Art: My art center portfolio

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon My art center portfolio

Hi this is part of my portfolio for entertainment design, though because of the dead line for the scholorship got bumped up a month I may try for entertaiment arts instead. Better stuff towards the end.

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

My art center portfolio

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I really like your iteration pieces, it shows that you really though over where you wanna go with the picture. Though I was a little disappointed with the final drawing. (personal opinion) I would of picked the outfit to the right of the one you picked. Also I would work on anatomy, the pose of your character is off by a bit. Life Drawings ftw!

Good Job on what you got so far, just keep drawing!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueIceX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The deadline isnt till February the first so you can probably make it. I'm applying as well and working night and day trying to finish mine up.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice, as for the life drawing I know the girl feels like shes falling over, but with the guy do you think the perspective is off? Or is it something else entirely?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the perspective is off on the guy, his right foot and hand are too small. If he was in a more dynamic pose, making that kind of exaggeration might work, but not for this kind of pose. Also his left hand needs a lot more definition, it's just a muddy mess right now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jar-Mar, I like the variety of your images, and the imagination of the different outfits, and especially the vehicles.

I would say that the main problem with the guy is the upper arms. They are way too long. Elbows, when the arm is held straight down, sit at the base of the rib cage, so in a bent position like this, they would be even higher up than that.

I like the mood of your environments, but the little figure in the tree one, is out of proportion. The legs are too far apart, and the width where they join the body seems too wide. You could probably just move the left leg over to the right a little and make it look a lot better.

I can see you have potential on the two colored pieces, but I would suggest you work on the lighting more. On the guy, try not using black for the shadows. Use a darker version of the main clothing color, but not too dark, unless he is standing under a spot light where the contrast would be that high.

And on the girl, I like how you've not used black to shade the shadows and instead used a darker skin tone. But, you need to think about the light direction. On her face you have the light coming from above right, on her left arm you have the light coming from the right, on her stomach you have the light coming from the left, and on her left leg you have the light coming from above left. (On the skin tone areas.)

Keep up the good work, skill can be learned, but imagination is internal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's really good. But quite frankly, it's not as real as i hope.
    Actually, you need more time to complete it.
    Have fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in the event that you do decide to try for entertainment arts, keep in mind that you'll need to submit figure drawings and academic paintings. because entertainment arts is part of the illustration track, there is a heavier emphasis on traditional mediums and skills.

when I applied for the entertainment arts, half my portfolio were figure drawings while the rest were paintings, miscellaneous concept sketches, and sketchbook work.

Members who have read this thread: 3