Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Neat Little Pictures

Thanks
    Back again, I got a lot of work a head of me.

Upon scanning , I have noticed a ton of errors. Mostly with proportions.

Going to sleep now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi Keevy thnx for commenting. My tip will be look at the figure and try and capture it in a few strokes even I struggle to do this. Best place is ride the train or bus take a pen and look around and draw. Its pretty hard to do. But I see a lot of progress keep pushing ok.

Thanks
    Hey man thanks for stopping by. I dont feel like I have been drawing enough ha ha. Too much time looking at SBs on CA. I really like the recent one you did. Is it beyonce?

Thanks
    Aren't proportions annoying? Haha. I think they are my bane right now. Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook earlier. I appreciate the comments. I don't know why, but they always seem to be useful as "inspiration"! Good luck with your practice, too. I'll keep trying on my end, too!

Thanks
    It's a shame you had that big gap, I was looking through and noticed an increase in skill as the posts went on and then gap made you rusty, life happens I suppose and I'm guessing you have learnt to continue despite whatever happens, some drawing is better than none.

that said, still some awesome studies, what is your current method of improvement?
    If I happen to comment on your sketchbook, please don't feel obliged to comment on mine. use that time instead to get back to work.

CA sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245741

Deviantart: http://luthertaylor.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luthertaylor View Post
    It's a shame you had that big gap, I was looking through and noticed an increase in skill as the posts went on and then gap made you rusty, life happens I suppose and I'm guessing you have learnt to continue despite whatever happens, some drawing is better than none.

that said, still some awesome studies, what is your current method of improvement?
    Yeah... I know. I've definitely been sit back a little bit, But I'm optimistic. Live and learn right?

As far as my current method of improvement? That's been kind of a hodge podge of different studies. Gestures, Bridgeman and Still Life. Mostly just to get a feel of where I'm at and what I'm doing.

My main focus right now is accuracy in proportions (which I need a lot more work),forms and lighting. After that, I think I start watercolours or something.

Thanks
    I really need to invest in a smaller sketchbook.

Or a bigger scanner.

Still trying to focus on correcting proportions,

Started off as a still life, but was having issues with the lighting of the cup. so spent the rest of the hour working that out.

Just a quick gesture and just random noodleing from my bedroom window. Not really much to show, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

I'm using darker lead, which is nice because it mentally forces me to use fewer lines.

I'm taking a break from bridgman for a while, My current goal at this point is to get pretty comfortable with life drawing, and getting hand eye coordination before I get any more involved with anatomy. I bit off a little more then I could chew with that.

I realize these are all really quick and unimpressive stuff, the next few days will be spent on slower more rendered work,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keevy39 View Post
    I'm taking a break from bridgman for a while, My current goal at this point is to get pretty comfortable with life drawing, and getting hand eye coordination before I get any more involved with anatomy. I bit off a little more then I could chew with that.
    Sounds like we had a similar problem keevy, I did the exact same thing for the longest time.

Careful with the ellipses, I know you said they were quick, but an extra few seconds can make a world of difference in that respect. Otherwise just keep on drawing!

Thanks

A coffee cup and a fake apple!

I do a large amount of practice in the mornings before I go to work, forty minutes to an hour. That way if something comes up in the evening and I don't get to draw, I still have some work under my belt. These are the products of that effort.

A cup!

Used a desk lamp as light.
    Attachment 1536444
    A fake apple, and my eyes.

Positioned the apple on my window ledge, which gave it some pretty soft shadows. I also noticed the darkest part of the shadow was shaded in a direction that didn't follow the shape of the apple, now it looks like a huge dent.

My eyes.

I sat about six inches from a mirror in my room and just started drawing them eyes, First time in over 2 years.
    Attachment 1536445

A little bit at a time.

The same fake apple, but a week prior.

Went to Hobby Lobby, bought some B and 4B lead, hung out on my balcony and began drawing

I tried a new thing where I sanded my lead to an angle to achieve a more interesting line. I think it worked out pretty good.
    Attachment 1536446

The same cup, but laying on my bed.

My back had been killing me in the last couple days, which made it hard for me to find a comfortable position to draw in. So, I was left with tossing that cup on my bed and propping my back against the wall.
    Attachment 1536447

After typing that out, I realized you probably didn't need to know that.

Well, now you do.

Sorry, if this doesn't make sense. I'm very tired.

Thanks
    You are doin some good studies Keep your gestures simple, they look best when do simple & confident lines

Thanks
    Matija Vuk – Thanks! I've really trying to work on that.

Tim Murphy – Yeah your right, I sometimes get in the habit of abandoning a sketch after the first 15 seconds if I don't feel like its going where I want it to. I really need to break that :|

Starting off with a clown painting hanging in my room, ignore the creepy face, I was just focusing in figure. I'm going to try it again tonight.
    Attachment 1538351
    Oh man! Talk about being out of your element! I decided to go to the library and try to sneak some gesture drawings, they are pretty horrible, but I'm ok with that, because I was very uncomfortable doing it, but I'm excited to do it again next week!
    Attachment 1538352
    Attachment 1538355
    Attachment 1538356
    Also, that same ol' apple.
    Attachment 1538357
    Chicken scratches.
    Attachment 1538358

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5