New Logo/Visual Identity
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: New Logo/Visual Identity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Logo/Visual Identity

Hey folks! I`m seeking for define my new visual identity for this year and I wanna know your opinion about these logos:

Which one do you like the most?

I`ll probably focus my artwork on character and vehicle concepts both fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Thanks!

Rodrigo Windt Concept Art
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys?

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I prefer the third one down

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

RomanRiot is offline Dedicated Student of the Arts Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I agree with the previous post, mainly because the third id divides your first and last name which is good. However, you may want to experiment more with the fracturing in number two. Last thing, make a bunch more of these and experiment with using a white field instead of black, different colors for your gradients, and improved readibility... some of your examples lose their readibility towards the end. Have a good time coming up with more, vis ids are great!

Last edited by RomanRiot; January 12th, 2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,881 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yeah third one down but I would develop the idea a little more and maybe pick a more interesting font

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Firstly; great job with these. I've always been interested in logo design, but I find it difficult to come up with creative eye-catching designs. I especially like the colors you've used! c:

As for my opinion, I agree with the general consensus. I feel that the first logo design isn't really practical as a logo, but that may simply be personal preference. The fact that it has a background (of sorts) makes it seem less like a logo, and gives it a feeling of messiness.

The second logo is nice, and could potentially look great, but I think it needs a bit of further tinkering. I think it could look fantastic, if you would work more toward making the letters look as if they have been shattered, and less like they have been dabbed at with a sponge. Just a bit of extra detail (i.e. more missing 'chunks' from the letters) would really do the trick, I think.

The third logo appeals to me the most, likely because of it's simple -- but bold -- appearance.

The final logo was the one I would have chosen -- however, I think the effect is a bit over-done. Perhaps if the letters were more clear, it would be a bit more appealing as a logo design.

Anyway, there are my opinions. Hopefully they are a bit helpful to you, despite the fact that logo-design isn't my field of specialty. (:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    All of them need to be more legible.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd go for a mixture of the second and third, with a more interesting font. Also, I don't know if the logo will always have a black background? But keep in mind that on a lighter background or a background of similar colours, they might need outlines.

The colours don't say 'character' nor 'vehicle'. Perhaps some army greens, oranges and browns. Try experimenting with the colours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd agree with the fact you should take another font. There are so many free fonts for logo creation, you really should keep an eye on them.

Anyways I like the 4th best, since it looks more interesting and adds a nice round over to the straight letters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for all the feedback!

Well, I`ve been searching for Fonts, but this is the one I liked the most until now. I didn`t want the obvious brushy font, i want these intense but not too thick, modern but not rounded font.

And thanks for remembering of the background changing, I `ll test with other colors.
    =)

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dont think any of these will print well. My advice is to develop a logo that is a bit more simple and conceptual. Im not an expert but i think no matter how well it looks on your screen, a printer isnt going to make such good work out of the particles, gradations, and subtleties.

on a lighter note i think that the first one is the best and most readable of all. And i think it could really be something nice with a bit more tweaking and a bit more exploration with the type face. I think that creating a logo using negative space is creative and is a great starting point for further investigation.

I wouldn't approach logo creation with the idea that more detail and texture is better (as in illustration). A logo should be readable at first glance and quickly (as a person isn't generally going to linger on it). In general you want a logo to be easily distinguishable and interesting regardless of whether it is in color or not (most cases if you are using it domestically it will be black and white anyways).

I would play with the juxtaposition of the syllables of the words, maybe making part of the word bold based on pronounciation. Also you could play with the size and the relationship of the word to the gradated background (in the first one) or maybe make your text smaller and giving the positive space a shaped border.

Also try playing with dual type faces (one for each word) because you can come up with some interesting interplay this way especially when you add things like italics.

In general i would re-approach this design focusing more on the foundations of type before piling on special effects. This will help give your design more integrity and foundation.

Last edited by JakehC; January 12th, 2010 at 11:55 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll echo what everyone else said.
    None of these will print well and you have to think preferably with a white background and a black mark, and then build from there.

Its also too wide and spaced. That W pulls your eye far too much as it's significantly wider than the other letters and is also smack in the middle of your name.
    As lolbbq said, you can do many interesting things with contrasting fonts, different line weights and playing with the shape of the letters.

Please use a vector based program for any logo design too. If the reasons are not immediately obvious.....well.....they should be!

Here's a really rough and dodgy sketch of a couple of ideas - mucking around with the shapes.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kitty's Drawings - My blog!

I have a Sketchbook now ---> SKETCHY!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reduce these down to an inch - if you can't see your design clearly then it's not working right.
    Drop the colour so you won't be distracted by it.

I don't think they are strong enough to make an interesting logo - the only one that reads to me at that size is 2 - but basically its just a font.

Get your basic design right before you start to polish it

Name:  logo.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  3.1 KB

Last edited by Venger; January 13th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^^^ Best advice I've heard all day.

Logos SHOULD stick to about 4 colors max. Anything more than that won't work on a business card. You should be thinking of this as your brand, not just something to stick on a website. If you are planning on using this for just a web site...it's not a logo, not another graphic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Venger - You got a point there! Didn`t think about this test. I`ll study that more.

Kitty - Well, the thing is that I`m not that much into making logos, also vector stuff... this is why I wanted to do a objective "logo", simply puting my name. IF one day I start a team with a studio or anything like that, I would definitely go for a great structured e concepted logo, like Massive Black`s one. But thanks for your feedback!

Here are some exemples of what I am looking for. They are simple, some of them too simple (pringle), I want something that objective but with something more, but it does not have to be a superlogo.

I forgot to say that The only thing printed I want to do is a business card. I wanna put it only on the website, twitter, blog, etc...

my sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.