Call for artists, demons, power armor
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Call for artists, demons, power armor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Call for artists, demons, power armor

Greetings,

#1: I am looking for pictures of Demons (fallen angels). All the demons should be original and augmented with cybernetics.

#2: I am looking for Power Armor for legionnaires (genetically bred super soldiers). The legionnaires all average 6'5 and are very muscular and large. they are not clones, but are bred in vats. they each look different. Legionnaires also carry a Chainsword (a chainsaw shaped as a sword).

#3: Double barreled, energy weapon with a small belt of energy cells hanging from the side. The shots fired look like thick beams of white brilliance. the weapon should be rather bulky and has a grenade launcher attached. this weapon is used by Legionnaires.

No need to email me with desire to be hired, just send artwork based on the above three assignments and the best will be chosen. Send artwork to
    billionaireroc@gmail.com

For each page of artwork, I will pay 50 dollars. You MUST, however, be willing to sign a contract selling copyrights to me.

If artwork is accepted, you will be required to sign a contract, selling copyright to me.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaireroc View Post
    Greetings,

No need to email me with desire to be hired, just send artwork based on the above three assignments and the best will be chosen.

For each page of artwork, I will pay 50 dollars. You MUST, however, be willing to sign a contract selling copyrights to me.

If artwork is accepted, you will be required to sign a contract, selling copyright to me.

Haha! Good joke. No self respecting artist will do spec work like this, sir. Can you seriously expect an artist to spend who knows how many hours on a project like this for just the chance of earning a mere fifty bucks a pop?

You might want to do a little more research into fair pricing before you post again.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sublimus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, for $50?

would you do this for $50 ? ask yourself before you embarrass yourself next time.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m.v.studio098 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not just woefully underpaid spec work, but woefully underpaid work made for hire spec work.

Love how cheap and sleazy a self-described billionaire can be. . . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can this guy afford a couch?

Because he needs to go fuck his before asking $50 to sign away all rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzmjGJeBJg

Although, at $50 a page, maybe I'll stick together about 50 pages and draw on 'em. That'll net me $2500 a drawing.

Yay!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah.. really. lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a note dear fellow artists.
    the client offered a price is it fair for you or not.
    if you don`t like it, don`t apply for it or send any artworks.
    BUT please!
    if you are saying to a client that he can go fuck himself, then its possible that other clients would also see your comment - and to be honest I don`t think its the best for this forum and the whole community.
    cut the BS and please try to act like a professional! if you have any problems, you can still send a PM to the client.
    just my 2cents...
    thanks!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr. m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While I understand your attitude, I must emphatically point out I said he could go fuck his couch, not himself. World of difference.

And on a more serious note, yes, other potential clients could see my comments, and reading the thread, would see that my response was on a par with the joke of the original offer.

If you were to talk to me directly about this, you'd know that I'm totally serious about my response because I'm totally passionate about what I do, and about the way artists are treated like disposable lighters. Or like economic slaves when it comes to hiring non-American artists (a whole other topic).

Sign a contract, give up my intellectual rights to three original piece of work, done on spec, IF it gets picked, for $50 apiece.

THAT is unprofessional, and SHOULD be mocked openly, so everyone - including the original poster - understands what the professional methods of selecting and paying an artist is.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with tdet, sublimus & rpace,
    He is not a pro himself, that is an insult to me and all decent artists.
    we worked way too hard to be given and insulted this way. They shouldn't even post if they are too cheap to get decent art. If you have not budgeted your project
    well, then you are not serious to see your project through, period.
    Who will let them know if you keep your mouth shut?
    Whomever reads this comment let them know, don't be posting unreasonable offers
    like this and not be countered.

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaireroc View Post
    #3: Double barreled, energy weapon with a small belt of energy cells hanging from the side. The shots fired look like thick beams of white brilliance.
    insert a thick, juicy Freudian joke here

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That will be 50$ good sir.

Attached Images Attached Images  

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dabzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think its hilarious the client hasnt responded to this thread, you guys probably scared him off everything on my mind has already been said, so, yea..i agree with all but mr.m..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these people kill me every time. they always want want want (in detail no less) and when it comes to the fine print of payment, it's a ridiculous low amount. sometimes they won't even say. amazing how selfish people are. 50 bucks and rights to the artwork? shows how much respect you have for artists.

it's GOOD that other clients see these responses. time and time again these 'clients' have asked for an amazing amount of work for VERY little money. almost seems like they're taking advantage. they could be a little more fair. i mean we ARE the artists. a little more respect would be nice.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lordmaul30 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Fellow Artists,

For those that agree with the majority, it is about time we stick together in strength.
    If everyone is afraid or selfish without banning together then clients such as him will eat us alive. Lordmaul 30 is right on many levels, most are selfish. I've been in the business for
    20 years is has always been undercutting and back stabbing among us. Because it might not appear to have an apparent affect but in the long run it will come back and haunt us all. THIS MEANS, IF THEY HURT ONE OF US, WE HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT IN A PROFESSIONAL WAY.

This also means not under cutting on prices too much. Clients will see this and use one another to compare to. It will be bad for all of us.
    WHY ARE CONCEPT WORK SO LOW???? because it takes only one to do it for too LESS AND BAMMM the level of pay drops!!!!!!
    Let experience,talent and professionalism be the choice for them. When post like this appears, let them know about it and then we all back the dislike. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. We all know work is hard, and competition is tough but don't degrade yourself and the profession or you will soon be doing 20 concept for $10.

I would be glad to support talks and have someone open a thread on a standard for general pricing. For those not up to par with skills or exp., don't worry, your time will come. Every good thing requires time to nature and produce. Let's start rebuilding our proud profession. The one we all enjoy and love.

Good day

21. The Following User Says Thank You to m.v.studio098 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While I understand that the rate offered in this thread may not be to everyone's liking, it's still not an accepted practice at CA to openly berate and belittle anyone providing offers of work, regardless of rate. It won't be long before all the reponses in this thread are deleted.

As to discussion regarding rates in the industry, that's totally different and should be encouraged. Just not in the job offer threads.

Just a heads up for all the newcomers

Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Lofgren For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eric: Thanks Eric! We are exactly on the same page.

m.v.studio098: You are absolutely right, but I have to second Eric. Would be really cool to start a thread about rates, but this might not be the most appropriate place to discuss such things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see it as, they need the artists to get their business going. It should be mandatory for a person or company to post some type of payment. Artists are not slaves for hire and you need our work, talent and creative juices to keep your business alive. It seems selfish and disrespectful to almost demand for what they need (ex. MUST have ....knowledge, MUST meet deadlines, MUST this and that)...well here's one.....MUST post how much you're willing to pay!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.