Need some help picking a school
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need some help picking a school

Greetings everyone, I need some help picking a school. I am looking for a school that does special effects or animation. Also game art/design would be another possibility. I should note that Concept Art is not an interest of mine. I’m looking for a place where I can leave school with a wonderful portfolio and know the skills I will need to work at a company without being totally lost. I do know you get what you put in, but I feel the school does effect how high you can reach. I do not want a party place; I hate the immature typical college party scene. I know I have the talent but my skills need some work. I am dedicated to what I am doing, I don’t have a social life so large work loads are alright. Location is no issue unless I need to learn a different language; I don’t mind moving. Cost is not really a factor as long as it is worth it. I don’t care if I am in debt if I don’t have to wake up wanting to jump off the roof.

So if you can suggest any schools that would be great. If you can a short description why would be absolutely amazing. If you have gone to a school and found out it isn’t what you were expecting feel free to chime in too. But if that is the case please be sure you say what you where hoping for and why you didn’t like it. Thanks so much.

-Nicholi

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel Conterno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm agree with you Nicholi. but I'm looking for a college in Sweden or France or Italy only.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont know a long rundown and comparison of schools, but i have attended, however not for 3D, and highly recommend Gnomonl. I highly suggest you try and make it to one of their open houses if you can.
    They have like a 98% hire rate within the first 6 months of graduation. All the classes are taught by people working in the industry, many of them on the biggest movies and games today, which means real world knowledge and work flow and connections. My teachers didnt give any artsy fartsy BS, they told me what I needed to do to be successful, because the person paying you wasnt going to care if you "cheated". Do some research, go to the open house or give them a call and you can get the whole Gnomon pitch.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.