and save the saturated colors for a more important "oompf" if you kick it down a notch. I hope this doesn't seem too bold but, I took it into painter and bumped the saturation down and quickly painted another layer on top of the most saturated layers to kind of illustrate what I'm trying to say.
    IdiotApathy- It's comments like this that hold an infinite amount of weight and value. Thanks a lot mate. I'm learning so much on my own, but it's other people's insight that I can really cash in. Appreciated

Thanks
    My take on shelldragon's drawing...

She's like the spirit of a dandilion... a bright, and unappreciated, spot in the vast, gray expanse of an urban city.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DieOxin
    meDrawUC -> dude wow ...... just wow.....
    Lol, glad you like em

Thanks
    Bloody Hell! This is a LOT to reply to! I’ll try my best, but invariably, with 4 pages to comment on, I’m going to miss some of you out, it’s nothing personal!

Henglong: That ‘random circle’ is the top of a beer glass! (The one below it is the bottom of the glass)

Idiot Apathy: Tom, I have to say that your work just keeps getting better and better. It’s got to the point now I’m saving every image of mine that you colour. You’re attempting some very complex lighting approaches and it’s paying off dividends.
    That second attempt you did of the ‘morning’ pencils is lovely. It’s so delicately handled it would look great on a greeting card. You totally fixed the breasts this time around too! I like the fact that you keep trying different styles too, like the one from my ‘naughty period’ for example (I didn’t even realise I had a naughty period! ) Don’t ever stop colouring man, you’re the soul of this thread recently!

7EleVEn: Try setting the lineart layer to multiply, make a new under underneath it and colour underneath the lines. It will stop you getting the gap around the lines.

Lock: Quite nice mate. It’s a touch oversaturated with red, maybe add some contrasting light to even things up? I’m sure it’d look kickass then!

DieOxin: Not bad buddy! I like the use of her face as a background. Her hair is pretty stylish too! Keep cranking out those excellent lines too mate, they pick up my slack when I’m busy! (We’re like a tag team!)

Groove Zombie: I like her t-shirt design! Markers are good fun, and a VERY quick way to colour something. I really need to start using mine again now that I think about it!

Lochnarus: “The hero of this thread”? I’m blushing! Cheers mate!
    I think the problem with your shadows is that it looks like you’re using ‘burn’ to get them. Try picking a darker version of the skin. If it’s too dark, you can always lower the opacity of the brush, which will also help building shadow/light levels too. Hope that helps!

Rebecca: Cool! I love the stripy leggings you gave her.

MeDrawUC: Good work. Be sure to let us all know when your website is up and running!

Everyone else: keep it up. I’ll try to reply a bit more frequently so that I can offer more useful advice than I have this time. And there will be some more lines from me soon! Have fun guys!
    The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Some sloppy lines from me today:
    I call it, Don't ask V2 . . . Evolved from random lines . . . still no excuse. . . I'm so sorry . . .

High Res ( Not really necessary, pretty sloppy. . . )
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k27/dfghgh.jpg
    Going to color it I think, so get a head start !

Edit: Or this one . . .
    High Res (Just for the hell of it)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...7/9302c335.jpg

Edit:
    This was kinda fun, some new ideas and some random crap too !
    Lighting is a bit off...

Well, tell me what you think !
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 18th, 2005 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks
    Cropped... sign of me being lazy. I started out all full of energy and now it's 2am and I have no energy so therefore, the pic is cropped, there are no textures and I made the chair white.

But anyway, anime girl at a desk from quite a few pages ago. Saw her and wanted to color her because I haven't really seen any anime at concept art.

This was the original:

I have new line art to add, this is in my sketchbook, someone make it beautiful please!

Last edited by Shelldragon; July 19th, 2005 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks
    was bored this evening whipped this up...about 1hr PS:CS

Thanks

Haaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Mad Will
    sketches

Thanks
    I know Dave posted this somewhere in here, but I just ganked it from his Sketchbook . . . because I'm lazy.
    Also can't remember if I posted other colors to these lines before, I know I've worked on it but can't remember if I finished.
    Went a little mad with the impasto I think . . .
    Tell me what you think !

@Shelldragon: I thought about doing those lines so many times but it just hurts to look at them, makes me so dizzy ! I think you did a good job, however the skintone matches the table too much for comfort. Keep up the good work !
    @Treeboy: I dig the glowing bits up until the eyes/ears/hair. There it becomes distracting and they seem to be more concentrated there. Good job with the reflected lighting on the legs and knees!
    @Mad Will: As one who is also plagued by ellipses I wanted to show you a few basic ground rules. This one should be pretty easy because it's dead centered on a flat plane.
    You have 2 axis a major and a minor, these cross in a straight line and bisect each other at 90degrees ( basically + ). The ellipse won't reach out further than either of the axis. Split down the center your axis's are equal on each side (A = A, B = B). Your Major Axis (A) is pretty good but (B) is a bit off. Next up is the front and back side; Divide the ellipse into 4 equal parts with the axis's and the back two parts should be equal (1=1) and the front two parts as well (2=2). It gets more complicated than that, but like I said I still have problems. The rules will stay the same you just need to determine which the proper angle of the axis's and which sides should be equal. Go read a book ! I'm a crappy teacher.

Edit: No sense in bumping sense I'm the only one here ...
    Found these lines in the Old Coloring Book: Was inspired to not only paint them but developed a new technique (several) on the way. Some amazing talent in the Old book. (But dead links make baby Jesus cry !).

Anyways, really surprised how this turned out ! I like it !
    See the original lines by artscreen : Page 6 of the Old Book

Right, tell me what you think !
    On a side note, do you think I should start a sketchbook where I could put all this stuff? Do you guys get good feedback there?

Edit Edit: Right, did this before I called it quits today, for Henglong: I call it, speechless.
    Right I'm done spamming for today; gunna go relax or something.
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 21st, 2005 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks

Idiot Apathy???

I'M CONFUSE...
    My english is terrible; i'm a idiot with numbers and geometric...but i'm happy with your learn my crappy teacher.
    Mad Will
    sketches

Thanks
    Hmm, lets see if Google's language translator is up to snuff:
    @Mad : Enquanto um quem é flagelado também por ellipses mim quis lhe mostrar algumas réguas à terra básicas. Este deve ser consideravelmente fácil porque é centrado absolutamente em um plano liso. Você tem a linha central 2 um principal e um menor, estes cruzam-se em uma linha reta e bisect em 90degrees (bàsicamente +). O ellipse não alcançará para fora mais adicional de do que tampouco da linha central. O split abaixo o centro sua linha central é igual em cada lado (A = A, B = B). Sua linha central principal (A) é boa bonito mas (B) é um bocado fora. Em seguida acima de está o lado dianteiro e traseiro; Divida o ellipse em 4 porções iguais com a linha central e as duas peças traseiras devem ser iguais (1=1) e as duas peças dianteiras também (2=2). Começa mais complicado do que aquele, mas como eu me disse ainda tem problemas. As réguas permanecerão o mesmo você necessidade justa determinar qual o ângulo apropriado da linha central e que lados devem ser iguais. Vá lêem um livro! Eu sou um professor crappy.

Probably just more confusing in Portuguese. Sorry for spamming the thread everyone !

Thanks
    New Lines! (Because I've been neglecting you recently! )

Feel free to take this wherever you want. I'd be quite interested to see what backgrounds this piece can inspire.

Have fun guys!
    The sketchbook thread!

Thanks

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Apathy
    Hmm, lets see if Google's language translator is up to snuff:
    @Mad : Enquanto um quem é flagelado também por ellipses mim quis lhe mostrar algumas réguas à terra básicas. Este deve ser consideravelmente fácil porque é centrado absolutamente em um plano liso. Você tem a linha central 2 um principal e um menor, estes cruzam-se em uma linha reta e bisect em 90degrees (bàsicamente +). O ellipse não alcançará para fora mais adicional de do que tampouco da linha central. O split abaixo o centro sua linha central é igual em cada lado (A = A, B = B). Sua linha central principal (A) é boa bonito mas (B) é um bocado fora. Em seguida acima de está o lado dianteiro e traseiro; Divida o ellipse em 4 porções iguais com a linha central e as duas peças traseiras devem ser iguais (1=1) e as duas peças dianteiras também (2=2). Começa mais complicado do que aquele, mas como eu me disse ainda tem problemas. As réguas permanecerão o mesmo você necessidade justa determinar qual o ângulo apropriado da linha central e que lados devem ser iguais. Vá lêem um livro! Eu sou um professor crappy.

Probably just more confusing in Portuguese. Sorry for spamming the thread everyone !
    I PUT THAT IN GOOGLE TOO, BUT THE TRANSLATION IT'S TERRIBLE, MANY WORDS "WRONG" (not right)
    I can understood (after a little time), thank you.

Now again in translation:
    While one who is also afflicted by ellipses me wanted to show some basic rulers to it to the land. This must consideravelmente be easy because it is centered absolutely in a smooth plan. You have central line 2 a main one and a minor, these cross in a line straight line and bisect in 90degrees (bàsicamente +). ellipse will not reach for is additional of of that neither of the central line. Split below the center its central line is equal in each side (=, B = B). Its main central line (a) is good pretty but (b) is a bit is. After that above of it is the front and back side; It divides ellipse in 4 equal portions with the central line and the two back parts also must be equal (1=1) and the two front parts (2=2). It starts more complicated of the one than that one, but as I still said myself it has problems. The rulers will the same remain you necessity joust to determine which the appropriate angle of the central line and that sides must be equal. It goes read a book! I am a professor crappy.
    Mad Will
    sketches

Thanks
    @Madwill: I'm glad it made some sense to you !
    I am a professor crappy.
    Best . Translation . Ever !
    Quote Originally Posted by DavetheOriginal
    New Lines! (Because I've been neglecting you recently! )
    Rub salt in the wound why don't ya !

Started off today (after work) with some quickies:
    Robot is from Dfinet on the old book Page 8
    @Dave: This lady is mean looking ! So I assumed you probably pissed her off . . .
    *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2**New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*
    I've been finding myself using pure white sometimes... never used to do that.

Spent some time on this one after those; he came out a bit flat I think, must be the cool lighting. It's from Brkofdon back on Page 15. This guy needs to get back in here I tells ya! I did a take on them way back then (Edit: A bloody year ago!) : Here I like some things about that one better.
    I like Impasto !
    Let me know what you think !

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks FWA, thought i'd seen the last of this little guy

I really like the total paint job you've done on him. The blue hightlights look especially nice!

Thanks
    even though no one except Sapphire colors my stuff, here's another show, it really could be more clean I suppose

Thanks
    Idiot Apathy: LOL!!!!! That cracked me up! Looks like my womanising is common knowledge *everywhere!*

What a cool image for my birthday!
    The sketchbook thread!

Thanks
    Here's a couple of lines that i'd love for someone to have a go at colouring

*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2* *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*
    Last edited by mull77; July 27th, 2005 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheOriginal
    Idiot Apathy: LOL!!!!! That cracked me up! Looks like my womanising is common knowledge *everywhere!*

What a cool image for my birthday!
    Ah Happy Birthday Dave ! I'll paint you a cake later !

Now then, new lines delicious new lines; maybe it's my birthday too . . .

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAND Cake ! Sorry... I had a piece on the way over. Hope you like chocolate.

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 27th, 2005 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks
    First time posting on this thread, since i'm pretty new to colouring and photoshop.

Idiot Apathy: The impasto pictures are gorgeous, and I love the shading on the cyborg!

FWA: Absolutely incredible!! *drool*

I used mull's incredible lineart. I realise I should have done a background, but I'm really really tired

Thanks
    I dunno, I kind of like it. Got a little tired and as you can tell didn't finish it, like half of it . . .
    Probably should have went for a simpler approach, something to complement these great lines.

Well, I learned somethings at least, there is always the next time , thanks Mull77! Oh, sorry I nuked the shotty, I didn't think I could draw the rest of it in, so instead I drew a crappy revolver.

@Spooky Tonberry: Thanks ! You put some great simple colors on that monster. The red on the weapon bugs me a bit though, doesn't seem to fit with the rest as much.

Thanks
    Wow, thanks guys! 2 great versions!

Spooky Tonberry: cool colour choices - he looks a bit of a swamp dweller now. I think Idiot Apathy got it right about the red though. I think it's you would expect something from the see to have more blues or greens than reds.

Idiot Apathy: Heh, that looks really nice.....she looks like something from a Russ Meyer flick. Valley of the dolls or something (if she was a little larger around the chest ) Great vibrant colours as well and don't worry about the gun, improvisations the name of the game!

Oh, and for some reason I really like the icing on that cake. Mmmmmmmm

I'll try and colour a few myself but it's 1:30 am here and i'm still working so it might not be in the next day or so.
    Last edited by mull77; July 27th, 2005 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks
    Ahhh, tired . . . my knuckles hurt . . . I've forgotten how to blink . . .

Worth it.

Possibly a breakthrough day. I started out again on these lines of mull77's and was getting frustrated again, decided to actually do some research this time and use some references for color. Boy did this lean me in the right direction. Learned a lot about color this time I think . . . well judge for yourselves but don't judge silently, tell me what you think !

Here's the original working size:
    I'd say probably around . . . 3 hours. Still couldn't get the shotgun to work. Ahh, now for some well earned sleep, Mull77, thanks for the lines mate !

Like I said before tell me what you think everyone !

Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast