Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

exon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Greetings, fellow inhabitants of conceptart.org

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Amit, I'm 17 years old and I'm from the United Kingdom. I'm new here, well not exactly, I've been skulking around on this site for around 2-3 years never really thought seriously about creating my own sketchbook until now. This thread will act as my personal archive, with all of the ups and downs from the beginning of my journey right through the end. I really should have done this along time ago, but they no use to lament over lost time, it looks like I've got alot of time to atone.

During my time on this site, I've seen alot of work and dedication from professionals and self-taught artist alike, and it extremely inspiring. I to, would like to reach my dreams and goals. I always had a habit of making sketches and scraps, you know the usual stuff, like doodles and graffiti. I've only started taking art seriously over the past six months, drawing at home, drawing during lessons, drawing during bustrips, drawing during lunchbreaks, just whenever I can really.

Which pretty much explains my presence here, in time I hope to improve my craftmanship and also my imagination. I'll appreciate every critique, advice and comment that I'll recieve.
    Thank you CA.

I'll try to update as often I can,
    well, here I go.

Heres some pages of 30 second poses I did off posemaniacs, suffering from poor proportions. I've spent the summer going through the human body briefy, from the superfical muscle layer to the bone.

exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Also a value study I did, well it isn't exactly complete. Got to get out of the habit of blending/smudging, whatever you want to call that method it. My pencil rendering definitely needs way more practice.

Last edited by Exon-Ion; February 2nd, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Exon-Ion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    great blending on the value study , i still cant get smooth blends like that with my pencil stuff, would love to see it finished good stuff

Blog

Thanks
    stormrider85, thanks, I still need to work on that, can't seem to get a smooth graduation without the aid of blending materials.

Well, heres some more 30 second poses and a few pages of value studies.

exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Last edited by Exon-Ion; March 1st, 2010 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    the values and blending on the last skull studies seem right, what pencils are you using because it looks like your using some light then something really dark, id suggest using some H pencils with even pressure then going from like a 4h to a 3-2h then layering over to get nice smoother blends.

keep the studies going

Blog

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stormrider85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    stormrider85, yeah your right, I used a 4B then jumped to 2B without varying the pressure, impatience got the better of me, and thanks for your tip, I'll try that.

Today's stuff, some more 30 sec's and pressing on with Bridgeman studies.

exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Thanks
    Nice to see another 30-seconds-drawer
    Thanks for commenting at my sketchbook
    Great studies so far and great shading! I really like your drawing style.

Take a look at...
    My Sketchbook .-~-. My Blog .-~-. Silwynar´s Sketchbook

Thanks
    Very nice studies and gestures. The sheer number of them and how much you've improved over the course of them at capturing the forms speaks volumes to your dedication.

Thanks
    Agarwaen, When I started them, 30 second poses, they were quite a bore, but once you get going you just cant stop, and thanks.

Scimok, Thanks man, it really means a lot.

So I moved on to doing 60 second poses, much easier than those 30 secs, still struggling on capturing the form quickly, but eh', they were fun.
    exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Some more anatomy studies
    exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest
    exon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquestexon's fruity perilous badass conquest

Last edited by Exon-Ion; February 2nd, 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my SB The Exon. Excellent effort with the posemaniacs sketches and the anatomy studies are coming along nicely. Keep pushing yourself my friend!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    great start for your sketchbook dude
    i started out with graffiti aswell, dont do much any more though
    just keep at it man it all looks promising
    looking forward to seeing your progression
    have a good one
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Turbosnail, Thanks my friend.

OmertA, Thanks for visting, I still do practice graffiti every now and then, Its a another completley different form of art, its another dimension of art in which I want to get fluent in too.

Haven't posted in a while, knee deep in school work and stuff.

It's not gona stop me though.

Some anatomy studies and stuff. Trying to focus on line quality.

Last edited by Exon-Ion; August 14th, 2010 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Cool stuff here. I see you are working hard. Keep it up.

Post some more Bridgman, you do some really nice studies of them.

Thanks for the post on my sketchbook, it's really appreciated.

Thanks
    One advice that may help you to make these studies more interesting.Try different pressure when you draw lines and not always the same thickness.Experiment with different kind of lines and different ways to draw a lines.Keep up with hard work.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1