Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2726
    Thanks
    "I've got two guns, one for each of ya..." I love Tombstone, and as soon as I saw these lines by needlehead puppet I had to color them, I have alot to learn about coloring i know, but I had fun doing it, c+c welcome, and please someone take a stab at my prior posting
    *New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*
    great lines as always needle, and thanks for the coloring on my girl

juice, i got enough to go around...
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, thats great...you catched the right mood. That makes the piece impressive, thanks. Great comment "i´ve got two guns,...".

NP, with that girl...should i do some more? Really i have to learn much about coloring, because i do it very seldom.
    Klick on ME!!! iam a link to my pics!

Remember the Needle in your Head, it hurts but kicks zu alive!

www.newquest.de

Thanks
    such a cool pic! love the mood. hott!
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    thanks needle, but i can't take credit for the quote it's from a movie called "tombstone" you must see it, very well done.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    TIME will show...
    Klick on ME!!! iam a link to my pics!

Remember the Needle in your Head, it hurts but kicks zu alive!

www.newquest.de

Thanks
    havent been here in a while, great stuff going on.
    anyway a quick sketch if anyones interested

Thanks
    some wips i've been working on...c+c please.

which is better? i work very saturated and am trying to look at this objectively...havent touched the face or hands yet, and i need to add the extreme highlights and reflective light,but i think it's a good start.
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    audioslavekane - lay off the filters and stop using the airbrush tool. worry more about value and color. the linework is so thin that you have to use the color to define the figure.

Thanks
    thanks amish, to tell you the truth i really dont use filters much at all, but the crack filter felt right, i should have hand applied the effect i know, it's a 30 min coloring so i took the easy way out... i'm really not the most experienced colorist (like you couldn't tell), so this is a lesson in the process. just goofing around.
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by audioslavekane
    some wips i've been working on...c+c please.

Images are Above

which is better? i work very saturated and am trying to look at this objectively...havent touched the face or hands yet, and i need to add the extreme highlights and reflective light,but i think it's a good start.

My two cents: I am in no way trying to be mean, ignore me if it comes out so... man critiquing is dangerous work.

Some really nice texturing, so kudos on that.

However it doesn't seem to fit well with the form of the creature. Flip it into grayscale and you can see a little better what I mean. It doesn't seem to really have a lightsource, more like a just overall diffused light (light everywhere). That doesn't make for the best composition if you know what I mean.

Also in grayscale you will notice that your values are pretty close to each other and that most of the "difference" in the skin is by color. Try to add some contrast.

Also, I would nuke the background, it draws too much attention away from the background. Or at least tone down the contrast on the cracks a lot ! Stay away from most if not all filters, they are bad for your image figuratively and literally.

Something I'd try compositionally if I were you is to give a little more room on the right and off center your subject. This will make it "feel" a little better, like he is looking at something instead of his "gaze" just running off the page. I wouldn't add too much though.

Cheers, I hope I've said something productive in this ramble...

Edit: Btw, I like the subject in the second one better.

Thanks
    apathy...great critique. to address some of your "ramblings" this isn't my image so i didnt re-center the subject, but i do agree that if it were slightly off to the right it would give a sense of space and that it was looking at something. i wanted to leave the lines as is you know? the background was more or less me f'ing around and rushing an idea i had, so i used filters. my bad, i do have a saturation problem when i color, this i realize, never thought of greysclaing a pic to determine values, pretty simple diagnosis too, it's funny how when i draw in graphite or ink i always transfer my reference to b+w to determine values,but i never carried that over to my digital work. thanks. i really am a complete novice when i color, just a guessing game for me, so i'm always learning. thanks for not being too harsh, very constructive criticism.
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    figured i'd jump in on this one too, REALLY trying to get better at coloring, i hope there isn't a rule against coloring too many pics. let me know if i'm getting better or do i just suck altogether?he seemed like a recently turned demon, so i tried to give the illusion on the side of his face like he was a corpse who was lying on the side of his face and the blood had coagulated and caused the "honeycomb effect" then some old dried blood on his face for good measure. i also tried to choose a lightsource in this one too, i've had problems with that lately, among other things...for some reason i really like the chin.
    if i'm posting too much...SOMEBODY STOP ME. i realize this is not my own personal learning thread
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks

Wasp first one/the second comming soon

hey
    BUZZU
    i colored your portraitdrawings i hope you like it

step.1*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*step.2*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*step.3*New Media Coloring Book Vol. 2*

Member: Team Insect Battle X-Treme (Wasp Brigade - 83rd Airborne Glow-Wing Platoon(devision/Krautland)
    Last edited by matesch; February 24th, 2005 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
    What a very cool idea this is!

Go and color this!

sorry for the lowres tumbnail. click on thumb for the (very)large version.

Thanks
    matesch: hope you like

Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast