The Art of Robin Laviña

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool The Art of Robin Laviña

The Art of Robin Laviña

Title: Octoclops

You can buy this as print here!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems there's a different light source on the eyeball than the rest of the octo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, you could work more on the illumination and on the rendering of the image.

I also think that you could try another background, this green texture doesn't make it too "appealing".

The idea is cool tough, keep it up

Alejandro Díaz
    Student
    Supinfocom Arles
    France

http://adconcept.blogspot.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adconcept For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

THank you, I'll try even more to upload a better illustration. All I can say is that I'm still a beginner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No need to worry, I'm having plenty of trouble too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Art of Robin Laviña
    Joyce Andres, photo reference from FHM Philippines November 2009 issue. I have problems regarding the proportions, I can't get it which means I still need to practice even more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't expect many more crits with that big copyright notice in there. The pros with galleries at the top of the page don't have it. People might think you have an exaggerated sense of where you're at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's because it can easily be edited, I'll try to do a smaller watermark next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously, there's a million masterful digital paintings out there - no one's going to bother stealing amateur works. I'm not putting copyright notices all over mine. Even the really good painters here aren't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Art of Robin Laviña
    This is Nicole Brune from Pin-Up World Art. My 2nd attempt on painting with a reference picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta agree about the copyright. I fully advocate copyrighting your stuff, but when you use the picture uploader, it promps you for copyright info off the bat, so it's not necessary here. You can put your circle-c on your stuff, but do it small. Plus, that mark usually indicates a signed and finished peice, and folks are not likely to crit it, because the underlying message is that it's finished and therefore pretty much closed to constructive crit. As for your stuff though: I really like it. Nice images. I think folks would like to see what other stuff you do, especially in this community. Also, use the CA uploader to put your stuff here: you probably won't get a thumbnail otherwise.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,387 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Also its a little ironic you slapping a copyright notice on things you obviously don't have the copyright to, like celebrity images.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, D-paint is right on that one too (good Call D-paint). No matter how good your work is, if you use a copywrited image(photo) without permission, you can get into hot water using it. If you are producing any art, there are specific laws governing what you can and can't do here. You can produce any work you like, but when you paint from a photo so specifically, you can't copyright it. You can present it as an example of your work, but as soon as you copyright it you are taking your art to a different place. If the wrong person sees that copyright, you could be looking at a lawsuit. Example: there was a school a while back in California that painted the seven dwarves on the building: a month later, Disney lawyers showed up with a lawsuit. Bottom line: you DO good work, but do it from public domain reference, or your own photos-IF you intend on copyrighting your stuff. You paint well-that's established: just learn the laws concerning image copyright protection. Looking forward to seeing your other stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Klaw View Post
    Ok, D-paint is right on that one too (good Call D-paint). No matter how good your work is, if you use a copywrited image(photo) without permission, you can get into hot water using it. If you are producing any art, there are specific laws governing what you can and can't do here. You can produce any work you like, but when you paint from a photo so specifically, you can't copyright it. You can present it as an example of your work, but as soon as you copyright it you are taking your art to a different place. If the wrong person sees that copyright, you could be looking at a lawsuit. Example: there was a school a while back in California that painted the seven dwarves on the building: a month later, Disney lawyers showed up with a lawsuit. Bottom line: you DO good work, but do it from public domain reference, or your own photos-IF you intend on copyrighting your stuff. You paint well-that's established: just learn the laws concerning image copyright protection. Looking forward to seeing your other stuff.
    Thanks, I read your posts. It's kind of hard to understand copyright laws. I asked permission before I painted the "Nicole Brune".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the unfinished version of my baller. Hope ya'll like it.

Last edited by zerdron; November 11th, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking at 'baller':
    Your use of outlines is very inconsistent - you've got some relatively delicate shading around the torso, but the overall shape is flattened horribly by that heavy black around the outer edges. The basketballs look particularly weird, seeing half of them outlined.
    That gap between the breasts looks unnatural, the arms read as a little too short, and the neck seems thick.
    It's also quite difficult to see what's going on under that incredibly annoying watermark.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Picket View Post
    Looking at 'baller':
    Your use of outlines is very inconsistent - you've got some relatively delicate shading around the torso, but the overall shape is flattened horribly by that heavy black around the outer edges. The basketballs look particularly weird, seeing half of them outlined.
    That gap between the breasts looks unnatural, the arms read as a little too short, and the neck seems thick.
    It's also quite difficult to see what's going on under that incredibly annoying watermark.
    Sorry about the annoying watermark. Will upload without watermarks soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.