i REALLY CANT BLEND

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i REALLY CANT BLEND

can anyone show me how to blend properly ive lookd at the Digital Painting in PS thread and still have no success csn any one show me step by step the process please?

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crdf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do you have any step by step pictures on personal ways you blend or any one else?

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks you this is as far as i can blend any tips

Attached Images Attached Images  

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

It looks great, try using lower saturation and change values. Try learning from andrew loomis too at http://fineart.sk/index.php?s=72&cat=15

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you i will take a look if you have any more tips i would be gratefull to hear them

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check this out
    Big Fat Blending Tutorial -G- by #photoshop-tutorials

How it's made: Fresh by =BlackDelphin- read the comment by the artist!

Does that help?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you the second link help dramtically

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpringer View Post
    thank you the second link help dramtically
    well...your last picture of an apple didn't improve much. I suggest to try to draw just round shapes of baclk and white and trying to make them more 3-d by blending those colors. Kinda of like sketching it with the pencile. Then try to work on adding some colors...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the help so your suggesting i blend with grayscale colours first

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You may want to experiment with different opacity and flow settings and see what kind of results you get. In the brush settings tab, there are more options- play around with those too and see what happens.

The first image is a small experiment that I did a while ago to see how the different settings of opacity and flow affected the outcome of the digital paint. It's kind of a crappy example, but you can get the jist of it. There are of course many more settings than just opacity and flow once you get into the brush settings, but this was just a simple gauge.

The second image is how I typically blend. I just used a soft round brush for this example. I usually keep flow at 100 unless working on clouds or mist, etc. I tend to keep the opacity pretty low and just build my color up. If you have a tablet, you can set the opacity to pen pressure so that the harder you press, the "thicker" the paint lays down.

Also, something I've noticed is that when working with colors that are lighter in value, I have to set the opacity lower than what I do the darker values to keep the build up of paint the same. Like the user above me mentioned (I suck at remembering to make a note of names), it may be easier for you to get the hang of it working with just value rather than getting into hue too.

But that's what I do. Definitely experiment a bit and see what works for you.

“There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.”

My sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you very much that helped alot ill go off and try theses techniques

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm waiting for some new work of yours. Please post here, so we can see your great improvements!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    need more practise mabe i try the soft brush this time

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    definitely struggling...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    advice

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how about you look at TUTORIALS, TIPS & TRICKS section?
    I personally think this video is a good example...http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=174506

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in the same boat as this guy. Coming from traditional art, trying to blend digitally makes it seem like child's play.

i REALLY CANT BLEND

This was my first decent (somewhat) attempt at shading a lime green ball. The main thing I'm having trouble with is the actual process of choosing the right opacity and colors with the color tool, and then where to draw those colors on whatever object. I have my Opacity set to pen pressure, which seems to be working well, it's just using the correct pressure and color picker tool properly.

Thanks again.

Edit: Second try

i REALLY CANT BLEND

Last edited by darth_vato; February 4th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to darth_vato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi the problem your having is exactly the same as me the settings of opacity and blocking in is my problem

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Hm...it seems like you 2 think that opacity should be set at X% and everything will work magically. You need to constantly play with it!
    Start with two vibrant colors: one dark and another light. Change opacity to let's say to 50-75% and apply the same colors but in he border of two others. Change color opacity again, but lower 25%-50% and blend some more with the same colors...

I decided to follow my own advice ........here's the finished result (less then an hour with the breakfast break..lol): i added the shadow an some reflecting light.
    i REALLY CANT BLEND

Check HERE for step by step info.

P.S.: I found some misspelled words in my example, sorry about that was too lazy to fix it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i will try some studies later today and mabe update my sketch book

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dodge and burn should be avoided. Blending with a hard round brush is much more versatile, and you can get it to do what you want with practice.
    Yoruki Uno seems to be giving false advice in a few threads.
    My tips: Just keep at it. Have a gentle touch, and patience.

My Sketchbook

frazmctag@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok ill just keep trying

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoruki Oni View Post
    i REALLY CANT BLEND

Check HERE for step by step info.
    Quite honestly, that is not a good result.

As stated before dodge and burn tends not to produce good results when coloring.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154134

You have black in your shadows and aren't looking at reflective light. You're depending on an effect instead of learning to observe from life and understanding shadows, surfaces and lighting. That and how to use colors.

Disregard if posted already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDa-l...eature=related

Please keep practicing though, the only way you learn is to fail. The problem is that many don't understand that and give up thinking they'll never learn. Each mistake you make helps you learn from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserMcT View Post
    Dodge and burn should be avoided. Blending with a hard round brush is much more versatile, and you can get it to do what you want with practice.
    Yoruki Uno seems to be giving false advice in a few threads.
    My tips: Just keep at it. Have a gentle touch, and patience.
    well, I wouldn't say it's false, it's rather different way of doing things. I went into "burn" and "dodge" tools to expand variety of two color i've chosen without going back to the pallet.

And you're absolutely right with your tip, you just gotta keep going. However seems to me CarlSpringer had a problem with blending overall, so I'm looking for variety of different techniques to give him various ideas. My personall opinion: there's no right or wrong, when one effect can be achieved different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    You're depending on an effect instead of learning to observe from life and understanding shadows, surfaces and lighting. ]Quite honestly, that is not a good result.
    agree, but I wasn't going fo good result. Just a blending basics with just various opacity options

You're depending on an effect instead of learning to observe from life and understanding shadows, surfaces and lighting. ]You have black in your shadows
    Honestly, I have huge problems with the shadows! In the apple thread I stated it couple times. Any help?

You're depending on an effect instead of learning to observe from life and understanding shadows, surfaces and lighting.
    if i were drawing a sphere from the life example, then Obseriving definitely would of give me adifferent effect, however you're right that i personally need to observe more.

THanks for the video link. I think this is very helpfuL!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im not trying to cause a argument i pick sides. but visually Yoruki's sphere loook good and im wondering why it is not a good result beside the fact burn and dodge was used the blending technique was still perform in Yoruki's steps it is shown

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpringer View Post
    im not trying to cause a argument i pick sides. but visually Yoruki's sphere loook good and im wondering why it is not a good result beside the fact burn and dodge was used the blending technique was still perform in Yoruki's steps it is shown
    I don't think we're arguing here, rather sharing various opinions. I personally think that my sphere wasn't realistic: tere's no texture and as Arshes Nei mentioned light and shadow is not that good. However, i think my result will be more usefull in web-interface as an element of a web-design (just a thought).
    I like the video example provided by Arshes Nei, what do you think about it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep i watched it before making this thread and i still watch it for help

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is another attempt i currently working on please critize!

this is not finished yet!

but need tips to improve it

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.