Graphic Design - Calling Card
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Graphic Design - Calling Card

As a recent graduate and Young Design Professional and such, I'm in dire need of a personal business card. I want this to be my general "artsy" card, for architecture, comic and illustration work.

The premise is that the card itself looks like a moleskine notebook, complete with stickers and bits of paper stuck in it.

Moleskine!
    http://www.heymister.net/storage/MOLESKINE_YIKES.jpg

Here's what I have so far.

The "4H" sticker is ripping on the OBEY sticker I have on my current book, but with a character from my web comic.

And here's a slightly older version of the design, as it would appear IRL. But you know, with better printing.

So if you can give me any general impressions / design critiques / can direct me to a forum where I COULD get good critiques, I'd be much obliged.

(Apologies if graphic work isn't appropriate for this forum. Asked around a bit on the general forum, and they seemed to think it was acceptable.)

http://4hcomic.com
    A webcomic of Apocalyptic proportions.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a great idea.

I'm not sure if it really works right now, though. If it were me, I'd lose the sticker and the drawing fragment and really really push the trompe l'oeil effect--i.e., fake embossing of the cover texture, etc. Some kind of off-axis view of the thing--so you could see the page edges in perspective--might work well too.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.