Sketchbook: My sketchy book of stuffs! - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dan liimatta: ah okej, kostas har jag träffat men inte dom andra, min pojkvän heter stefan, vet inte riktigt när han startade som lärare men tror han nämnde att han vart där sen 04a, hoppade av nåt år o kom tillbaka. inte helt säker dock, får fråga hehe x)

Quinn Simoes: thank you! and thanks so much for visiting my SB
    classical animation has taught me alot and i love it, unfortunateley its nothing im very strong in x) but im probably gonna focus more on flash animation when i get back home
    what class where you in? would be fun seeing your final film if its still viewable?

Jeff Bartzis:

heres some more lifedrawing, the woman is from last week, and the rest from wednesday...i feel im slightly getting somewhere from the last 2 classes...i started (trying) to exaggerate more, and my teacher came to me really liking it...
    the rest is me sketching on ideas for my film, i feel like im faling behind, everyone in class seems to have an idea of what they wanna do, an im jsut stuck D:
    and the watercolor was fun, i should do it more x)

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sketches and stuff from sundays lifedrawing ( i love the extra sunday lifedrawings we get at school )
    i have more but my camera is dead and it takes forever to scan one and one of these (papers is huge ><) so this will do till i get new batteries... i feel like im starting to get it more and more now (the lifedrawings that is) and it starts to help me alot for when just doodling as well, some things is coming easier to me and i love it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice wprk man

Caribbean 3d Junkie..respect to God
    He in one blood he and Eye

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsorbenGhost For This Useful Post:

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not much to say. Just noticing that you are getting some good personality into your characters these days. Tray to keep the cartooniness out of your classic studies I would suggest. Cool stuff man!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting to see, that you are using much of your own style in the studies. That makes cool dynamic lines, but try not miss the point about doing these. Knowing the real thing will make your abstract style much better - but that will not work vice versa. But you have everything here to become a good artist - keep it up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaMetzger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Kan inte placera namnet - om han är programmerare så kanske han var en av de som startade o slutade direkt 04 ~ men tyvärr.

Sköna kroki övningar föresten - gillar volymen i dina människor. (mina är oftast platta )

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!

I'm really loving the recent life drawings you've been doing. Nice and dynamic lines. Gives your figures so much movement and fluidity. I like that you exaggerated them a little too. With your life drawings, have you have tried using a bigger medium, like charcoal? Try experimenting with those! They can give you some really interesting results. (Which I need to do as well, haha) Your personal stuff is very fun as always. I love the expressions your characters have. Awesome work so far! Keep it up!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aresa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AbsorbenGhost: thanks!
    cout<mecha, Valyavande: thank you guys! hmm im not trying to make my studies cartoony, just trying to exaggerate what i see, and it has helped me alot seeing things. but im gonna try do some more "real" lifedrawings as well :o
    dan liimatta: tackar tackar, verkar få lite blandad feedback på senaste krokierna x)
    men han verkar veta vem du är, men han började jobba där precis efter 04 verkar det som
    Aresa: cheers, thank you we have done some various type of lifedrawings, charcoal and conte and what its all is called, not a big fan really altho i know its good practising and just feeling what other mediums is out there

anyways, heres some older lifedrawings, and some sketches and stuff!
    seems we have no more lifedrawing classes, bohooo, gonna try sneak into some other classes lifedrawing x)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh - nu känner jag mig skyldig - kommer inte ihåg namnet på programmeraren som fick tandverk - kanske var han :&

& Kroki är lite svårt - så mycket av den varan - men gillar hur det ser ut för dig, och jag känner mig alltid skyldig då jag så sällan har gåt på kroki

& Gillar demon tjejen med hjärtat i bröstet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello rumpenstiltzkin!
    First of all thank you for looking at my sketchbook and coming back and comment on my stuff!

I like your sketchbook! I meant to comment earlier but only now I find the time to finally do it.

I really like your life drawings! When I look at them they make me want to draw too, lol.
    And I like the character from post (I think first post of her was 80+ 89/107) 121!

Sorry that I don't have any advice or critique the only thing I can say is keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dan liimatta: han var ingen programmerare dock, mer techincal artist lr nåt åt det hållet heh, men men
    tackar igen ^^ nu börjar det långsamt ta slu-t på kroki för oss dock, börjar med våran final film nu så bara 4 ggr till med kroki men tur e om man har tid får man alltid smyga in på andra klassers kroki hehe.

InvisibleQuail: hey thanks for checking in and thanks for the comments, glad you like that chara, as im gonna use her alot in the future. she´s the main in my animation final film

anywho, i dont have so much this time, just sat down today and did some color tests on some panels from my storyboard, i would very much like to hear your thoughts on color and composition and whatever things you can get out of the little you get to see from these!
    nothing is final yet, i have alot of tweaking to do but im pretty happy with the colors and the mood they give...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those tests are great. The remind me of some mixed-media I saw in college, used vibrant colors with paper to block of sections and make an image. I like that there is so much color in there. Very nice.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

22. The Following User Says Thank You to masterpug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah, I havent been here in a while. Great stuff rumpenstiltzkin!! Im absolutely loving the life drawings. The colour studies are awesome too.
    Keep it up

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for nice words in my SB!
    I love your gestures and sketches - so dynamic and emotional! We'll see great animator in a year ))

26. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    masterpug: thank you so much!
    Jeff Bartzis: hey, cheers for coming back and thank you!
    in2eternity thank you!

here is some small updates, not much really sorry but im having lifedrawing on fridayand sunday so next week ill post some more!

here is just my main chara for the film and i made some minor changes to the previous moodboard... more changes to be done tho but these seemed to got a pretty much good feedback at the presentation day so im relieved x)

now i just need to come up with a title for my film too ...i hate coming up with titles =/

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, i like your style! And pose on the last one is great )

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Zolerit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you Zolerit!

here is from todays lifedrawing session...model was late so we all had to do some 30sec and 2min poses, man its hard to draw people wiht clothes ...
    the rest is not in order 30sec, 2 and 5 min poses.

i have more from friday but i got so much work and is so tired ill have to photo them and post them later on

32. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool updates! keep em coming!!! Im still a big fan of the lifedrawings, but keep the digi stuff coming too when possible please.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As ever, the style and flow of the lines on these are amazing. Gives them a real feel, like they are alive.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

36. The Following User Says Thank You to masterpug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, these blue pencil sketches are very cool! Nice dynamics. Also i must say that you have made some nice progress since first post. Keep it up man

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ros1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jeff Bartzis: thanks! not so much time to sit and draw digitally nowadays, but there will be a little bit more as i try to draw concept for the film if i got time, most stuff is pencil and paper tho :p

masterpug thank you!

Ros1: cheers, thanks so much!

had a couple of really bad lifedrawing sessions so not much new of that to show
    working on some new turnarounds for my characters for the film and i tried to improv the colored panels from a previous post...
    also, the rest of the character designs can be seen in an older post here if youre interested, at least i think and hope i improved since then x)

please tell me what you think of the colored ones, i really wish to try to keep that graphic style in the final film too but a bit unsure what and how to do with the characters, if i should have a strong outline or try to have colored lines...

also..anyone know how the heck to do rain and puddles? just looks horrible no matter how i try

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, great sketchbook, you´re doing an excellent work with poses. Everything looks fine here, maybe i´d like to see you taking more risk in character design, going a bit away of the generic kind of characters. I liked this one a lot, at the begginning of your SB
    keep working good!!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really do prefer the new colours, not that the old were bad - and the bottom left image is really nice and moody.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love how the life drawings become more confident and powerful as your sketchbook progresses!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to PsiBug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry, only some boring lifedrawings this time...and i dunno, i feel like im getting worse, i just dont know what im doing sometimes...uff...
    not in order; 30secs, 2 mins and 5 mins...

thanks so much for watching, ill reply next time, headache, shit going on in life, yadda yadda ...
    love you guys for commenting and/or just checking in here!!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think they are fine - and I believe that we often fool ourselves as we are slowly getting better & as our vision seems to improve faster than our skill - so we see our own work as worse than it is as you relate to what you want to be able to do but can't as your skills sometimes/often lag behind.

Just look at your first page and then your last page & your latest set of life drawings are better than I've ever done when it comes to the subject - I do crave to have the lines you sprout and the life you bring to them (I'm not saying I'm worse in painting or with creatures etc, but in this I really am).

The end line is that you have been improving a great deal for some time now, and even if you had a bad day, or week, or even month - just try to ignore it as you have been running upwards with great speed for some time now -[edit: remoed something redundant]

Or rather enjoy your "failings"

& Allow yourself to accept the frustrating feeling and just see it as a sign that your current vision is greater than your current skill.

Last edited by dan liimatta; July 30th, 2011 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Man sometimes I just write like I'm retarded.

50. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful works, beautiful gestures)))

52. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pfft, boring lifedrawing?
    your lifedrawing is full of life and not boring at all. Keep going, sooner or later it wont be so easy to drop into lifedrawing classes anymore.
    :p
    Keep yer chin up.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice life drawings! Its great to see you doing lots of those. Do you have Adam Rogers for a life drawing instructor?

I was in Class 24, that was a long time ago, ha ha, 1999 I think.

Keep up the hard work!

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinn Simoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there
    Cool stuff you have in your thread here. I especially like the life drawings. They've got a great sense of weight and rythm to them. Well done! Also, the sheer number of them is impressive. And makes me wanna go life drawing now... And they really do get better with each post.
    The character designs are nice as well. But they seem a bit stiff, compared to the life drawings. Maybe it's because of the uniform lineweight. However, I really like how the character looks in this one. Maybe you should go for that look. Without using contours.
    Regardless, keep up the good work! And keep having fun

When in doubt, run and shout.

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!

58. The Following User Says Thank You to Windmaker For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast