how is neverwinter nights?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: how is neverwinter nights?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

how is neverwinter nights?

hey guys, so simply, how is this game? its like diablo right? thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it's a hard game to explain... it's not like diablo at all

nwn is more story based then diablo for sure. diablo is more based on items and stats.

though i'm not a big fan of rpg's since they never seem to statify both story and gameplay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, the first thing you should know about NWN is that it was originally meant to be a multiplayer game. Therfore it's story line is rather... weak.

The gameplay is incredibly fun though. This can be said for most AD&D RPGs though. Half the fun is just creating you character and then running around.

The main thing that NWN has over past Forgotten Realm games (BG 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, etc), is that you only have to control your character and not the whole party. While this has it's flaws (poor AI), I like it a lot more. It is much easier to selct what you want your character to do and move the party along.

It is pretty cheap now, so I would wholey recommend it. I still play it quite often.

.: I am a Middle Class Member :.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a pretty good game. Doesnt live up to the Story and gameplay of the previous BI games like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment its fun to play and there are 2 major addons and plenty of community created addons for it.

Its not quite a hardcore RPG but not hack n slash like Diablo. Its more like a dungeon seige kind of game.

I wish BI would come out with more games like the BG, Icewind Dale, Torment type. I havent played a game as fun as those RPGs since.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah. BG2 and Torment are two of my favioute computer RPGs. Too bad my computer can't handle NWN....

"BANG! You're dead Max Payne."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hated NWN.

And I would have to disagree with you Davi... it IS like Diablo in the way it plays. And personally... I can't stand Diablo either.

BG2 however... is my favorite game to ever exist.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It really depends on if you manage to find a good server and a good crowd.

In my case, I competed (usually as a fighter-cleric or monk template) on a teamplay tournament server for a while where we competed for territory with opposing guilds. We were only supposed to make our characters according to premade templates, which made for a rather balanced game because that way pretty much everyone had their role.

In another more roleplay-heavy server, I played a Drow fighter-rogue who was part of group of semi-evil semi-netural allies who were in league against the followers of the spider queen. (Which were played by other players.) There was permadeath on the server and very few people could resurrect, so assassination was a pretty big deal. It was hard to kill someone without there being repercussions...I carried out a few successful assassination jobs (they paid me in some pretty good magic items) but found myself evading enemies (some of them posing as allies, too) at every turn. It was the coolest thing ever.

Unfortunately, I had to stop playing because my computer's video card went on the fritz, and then later my NWN CD got busted.

Also, I've heard lots of good things about servers run by people who put in all sorts of original content and are run by great dedicated DMs who make things really quite fun.

Basically, you've got to shop around a bit before you can find a few servers to frequent.

Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah, the recent single-player expansion is supposed to be extremely good. If you already have the original game, by all means pick that up. One of my friends has it and says it's almost as good as Baldur's Gate 2.

Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.