Sketchbook: My sketchy book of stuffs! - Page 4

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work has gotten a lot better since the start, your lines are starting to look more forceful and dynamic and less hairy, and the colors and style is better. I'd recommend some slightly longer studies in life drawing concentrating on how volume in the body works. Also since you're studying classical animation read Richard Williams' "The Animators Survival Kit". It's the best book on the subject of classical animation in my opinion.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ccs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aronjs: Thank you!
    Ccs: thanks for the words, and i been having that book for a few years now

heres a few of last weeks lifedrawing...and was gonna post some more lifedrawigns and stuff from character design class but attachment manager is acting wonky all of a sudden D: ill post the rest later!

Attached Images Attached Images                              

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really cool stuff! Keep up the good work!

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wooden mango For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your gestures are really lively and full of motion. You do so many gestures too, which is great! Very nice update!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aresa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome gestures, love em.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooden mango, Aresa, AlexTooth; thank you´s!

just some doodles, trying to get into the mood, feels like my brain shut down when springbreak started and i wanted to draw alot this week grr....

and the last sketches is some rough ideas for this weeks chow, royal wedding...ill see if i can get some ideas for a man for her too x)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ideas for chow, some random doodles of my oc´s, and some rock studies at the beach...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice character designs! your figure work is also impressive, no lie! great work! =]

You working hard or hardly working?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dante Philippe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving it. Very inspiring stuff.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to <3. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dante Philippe, < 3 . : thank you so much for your kind words!

hmm i thought i uploaded these yesterday but i guess something went wrong :o hope i didnt post it somewhere else o.O

anywho...heres some lifedrawings from this week and some character poses....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like your doing good drawings although some of them seem rushed. I know these are life drawings but sometimes you'll need to exxagerate the forms if the angle you are looking at is not "popping" for you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some damn fine improvement. you're making me jealous. lol

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cout<mecha: thank you for pointing that out, hadnt really thought of it that way. this week i tried not to rush it as much!
    Jeff Bartzis: thanks! you really think so? That means alot ! im trying to push myself but i cant see any improvements myself, it just feels like im degrading every day gfdshgiufg

only a bunch of lifedrawing from this week, nothing fun...ugh..i tried not to ruchs these as it seems i have done before, i tried to take a moment and think of what i am doing...dunno if theres any better or not, my lifedrawings feels so stiff and bleh...bleh...
    lol sorry for notes that makes no sense on some of them x)

but, i just borrowed me a book of vilppu, see if he can help me improve... i know he has some awesome videos but i dont know where to get a hold of them D:

27. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so i was browsing thru sketchbooks earlier today and saw someone posting this list of noses that could be nice to study for a variety of noses, so i decided it would be a good practice...'

but i did 5 of each, thought it be good for variety of ups and downs and sideviews and front...gawd noses is sooooo hard
    but ima gonna continue this, it was fun too, next ill be digging up photos of friends and draw their noses

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are cool noses! Which ones are the black ones? I haven't seen too many of nose around! Ha!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A nice nose studies ~ should do something like it as I get stuck into doing the same two or three over and over again ~ but you got a nice flow of line, probably due to the animation school or well preference -

As for gender.
    The women I know that paint claim to have it easier with women and a hard time with painting/drawing guys.
    With the guys it's a bit more complex, for one in life drawing classes women are more common and there is often a obsessions with the female form, but we do seem to do some types girls/women worse in general.

Either way the creations are different - and I'm just drawing from a rather limited experience in my assumptions ~ but it's probably just easier to draw yourself opposed to what's different (I see myself in most of my characters which is annoying, doesn't help that I ref myself using a mirror often).

Also just in general - wonderful studies and nice character designs and you manage to give them life through their motions ~ something I really should improve as I often make characters stiff and stale in comparison.

~ lite kärlek från Sverige.

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cout<mecha: here is the list "Draw the following noses into your notebooks from google images reference: Jackie Chan, Owen Wilson,
    Julia Roberts, Vigo Morgenstern, Alan Rickman, Telly Savalas, David Niven, Maria Bartiroma, Marilyn Monroe,
    and Dean Martin. Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle" then someone else added Jimmy Durante and Barbara Streisand so I did them too

dan liimatta: we actually do get a good variety of male and female lifedrawing models at school wich im very happy for, even if i still got a long way to go to learn to draw males more properly, it comes a little bit easier than before now och jag tackar så mycket för dom fina orden

heres some little odler stuff, well some weeks/a month old or so...except the colored pictured, a wip im working on but just cant seem to finish up

the other is from a character pack we had to draw for character design class, suppose to be our characters for the final film, but im still a bit unsure what to do wich kinda puts me in the panic boat ...
    anywho, i didnt have the bodyposes and expressions for the guy at home, they probably lying around at school somewhere x)

oh and its only a few weeks between i drew the girl and the guy yet there already is a huge style difference in them, so they dont really look like they belong together, bleh, but the style i draw them in now has changed again already hehe. theyre fairly new developed characters so theres still alot of work to do on them...

sorry for the wall of text D:

34. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello rumpenstiltzkin, very solid drawings! love the cartoony style (hmm.. I should try more of that) I like the figure studies a lot, very expressive and confident lines, I'm jealous, I wish I could do some live figure drawing , keep it up!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My own experience when I was in school (3d and not 2d) for the drawing classes we had we got one guy half the time and then a new girl for every other. So we got to experience almost every type of female form but the same guy again and again. I was grateful for him showing up and he was a good model as there simply wasn't any other male alternatives around (Small town in Sweden).

Had the same when I went to this place in Amsterdam actually - 90% of the models were female - and there it meant 90% of the time as well. At the company we also hired models after hours for some sessions of our own (most of the concept artists and a few others) it was all female (but we only did it 10 times or so during the 2 years I was there).

& A nice update - It's strange how little I like modelling poses (for almost any character) and how much I like it when characters are posed like in all but the first row.

EDIT: And aye there is a nice progression from the first to the 2nd character, o lycka till med filmen

38. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, so mych neat stuff in your sketchbook, I love it.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that last page with all the expressions, looking so alive! You've got great gesture in your characters and in the figure studies as well, cool stuff. My crit for you today though is that you can put more sensitivity in your linework, it appears as if you go over the same line several times and i think you don't need to do that. So there you go.
    Thanks for coming over to my sketchbook btw, very much appreciated

42. The Following User Says Thank You to walnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your life drawings are fantastic! I like how simple they look, the pose is always very clear. I think your character drawings could take a lesson from your life drawings, they don't have the same clear line of action and energy. Your expressions are great, the drunk one's hilarious

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MrChow: thank you very much ! when i cant do live studies i usually gather a loot of nude photos in a folder and slideshow them for 30 sec/2 min/ 5min for practice...not quite the same, but its good practice x)

dan liimatta: tackar tackar återigen
    and, then you where more lucky than me when i went to 3D (also in sweden) x) we never had a male model, only the same female every damn time x) we had one other actually when the model was sick once hehe... so coming to vancouver and having so much variaety in models twice a week felt soooo awesome

:Conniekat8:thank you so much!

walnut hey thanks for visiting and youre very much welcome, your sketchbook rocks man!
    and thanks for the crit, i think the thing with the linework is my weakness, ima gonna think about that for next time!

Vertical thank you for pointing that out, i will try work on that D:

heres just a few sketches...a classmate asked me for some reason to help him drawing heads, and it lead to we deciding drawing a bunch of heads everyday, started yesterday
    it was fun, think for today ima gonna draw from photos tho instead of imaginary heads x)
    the first one on the left is some sort of selfcaricature/portrait hehe x)

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My last comment might have been worded kinda harsh, sorry. You totally fixed the problem in this last post, the poses feel so much more alive! They're not all straight up and down anymore, great job! The heads look really nice too.

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What 3D school did you go to? (SOFE here, it's probably gone now but) - there were 2 others when I checked last - the one up in the north some friends went to and the one in Malmö or Gtb (can't remember) was started by a friend from SOFE

And could be more ofc - and smaller ones (I know there was a 1 year course in STHML as well).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dan liimatta View Post
    What 3D school did you go to? (SOFE here, it's probably gone now but) - there were 2 others when I checked last - the one up in the north some friends went to and the one in Malmö or Gtb (can't remember) was started by a friend from SOFE

And could be more ofc - and smaller ones (I know there was a 1 year course in STHML as well).
    ooh, when did you go to SOFE? my boyfriend was a teacher there for some years.
    i went to Gamemaker, wasnt to happy with it, was very close to jump over to Sofe instead when i met my bf hehe x) i was there a few times.
    But yeh, its sad but SOFE closed down some year ago, i think it was a good school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, i love your character work. Everything i saw here was great. keep posting please !!!!!

Leben ist die Kunst, aus falschen Voraussetzungen richtige Schlüsse zu ziehen

NEW SKETCHBOOK

Old Sketchbook

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachnir For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2004-2006.

Mina lärare var Mats och Hampus - vet att Kostas från min klass tog över efter Hampus - sen tror jag att Mats lämnande och en eller flera 05or blev lärare också.

Men om det inte var de första tre har jag ingen aning - om det var en av de 3 häsla från mig (Dan) (och sen fanns det Henry och programmerings lärarna när jag var där - och de senare kan jag nästan inget om).

53. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Work! I love your character designs.

I went to VFS as well, took the same program your in, Classical Animation. It was fun and I learned allot.

Keep working hard!

Quinn

55. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinn Simoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

57. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 21