Art: Graphic Novel

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Graphic Novel

Thanks

Graphic Novel

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to hire an Artist to work with me on a Graphic Novel. I do have money, just not sure if I have enough? Up and coming or established?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You should expect the artist will quote you a price per page, and also, expect to pay 50% or similar before the work even starts. People from outside the US (south america specially), will be cheaper, but it depends mostly on the ability of the artist.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    tough question....sounds like first you have to get artists interested in reading your script and being comfortable drawing what YOU want instead of their own stories ( all the comic artists I know write their own stuff ....they get to own it all that way for one thing )

if you imagine top artists work you'll have to break the bank and line up...and there's no guarantee you'll like the result.....not to mention finding a publisher.

my suggestion is to try drawing it yourself and submitting it around honestly...if your story is good you can draw something that will look OK.....try for a minimal style at first...even stick men works if you do it well

....lo pay means you'll get poopie art.......and be very sad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    $100 a page + %royalties if you want simple pencils and inks is legit. Anything less and you may not find anybody and forget about working with a serious professional.

Most publishers want 8 page submissions, so $800 is a good start.

Members who have read this thread: 1