Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

What were the names of your goldfish

Hi
    I'm working on an art project and would like people to tell the names of there childhood goldfish, and how they died and how they were disposed of. Would really appreciate this
    Thanks alot
    L

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Name: Godraw.
    Cause of death: Drowning.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IanE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 401 Posts
    My dad had a gold fish.
    He called her Micica.
    Translation - Kitty.
    *facepalm*
    True story.

My ex bought me two goldfish. I hate fish tanks. We broke up a year later. That was ten years ago. They are still here. What is the lifespan of these fuckers?
    Last edited by Mitze; January 15th, 2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: add a question mark

7. The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    fish1 and fish2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    me and my siblings went through some kind of aquarium period where we desperatly wanted to keep fish, even though we clearly couldn't. We had many, named them by numbers and then just didnt bother to name them after since they would all die in mere days. all flushed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    Name: Goldie (LMAO)
    Cause of Death: Natural causes.
    Burial: Ground. Somewhere in Long Island, New York.
    Thoughts: I was so pissed and upset when he died. Then I bought a new fish. It wasn't gold though. :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitze View Post
    My ex bought me two goldfish. I hate fish tanks. We broke up a year later. That was ten years ago. They are still here. What is the lifespan of these fuckers?
    Depends on the type...12-40+ years is the maximum. Most don't live that long due to various factors (goldfish are "messy" fish, and require much larger volumes of water and excellent filtration for optimum health).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aphotic Phoenix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    How the hell did you know I had gold fish?
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight Edge Ryan For This Useful Post:

Nrx

Thanks
    I had two fish, Walkie and Talkie. Talkie suddenly disappeared one day. I suppose my father would take the dead fish out of the tank, without me noticing. Walkie's death was, indeed, more traumatizing.
    On weekends, I used to wake up the first in the house, and go downstairs to the livingroom to watch cartoons. I found him on the stairs, covered by lots and lots of ants, eating him. I suppose that's why I tend to draw so many insectoid monsters today.

Also, this summer I had a little one who had a curious death.
    A friend of mine bought 2 goldfish for being a summer camp's pets. One of them, Gustavo, died due to excessive water-cleaning liquid. The other one, whose name was Lettuce, was given to me after the summer camp. I bought another goldfish, for Lettuce not to be so alone. As the new one got bigger and bigger, Lettuce went smaller until he finally died from starvation. The new fish was much more voracious and ate all the food in the tank, not leaving any to Lettuce.

Thanks
    Thanks everyone this is going to be a real help, keep them coming the stories are great and hopefully not to traumatic

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    I have a pet fly that's been following me throughout the house all day. He's little and he hovers around my hair, just close enough to be out of my field of vision, so I can't swat him. I've named him Trevor. He's still alive so far, but I probably won't notice when he dies...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 4,633 Posts
    We had guppies when I was young that we kept in a large Horlicks jar. When they had fry the jar was crowded, but the next morning all the fry had disappeared and equilibrium was restored. Didn't name any of the cannibals.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Frank.

... I'm creativez.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    I had a goldfish named Brownie which lived 9 years. Yeah, they live a fucking long time...

Thanks
    When I was really young, I had a pair of goldfish named Bubbles and Goldie. I found Bubbles caught between the tank wall and the filtration system, which utterly traumatized me. But I suppose my parents got rid of Goldie before I could find her, when she died.

Later on, I had a Goldfish named Comet who lived in our pond in the backyard with a bunch of other goldfish. All of the other fish were piebald (they were Sarasa Comet Goldfish, hence my guy's name), but he was solid orange with just one snip of white, so he was easy to pick out. He lived a good 5-6 years. Some birds of prey began hunting our fish, and he got really scraped up. We found him barely alive in the shallows of the pond, captured him, put him in a large tank alone inside and tried to treat him for his wounds. He got a lot better, but after a week or two he suddenly went downhill and died a few days after that. We buried him because he was way too big to flush. I loved that guy.

Thanks
    I remember we had a fish tank with tropical fish in for a while. They eventually started fighting and eating the losers, though my fave fish died of unknown causes while napping under his rock. I think the final fish met their end when our cat got the lid off the tank and helped himself to a snack

Thanks
    I had several fish:

Fish #1: General Sherman McBubbles
    Fish #2: Wiggles
    Fish #3: Rear Admiral Dermit Haversham
    Fish #4: Viceroy Gills MacKenzie
    Fish #5: Brosef Goebbels
    Fish #6: Steve
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    wow kinda hard to remember but I know I had one fish (it wasn't a gold fish thought) named Molly, when I got her she was pregant gave me a bunch of baby fishies. I believe she dies of natural causes and I burried her in a little box in the front yard. I also remember she had survived the tank water splashing during the SF Bay area earthquake of '89.

Thanks
    edit: double post
    Last edited by Amber Alexander; January 18th, 2010 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks
    My aunt bought my brother a goldfish once but he was too little back then so eventually I took care of it. He was named Kiku (or Kiq) He disappeared one time cleaning the tank. I'd put him in a glass on the bathroom cupboard and when I came back to let him in the tank again he was missing. I suspect the cat ate him. I think I told by brother that, "He was miserable alone so I set him free." or smth.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    So, assuming shoelaura isn't an bot, are we ever going to find out what this is about?

Thanks
    name: Goldie
    cause of death: the filter

Thanks
    I've had goldfish as a kid, but I don't remember their names, just that one of them had the name I'd used for my imaginary friend. The last time I had goldfish were the ones my brother and his friends won at the state fair a few years back. Don't know how he did it (other than fair fish aren't all that healthy to begin with, I bet), one of the three was dead by the next day. I took over care and they lasted a couple months after that.

So, the fish I have had that I've remember the names to were Betta fish, and they had a naming theme; Leviathan, Jormungand, and Red (okay, that last one was actually my grandpa's that I took care of). They lasted a year each, at least. Last one got sick and couldn't swim to the top, others are who knows?
    "It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Never had any. My friend named a bunch after folks from the Harry Potter books.

Thanks
    I originally had two lovely goldfish we named Slobbers and Mary we kept in our garden pond. Long story short, Slobbers ate her, ate slugs, leaped to eat flies, ate some tadpoles, ate everything. Grew too large in the end and we gave him to a friend with a larger pond. Said friend has moved away, but I hear he ate all my friends fish, then perished himself.
    CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

Thanks
    I didn't have a goldfish but I did have this skinny little guppy thing. His name was Pat. I mercy killed him because he started floating at the top of the tank sideways and could only move one fin and didn't eat his food.

Thanks
    I had a goldfish. His name was Sputnik. One day I took him out of the aquarium to bring to my neighbor's house so he can swim in the koi pond and meet new friends. I brought him that day and a few days later he died in the tank. I think he died of loneliness or he just ate himself to death, kind of like gluttony.

ULTIMATE SKETCH GROUP
    Angelo | Gredgie | Matty

Website - Look at me
    Email - Hire me
    Facebook - Be my friend, pleaseeeee
    Nocturnal Concept Emissions - Surprise

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks everyone for there help,all will be revealed shortly.But keep posting if there are anymore stories.
    Laura x

Thanks
    richard nixon... his fish tank is called the watergate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast