*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2* - Page 61
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2727

Thread: *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loch: Ahhh, I see then. Hey there's no prob as far as I'm concerned if the owner has it up for that reason, and since you gave him credit and all. Also, I have a question... did you color your last two pieces with green skin intentionally, or is your moniter messed up? The first one I could see her maybe being some other species or something and the green didn't bother me, but that last one seems odd with green skin. Dunno... either it was intentional, or you might want to mess with the color settings.

I'll put up some lines at some point... I hope.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DieOxin
    Anyways .. IdiotApathy -> really love how you rendered the purple top .. what program do you use .. and type of brush ...
    P.S. -> IdiotApathy .. thanks for the tutorial on the coloring ...
    Thanks ! Been using Painter IX lately, a really great upgrade from the last version. However it's not really necessary... Just faster and has new "Artist Brush" brush group.

Starting on the last lines you submitted I've been experimenting with Painter's Digital WaterColors. It's putting out a real nice clean color yet somehow just gritty enough to blend together nicely.

Oh, and be sure and pass the tut along when you see someone it could help.

Anyways, relaxing after work; Thanks for more lines.

Didn't do much "post-production" on this one at all, was nice. Colors came out well and so did the values. Skin may be a tad yellow... was aiming for a pleasing color palette.

C&C Greatly appreciated !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome lines by Teyekanik; best I could do; very intimidating too...

Should have spent longer, damn Painter dryed out my digital watercolor for some reason.. GRRR !

I went a little, mental on the colors... well at least experimental.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MY FIRST IMG POST im lovin all the great colorists in here. unfortunately im still lackin in that area alot. hope someone can bless this little sketch with some colors

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58499

"And just know i chose my own fate,
    I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"
    Jay-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyyy, congrats ! This is a great thread, make yourself at home.

Was some good early morning practice (I slept in...), I went with just the profile of your lines, one because I liked it and two because I was just a little confused by the anatomy and what was going where from that point down. (I think his arms are broken too...)

Anyways, about an hour. It's kind of interesting how simplistic something can be if you get the shapes right (or sort of right, I messed a bit up I think.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the colors, they look great. And i really appreciate the honest crits you pointed out. I was hopin CA would help me see (the many) mistakes i missed.

More resent stuff coming soon. Again, thnx.

Jay-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Groove Zombie
    Loch: Ahhh, I see then. Hey there's no prob as far as Also, I have a question... did you color your last two pieces with green skin intentionally, or is your moniter messed up? The first one I could see her maybe being some other species or something and the green didn't bother me, but that last one seems odd with green skin. Dunno... either it was intentional, or you might want to mess with the color settings.

I'll put up some lines at some point... I hope.

LOL, you're absolutely right. Given the fact that my monitor was bought in 1996, and it flickers every now & then...I would dare to say that it could contribute to my color defficiency. But, that's probably a cop-out in the eyes of the GP. The female with the blue dress that I did was intentionally green, but the rest, well...yeah, it's probably mine own eyes that need work, hehe. I use a pallette for skin that I found on the internet, so maybe that is the culprit, maybe not.

Portfolio and website coming soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keen kids!
    everyone seems to be getting better. though i figure that i should colour more than i submit, im submitting another one. COLON( : )

(its a dragon!)

the affore mentioned is completely false and should not be taken litterally. the views expressed by lil'Tao are not nessesarily the views of me or anyone else living, dead or undead. this has been a paid for advertisement for the fat trapper

skmetch boot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lochnarus:
    Ran across this thread today and thought of you; here's hoping your not partially color blind like these guys, and if you are; they talk about ways around it.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...345#post521345

@Rebecca
    Looking good! You've got a good sense of lighting and there are some nice touches you've added there. However, I'd recommend staying away from using white and black for your tints and shades. Here is a great tut written by our own Prometheus|ANJ that I recommend almost daily it seems:

http://itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    attaya and DieOxin: Keep the lines coming plz!
    Idiot: Always rocking the house. You did a really nice job on Sw!tch's lines. The face coloring looks fantasic.

attaya's Psy Heros:

C&C, paintovers, and crude verbal assaults are always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Spacey; Hey thanks ! I put a good amount of thought into those colors to get them to appeal to the eye. Glad to see it paid off even a little bit . You've got guts doing the pic you just did. I've tried that one a few times and have failed miserably. So congrats ! Their uniforms are especially well done. Only thing I really notice is where you added a little of the yellow light to the blueish parts on the uniforms, turned out too green. I suppose if you had desaturated it a bit it would work better?

This next one is from DavetheOriginal's naughty period I think; it's WAY WAY back on Page 12 more than a year ago ! ; gawd should have written it down the first time, hard to find. I was enjoying the nostalgia; aheh check out my first post in this thread: Here

Anyways; Not safe for work/school etc

Went a little painterly... and sloppy ! hehe.

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 1st, 2005 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, this is the colored version that i did in painter 9 awhile ago.... the lines are on page 30, i believe. maybe someone else would like to give it a shot? awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colored two of Mr. Jeff's awesome robots from his march of a thousand robots sketch thread
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29812

any crits ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really enjoy the colors and contrast you have going on in the first one. Lighting seems well done, however everything is just over the line for being washed out, you've lost some great details from the original lines. You've lost some in the extreme shadows as well. But it's the details of the face that I miss the most.

On the second one I think the red is too powerful for the other colors that are going on, you have a bright red robot without a clear lightsource in an extremely muddy room with the rest of it being in muddy colors. However I like the colors in concept.

Maybe I'm just a stickler but I think you probably should have asked MrJeff before you posted these...

Anyways you guys should follow the link to the 1000 Robots, it's an amazing project with some real great concepts, genius I tells ya.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Can any of you kind folks suggest a coloring program good for beginners but still provides enough to make pretty good results? Im really motivated 2 learn 2 color after seein this thread so any advise would be appreciated.

Note: advise on a good and simple digital tablet would be great as well.

Jay-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sw!tch, I just baought some generic 5 dollar software and it's already teaching me a whole lot. But don't judge my progress by what I post.....please.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw!tch
    Can any of you kind folks suggest a coloring program good for beginners but still provides enough to make pretty good results? Im really motivated 2 learn 2 color after seein this thread so any advise would be appreciated.

Note: advise on a good and simple digital tablet would be great as well.

Try downloading open canvas 1.0 (it's free) its amazing!! if you gimme your email i'll mail it to you

for around $150 you can get a 4x5 graphire tablet it's good for starting

DarkMana

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pricewatch has the Graphire3 4x5 for 83$ that's with shipping. I have the Graphire2 4x5, never really felt the need for anything bigger.
    http://www.pricewatch.com/default.as...2%26a%3D117934

Corel Painter 9.0 (My program of choice) is 98$ (I've seen cheaper but they seem like scams) for the educational version (same exact program as the pro at $429 dollars, you just aren't supposed to use it professionally and will have to show proof of enrollment).
    http://www.educational-software.com/...e-details.html
    I've never shopped through those guys but you should be able to find the educational version elsewhere for same price.

Go here for a Painter 9.0 Trial:
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...wnloads/Trials

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the response. It's really appreciated.

BTW,possessed i love the bright colors in the first pic
    AND Odiferous, i like the textured effect you colored the clothes with on that big guy. great picture.

Anyway, since im up, may as well post this little late night wip for all those feinin' for colorin.

what can i say, i like hoodies!

Jay-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Apathy
    @Lochnarus:
    Ran across this thread today and thought of you; here's hoping your not partially color blind like these guys, and if you are; they talk about ways around it.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...345#post521345

Unfortunately you have stumbled upon my condition. I have R/G Defficiency. That's one of the reasons I carry a skin palette like an American Express card. Still doesn't help sometimes. I'm climbing uphill, as it were.

Forgot who's lines these belong to, I think it was on the previous page.

Portfolio and website coming soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lochnarus
    Unfortunately you have stumbled upon my condition. I have R/G Defficiency. That's one of the reasons I carry a skin palette like an American Express card. Still doesn't help sometimes. I'm climbing uphill, as it were.
    Sorry mate, I feel for ya. Don't let it get you down I'm sure you'll work past it. Not sure what program you use but I'd recommend one with a full-on color wheel, it might help a bit.

On your current color, the dragon-thing; I think you did a pretty good job, especially on making it feel furry. Something I've recently found out as really helpful in making something realistic is picking a definite lightsource, think about what you want to show off most, and what shouldn't be lost and work around that. It actually makes the process of coloring quicker somehow.

- - - -

Ok, I found this while I was rummaging around in this thread the other day: Check it out in all it's glory on Page 4:
    Thanks go to leviathan for the lines.

Can't say I'm all that happy with how this turned out, gawd does she look manly... I guess it is wonder woman though...

@Sw!tch: I see a large amount of artifacting when I go to blow up your lines to color, I think you could afford a little less compression, 17kb for chrissakes! Takes all of my photoshop knowledge to clean it up proper.

Edit: Oh, and you bastard ! (I imagine this sounds harsh but hey at 3 in the morning what do you expect). You threw me a curveball I couldn't resist. Just as I thought I had gotten the hang of caucasian skintones you introduce African skintones... aieeeee! Let's see what I can do before I pass out and go to sleep. (I think what I really mean to say is thanks for more lines and the challenge!)

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; July 3rd, 2005 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, my previous post has kind of grown on me. Left arm is crap though...

Anyways, so tired... here's what I got sort of finished. Still struggling with the other parts, tried a couple different things. Still need to figure out how colors are on clothing I 'spose. I like how the skintone turned out however... so half failure for this for now, we'll see tomorrow if this is a work in progress or just plain abandoned failure...

Anyways, my head hurts and I think I forgot how to blink, good night !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ooops

Srry bout that. Next time around Ill definately try 2 keep that in mind.

Still, i 2 like how the skintone turned out and also the lighting on the hair. Same for the Wonder Woman also.

lochnarus srry 2 hear about ur ummmm, condition. but, were theres a will, theres a way. and by the looks of that dragon im sure your art wont suffer 2 much. Nice Job

Jay-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all, lots of good stuff on here. i broke down and bought painter 9 online for my laptop, but i'm not a student and no way to fake the proof of enrollment so i had to pay the full price. ah well, it's worth it. here's a dragon, i think it was on one of the last few pages. please crit, but also please remember that i'm using a mousepad to do this. awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay crits!
    Lizkay
    i dig the colours, they work very well together. i would keep from adding too much of those red dashes... i know you are trying to reflect red light, but they look kind of slapped on. but the rest looks great.
    Dose 206
    i like the fabric texture on the cloth, it looks excellent, however the pic is very very dark and undefined. you could realy benafit from a rim light, or any light source to create cast shadows.

the affore mentioned is completely false and should not be taken litterally. the views expressed by lil'Tao are not nessesarily the views of me or anyone else living, dead or undead. this has been a paid for advertisement for the fat trapper

skmetch boot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    digital painting is a hard angry riddle maker ..
    scrapped a whole bunch of digitial stuff that I was doing ..
    i shall post a few colours in a bit .. but here's some line for people ..

I really should get some colours posted ..
    a beef patty for now is essential ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

unhappy with her shoulder in this one

she is supposed to have scraped her knees in this one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally had time to work on the coloring that I was doing. here is the finished product.

(Update: 8 Ball fix)

I didn't think that it would take so long to do with a mouse.

(Update: Link)
    Link to original post.

Orignal Line Art

Last edited by Henglong; July 8th, 2005 at 07:24 PM.

Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 75