Thanks

Call to arms on the Tutorial boards

It's been a while since I first announced changes that are to be made in the Tutorials Tips and Tricks section, and I have realized some of those changes already. I've compiled a ton of threads into useful on-topic stickies with links to all pertinent tutorials, started putting together a glossary of art terminology to help struggling newbies along, among other things.

But I need help from the community.

The thread where we all discussed changes to the tuts boards can be found here and I have had offers from some great, selfless, and talented artists to help author some of the requested tutorials, and I plan to make full use of their generosity in the interest of making a more complete education forum for all to use.

One thing that I personally would like to request is for all of the skilled and helpful artists here who are willing to take a few moments to post in a group discussion thread I've started in the tuts forum regarding their thoughts on HOW to learn.

Some topics I would like to see covered are HOW-TO get a good start learning about art history, a topic which is grossly under-discussed here, but pays exponentially when studying.

Also HOW-TO make a good study. What goes into making a good study? How does one differentiate between when a study is going well and when it's not going well?

That thread can be found here

I hope that there will be a lot of traffic to that thread, and there can be a fair amount of discussion, debate, even arguing going on in that thread. As long as it stays civil of course.

Thanks to all of you who participate.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sepulverture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    ... One of the highlights of grad school was getting to pick the brain of a professor on the topic of art history. He had a good twelve points to keep in mind as a way to focus study. I wrote it all down in a notebook, and boxed it with all my other schoolwork. Last summer, while visitng my parents in the states, I recalled those notes, and went tearing through my boxes to find it. I did and was ecstatic. I quickly typed it all up on my computer and saved it, so I'd always have it handy if anyone were interested...

This fall, my computer's motherboard died, and in the process of taking out the hardrives, a whole host of recent Word files disappeared... Meanwhile, I didn't pack that notebook when I came back to Slovakia, and apparently, I didn't put it back in the box with the others, so when I shipped all my boxes, it wasn't included. I just spent an hour looking for it... So basically, I lost both copies and all I found was a nervous breakdown... sorry I can't help more... I'll see what my addled brain can remember from it all...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey TAS.

That really sucks about loosing your notebook like that. I've had a notebook like that before too, not about art but about some other topic I was interested in in highschool. Sucks when you loose a valuable item like that, thanks anyway though.

Can you remember any of those points that you talked about?
    page 2

Thanks
    Bump.
    page 2