Forsaken: A Family Portrait UPDATE (critique needed!)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The concept behind this piece is basically that the King's, his secret mistress, who happens to be from a rival nation, and his illegitimate son have been caught and killed for treason. The king tried to keep his second family a secret (which is why you cannot see all of his face in the portrait) but his mistress wanted her son to be the heir, and her meddling got them caught. I inted to have cracked glass and blood splatters on the portrait, but first I need to have the portrait itself done perfectly.

I thought it would be a good idea to post this here for some feedback before I go move on with this piece. It's taken long enough to get it to this point without me having to fix something every two and a half seconds. I've been having trouble with ther right arm, I can tell already that its too short (actually ALL they're right arms are pretty crap right now lol) , but if there is anything else you can spot that needs fine-tuning, please don't hesitate to tell me. I don't see anything wrong, and that's not a good thing, because there's ALWAYS something wrong, haha. any critique would be welcome, thank you.

oh, and the red anemones mean "Forsaken" (they also mean anticipation, which serve the theme as well). They are there for a reason, but of course i'll spruce 'em up. its just sketchy for color selection purposes

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Miss_Clockworks; January 7th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.