Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2726
    Thanks
    Today's effort at being at least a little productive, a little sloppy but hey so am I...

*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*

@Rebecca, since you seem pretty serious about learning I'll try and critique a bit. Umm, if this girl were to stand up I think she'd be about 11 feet tall, most of this stems from not having a lap for the guitar to rest on I think, or rather that's the area where the problems lies. The body above and the body below the guitar actually look pretty good but they don't seem to match up well. The guitar's neck actually bends in spots and I'm no expert in guitars but it seems a bit off as well. ( I forgot to add strings... !). If your really looking for expert advice I'd make some posts for individual drawings every now and then, maybe some in progress as well. There are some great people here that will talk you through a lot if you are willing to learn and improve.

@Lock, no offense man, but that is a little scary.

@Henglong, looks good man ! I hope you haven't been working on that the whole time since your WIPs. $86 bucks for a tablet better than mine is worth it buddy. Btw, what's with the lens flare on the 8 ball?

Edit: Right so, I'm going to be laying low for awhile now, time to put down the tablet and raise up the pencil. Keep the lines coming so I have something to do when I get back (or get tired of pencil/run out of materials). Thanks !
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 5th, 2005 at 09:19 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @Idiot Apathy - I don't have the money for a tablet and no I didn't spend all that time between on the picture. It really wasn't an extreme amount of time. Just longer than I thought. You know more than eight hours. Also the lens flare was not supposed to be so bright. It wasn't even supposed to be a lens flare. I'll fix it and not repost. Just change the image.
    "enemy as the silent form of the gun-toting snarling Commander." - SPAM e-mail

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Henglong
    @Idiot Apathy - I don't have the money for a tablet and no I didn't spend all that time between on the picture. It really wasn't an extreme amount of time. Just longer than I thought. You know more than eight hours. Also the lens flare was not supposed to be so bright. It wasn't even supposed to be a lens flare. I'll fix it and not repost. Just change the image.
    8 hours is nothing if you learned from it! Man when I first started painting digitally with a mouse I would spend 20-30 hours on garbage, I learned very slowly at first. I never attempted those lines because I didn't have the stomach for all the detail and this is with a tablet.

Tablets aren't necessary really, it's just a time saver (sometimes a lot of time). Of course lots of people get them to avoid repetitive stress injury as well.

Anyways, keep up the good work and find some time for some more colors !
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 6th, 2005 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks
    Idiot Apathy: That painting is excellent, you've completely fleshed it out.

Later I'll give one of these a shot.
    Portfolio and website coming soon!

Thanks

Actual Line Art!

Here is a Lil' Guy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lochnarus
    Idiot Apathy: That painting is excellent, you've completely fleshed it out.

Later I'll give one of these a shot.
    Wow, thanks... didn't expect much out of it, I spent a little more time post-production than usual though. That's where the tweaked colorscheme and glows came from.
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 6th, 2005 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks
    Idiot Apathy woaw I can't believe what a good job youv'e done there! I think it looks good "sloppy" and the effects you've made with the water are just brilliant. thanks for the critique, and I am sooo soo greatfull that you can help me. yeah, I'm no expert in guitars either and I will be posting soem wip soon, Hope to see ya reply there, you comments are really helpfull.

ciao 8)
    Last edited by RMulhearne; July 6th, 2005 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks
    I tried hard on this one, thanks to Idiot Apathy for his (or her) critique. I didn't use black or white in this for highlights, (except on the hair) I spent about an hour on this, I should have added a bit more contrast to the face. but here we go:

I Managed to get the shadow of (her) left foot prefect, but I am unhappy with the shadow of the other one, I think teh heel is too far away from the rest of the foot. I used an old ball mouse for this, ^__^ quite proud of that.

Thanks
    rebecca, that newest one looks pretty good, a vast imporvement over the other girl that you colored. i agree with you on the right heel, it looks a little far back, but it sounds like you already have a handle on that. awesome!

Thanks
    thanks dose206

so then i tried to make it more interesting, although i think i went a bit too far with the lights.

i tried

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca
    i think i went a bit too far with the lights.
    Maybe just a little . The yellow light interferes with your actual light that was already placed on the figure. The neon blue light is good in color but a little inconsistent in form. I've never been a big fan of the over the top neon reflected lighting but it will definetly help in learning about reflected lighting.

Keep up the good work everyone, I'm going to go noodle around with a pencil again, peace.

Thanks
    Thanks Idiot lol

Heres a self portrait, would love to see this coloured.

and a woman drowning:

hope you enjoy

Thanks

LaQuesha: Queen of the Sofa

Here she is boys and girls. Have your way with her.

Here's a set of lines from a mister Jim Parks. Thanks, man, I had a blast. Does anybody want to attempt a backround?

BTW, I'm amazed at the way Idiot Apathy's rendition of Rebecca's lines came out. Bad-ass!
    Last edited by Odiferous Welp; July 8th, 2005 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Idiot lol

Heres a self portrait, would love to see this coloured.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...elfportrit.gif

hope you enjoy
    I do enjoy it, quite alot. I'll try my best to add colour to it, but I am afraid I'd dirty the essence with my paltry skills, lol, but I sort of see it as a misty, vague part of a dream wherre the image is there, but only ever-so-slightly. This is the next one I will do for damn sure. Excellent line art.
    Portfolio and website coming soon!

Thanks
    Heres one of my personal favorite characters. I call him G-Man. This is one of him going completely insane. I'd like to see how people color him This one should be fun?

Thanks
    Here is one I re-painted, and modified a bit.. (Is that allowed?) Anyway Im very new to photoshop so dont be too harzh on me..
    Well your supose to learn and get better right?

Thanks
    Here is lil'Tao's Dragon done in Photoshop
    Took about two hours. I've done very few colorings in Photoshop may be why it took so long.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
    Last edited by bengonzalez; July 10th, 2005 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    Here's one that I would like to see in color. It's a mage in the middle of casting a vain (flashy) spell.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Thanks
    Ah, coloring book how I've missed thee.
    First off thank you all for the kind words regarding Rebecca's angel I colored. I was really surprised that it was so well received !

Ok, now for the time I've missed:

@Rebecca: A woman drowning ?! "Hope you enjoy" ?!
    @Odiferous Welp: I'm pretty impressed with what you did on that ogre. Really great tonal range and hue shifts added to a good sense of lighting. I think it's just a bit too saturated though, in fact it's as saturated as my computer will show. You'll be able to show more detail and save the saturated colors for a more important "oompf" if you kick it down a notch. I hope this doesn't seem too bold but, I took it into painter and bumped the saturation down and quickly painted another layer on top of the most saturated layers to kind of illustrate what I'm trying to say. Also keep in mind some reflected light in the darkest areas, I think you should still be able to see the entire form, unless of course you only had one lightsource in the enviroment. You should have finished and done the loincloth !

@Deathwish:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish
    Here is one I re-painted, and modified a bit.. (Is that allowed?)
    Aye, I imagine that it's allowed, but I don't remember seeing the lines for this one, submit them if you can!

@bengonzalez : AIEE ! It hurts to look at your lines, no I think they are quite good it's just it feels like he is going to poke me in the eye. I want to see it painted where everything but that hand is like a picture and the hand is coming out to poke you...

Right, hope my rambling and crappy advice made some sense.
    ----

Ok, Rebecca, these lines defeated me about 7 or 8 times until I gave up for a couple of days. Really couldn't figure out what the problem was, it was like I had lost it all. Perhaps it's because they're a tad bit more realistic than I'm used to. So after some thought and reading some interesting painting books I came back after waking up today a spent some time on this. I still couldn't agree more with what Lochnarus said. Anyways, 2-3 hours later . . .

Here's hoping it looks like you :

EDIT: Photobucket was down for a bit, I felt like painting but didn't have any lines to fiddle with, so I fiddled with this some more. New version up, old version on link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...July112005.jpg <--Old version

I thought I saw water again. Am I crazy or did you draw water in this pic? The lips feel a little bit off from the rest of the face to me especially if you flip the lines horizontally. Anyways, thanks a bundle. This was a great learning experience and I'm quite proud of the result, I consider it one of the best I've done. I even signed it, I don't sign squat.

EDIT: Doh ! I didn't reflect any of the light coming off of the water onto her... wonder how that would have looked. ... and the bottom of the neck is a bit weird... sweater should be in shadow... EDIT: I fixed some of this...
    Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 12th, 2005 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    I'm going to color some of these lovlies, in the meantime:
    sorry they are messy

Thanks
    IdiotApathy LOL i didn't even notice I said that, thanks for pointing that out, I watch the next time!!

well, you've got the hair right, but the skin is too tanned looking, and lips look a bit bigger LOL!! I have pale skin, usually darker lips naturally oh, and I have blue eyes.....and my hair is kinda curlier! omg what am I like !!!! but apart from that, good colouring!! I really like the water youve added, it looks so peacefull. I have learned how to paint water thanks to you!!

Deathwish cool, yeah modifyings allowed, but I suppose thats up to the owner of the linework. but good colouring, you might want to pay a bit more attention the eyelids etc. but good Ideas, (I'm glad I don't look like that LOL)

Thanks
    quickie color with crappie 'filtered to death' background. Mr gray pirate otter! -because he's so cute and pirates are awesome.

Thanks

I am having trouble putting contrast to the skin without messing up the colour. The stripes were fooking hard, and the boots were hard to do.

Thanks
    the boots and the legs look really good actually, hm and I think you should continue the shadowtone you have on her hand for the rest of the skin (If that makes any sense)

Thanks
    well, you've got the hair right, but the skin is too tanned looking, and lips look a bit bigger LOL!! I have pale skin, usually darker lips naturally oh, and I have blue eyes.....and my hair is kinda curlier! omg what am I like !!!! but apart from that, good colouring!! I really like the water youve added, it looks so peacefull. I have learned how to paint water thanks to you!!
    @Rebecca
    Sonuva, o' well you can only hope for so much without being psychic. Water... I ... added ? CRAP ! I am seeing things, swore I saw water ripples in the lines...

In your latest the stripes and boots are my favorite part ! The seat is also pretty cool. Skintones are tough, very very tough. A good thing to remember is skin usually changes hues as it gets lighter or darker. Think warmer colors for lighter and cooler colors for darker, don't push it that much. Keep in mind this is how it works only in some situations. I think you have good values for each area, the skin is a bit highkey but it still works with the others.

@Shelldragon
    I think the coloring for the otter is really good, but filters on anything are bad ! It detracts from the hard work you put into the otter.

Thanks
    IDIOTAPATHY Heh heh, don't worry about and, you were pretty close any way, only you made me look so much prettier!!!! and dont worry, it was actually my bookcase you were seeing, and my scanner is being gay. lol. thanks again for colouring my sp.

thats good advice on the skin tones. I shall practice that in my next piece.

DeathWish
    heee ^_^ thanks. and you did make sense!

Thanks
    Idiot Apathy: hard work? hahah... nah, this junk coloring was anything but hard work. Plus it was three in the morning, I suck at backgrounds and I'm lazy. weeee. Someone can change the bg if they want.

Thanks
    Here is Rebecca's selfportrait. I hope that she doesn't get upset about it. I look at what I did and laugh every time. I just wanted to see what would happen if I just used the lasso and eight colors.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelldragon
    Idiot Apathy: hard work? hahah... nah, this junk coloring was anything but hard work. Plus it was three in the morning, I suck at backgrounds and I'm lazy. weeee. Someone can change the bg if they want.
    , hehe. Try just a plain dull color that is either complementary or analogous.

@Henglong: I like it ! The colors came out really great. Working with a limited palette will teach you a lot... I should do that more. It looks a bit different than the lines, not sure if it's more or less correct. I think it's the high bridge nose and narrower cheeks.

@Rebecca: A bookcase?! Prettier?! Don't be so hard on yourself !

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast