Sketchbook: Sketchbook Of Sketches *(includes sketches)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook Of Sketches *(includes sketches)

May contain NSFW images and/or rendered nudity. All right, you have been warned.

I hope this is a good way to receive critique and commentary. Please consider going easy on a noob, willya lol We'll see how it goes. To get the ball rolling, here is a sketchbook page featuring several horror and science fiction doodles. These sketches were based on images fround in one of those "history of horror films" hardcover books from a few decades ago.

Here are some details from that page.

This image was created using a simple ball point pen. It is on a comic book backing board, those white cardboards you buy by the hundreds to protect comics from becoming creased or damaged. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that many people here are familiar with them. It is on the vellum side of the board instead of the smooth, coated side.

This is one of my favorite images. It is just an idea I had and thought it was fun at the time. It is based on a well known drawing by Leonardo Da Vinci titled "Five Grotesque Heads". This image is actually from a few years ago.

For the sake of convenience, here is the original image.

I was trying to use image attachment to post instead of img tags, but was not having much luck with it. Apologies for the quality of the scans, and thanks for looking.

Last edited by ayelid; January 28th, 2010 at 03:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I attempted to hand color this pencil drawing of an elephant using markers and acrylic paints. It was essentially an attempt to copy a photo. I didn't finish it because I really wasn't getting the results I wanted.

This was a concept drawing for a tattoo a friend was thinking of getting.

An original idea for a dragon and rider. Just trying to think up an original creature.

Last edited by ayelid; January 28th, 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I used a fine tip sharpie style marker on this one. People familiar with the different types of pens can probably tell the difference.

This page was done just to see the results I'd get with a very fine tip pigma micron marker without "trying".

Another page with the fine tip marker.

Last edited by ayelid; January 28th, 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 1