Sketchbook: Nocks - A comic idea I want crits on. On going sketch updates.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Nocks - A comic idea I want crits on. On going sketch updates.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Nocks - A comic idea I want crits on. On going sketch updates.

For years I've had different art ideas that I consider good or unique. The later half of this month I started combining those ideas into comic story form. Now, before you say, draw from life, keep your chin up and practice, I hear that enough. It even bears repeating. I want people with comics knowledge to approach the pages and art I post. At least I think that would be helpful. Anyone is of course welcome to comment regardless.

Page 1 and Page 2 WIP

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on starting a sketchbook.

It seems like you're not giving enough room for the art. There's a lot of text that's hogging the panels, and there's too many panels in each page. Try to keep it under 6 panels a page if there's a lot of text. Maybe even fewer. I would suggest not going more than 3 panels vertically, and not more than 3 panels horizontally.
    There's also not a good sense of where the characters are, what exactly they are doing, and weird jumps from panel to panel. The art seems rushed.

Also, is this for web, or print?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    Congrats on starting a sketchbook.

It seems like you're not giving enough room for the art. There's a lot of text that's hogging the panels, and there's too many panels in each page. Try to keep it under 6 panels a page if there's a lot of text. Maybe even fewer. I would suggest not going more than 3 panels vertically, and not more than 3 panels horizontally.
    There's also not a good sense of where the characters are, what exactly they are doing, and weird jumps from panel to panel. The art seems rushed.

Also, is this for web, or print?
    Yay comments, but under 6 panels per page? What kind of limits do you place on comics? Comics don't have limits. I appreciate your suggestion, but I feel it's fine how it is. The art does seem rushed yes. There isn't a good sense of where the characters are, yes. I hope to do something about that in the coming pages. I'm going to progress with this and see where it takes me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Savick View Post
    Yay comments, but under 6 panels per page? What kind of limits do you place on comics? Comics don't have limits. I appreciate your suggestion, but I feel it's fine how it is. The art does seem rushed yes. There isn't a good sense of where the characters are, yes. I hope to do something about that in the coming pages. I'm going to progress with this and see where it takes me.
    Well, it doesn't have to be 6 panels per page. 9 panels is something I've done, but it looked squashed. Especially under certain page sizes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Self Portrait I did today.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.