Sketchbook: My sketchy book of stuffs! - Page 17
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My sketchy book of stuffs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the new style stuff! Loving those curvy legs. The first 3 are great, not as much of a fan of the warrior; he feels stiffer/blockier, doesn't have the same great flow the rest have. =)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

iven is offline Animator/ Eco-artist/ Caricaturist Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, I really like your stuff, nice animations specially the candle one
    with the smoke, BANG.

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ambiguity: thank you, glad you like it
    Flaskpost: Tackar och bockar!
    in2eternity: thanks, happy you like them ^^ i really should do more animations, i feel like such a slacker :/
    catukas: thanks!
    Valyavande: Thank you! i had so much fun on the redesign Man, the job is great, im loving every second of it, and i got an extra month, and its been so busy busy, animated most the time but all animations are finished now, so i been helping out with other graphics and art needed too!
    Revidescent: thank you! ah, not sure how to make the guy feel as flowy as the others but then im always been more comfortable with female curves hehe x) gotta work on that !
    iven: cheers, glad you like!

so yeh, thanks for stopping by you guys i havent been posting in a while, been busy at work and so tired when coming home i barely drawn anything of my own since i started D: cant really complain tho, work is great! I been animating alot! and its been so much fun, and lately i just been helping out with various art needed!

But here is some stuff, the first 1 are just some sketchy fun, the other colored ones are all commissions I took recently to try fund my cats vetbill.
    Ill try get some life drawings scanned for next time

Name:  potionmerchant.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  131.4 KB
    Name:  awesome-ersauce.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  202.8 KB
    Name:  shayku.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  166.1 KB
    Name:  yanko.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  180.9 KB
    Name:  Valravna2.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  97.8 KB
    Name:  Valravna1.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  99.5 KB
    Name:  edf_com.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  110.9 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey fellow, just stopped by to say that I like those new images with bold line and rough fills. Pretty refreshing to your original cell shaded style with thin outlines. I reed you struggling with more polished rendering. Thought since you have natural sense for cell shading you may want to try continuously adding more and more cells with tonal variation to build values and blend them later. Just an idea. Sorry if I misunderstood something Keep on posting!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jr.Molcak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaa so much characters
    you can clearly see how your designs and gestures are improving!
    just dont forget keep hitting the basics exercises as well!

5 stars from me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jr.Molcak: hey, thanks for stoping by! i should definetly try that method! thanks for the tip.
    Aragah: thanks! yeh the basics...sigh, its in the back of my head constantly, can only blame lazyness not doing it enough lately :/

warning incoming wall of texts D:

yeh so i neglected this place for a while, mostly because i hate posting my stupid art without having any good studies to show as well!
    i do live figure drawing about every second monday, but i should really do it everyday online i just lost alot of motivation or something, i dont even know what i lost, but i just dont push myself so much anymore. i dont know if i should just keep drawing even if i feel it doesnt give me anything, or just wait for it to come back, so far nothing seems to be working nggh ><

and i had work for 2 months, it was awesome stuff! i got to do animation for the most part, cant show you guys yet, the game will be released around christmas i think, then i finally can show you some animation
    so now i been without work for about a month, trying to teach myself 3dsmax ´caus that is what the guys use at the company i worked at. And i will get back to work there at january 1st! so that feels awesome, and it will be a little bit of everything i think, learning 3D more indepth, mostly animation but alot of other stuff too!

So things are turning out for the better, which is nice caus i jsut had the suckiest week evr, my cat fell ill last saturday, i took him to the vet on monday and it turned out he has a chronical kidney disease and had to spend 2 nights at the animal hospital :/ brought him back home on wednesday, he seemed better, but already next was ill again and i had to bring him back to the vet, where he had to spend another 2 nights
    Now ive had him home for 2 days and so far so good, but he have to live ona special diet and i have to be careful with what junk he might find to eat.

yea so i just been really stressed out, and it was yesterday i was told that i could come work in january again, so it felt awesome after all the bad stuff!

and im sorry for the wall of text hehe, just havent been so active lately and this is all why D: will look up all you guys sketchbooks again in the coming days!

but, here i got a few drawings to post while im trying to deal with my stupid self x)

Name:  ulfbertil_small.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  157.2 KB
    Name:  mana.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  chardoodles.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  197.9 KB
    Name:  sylvanas.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  148.9 KB
    Name:  iko_ripley.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  298.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update, and grats on getting more work!

I love the lady in the second image; both poses have a great gesture, and I really like he hair shape. Like the Sylvanas, too; I think the ridiculous WoW armor looks nice in your curvy style.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff, love the style

Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com | Sketchbook | CG Hub | Blog

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really hope your kitty will be okay. I had a less funny Christmas - New Year holiday some years ago (two I think?), when one of my two kitties, got some serious epileptic seizures. I've never experienced anything more frightening and I hope he never gets them again. It got so bad that I had to take him to the vet where he spent the night. Afterwards, it seems as he contracted something and infected his sister with it. He got better, she started vomiting blood mixed vomit, and got diarrhea. So about five days after he had stayed at the vet, it was her turn, and she was so scared during the trip there, she peed herself (she had never done that before, and I felt like the worst pet owner in history). That was one heck of an expensive Christmas, both financially and emotionally, and I never wish to experience anything even remotely like that again. Give your cat a pat and a hug from me!

But that was not what I was going to say (sorry for the kitty rant), I was going to say that I love the life and dynamic in your style, and it's what I desperately need in my own work. Keep up with the realistic studies as well, 'cause they improve your already great comic style.

P.s. Jag hoppas du inte tappar motivationen att teckna, vet hur jobbigt det är när man inte orkar/kan/vill p.g.a. olika omständigheter. Jag håller själv på att lära mig från grunden att teckna...igen.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PollyBoffin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really appreciate the line quality in all your posts. The nature of your work reminds me strongly of a character animator portfolio in its depiction of form and gesture. Great work! Keep on postin.

SB

What's taters precious? Po - tay - toes!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to magicpudding For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very unique illustrations! Keep posting)

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

Помогите c активностью форуму-скетчбуку mentalant.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Rev, Veshkau, n1frit!
    magicpudding: thanks for the sweet words!
    PollyBoffin: aw man give your babies a big hug from me, what a nightmare thanks for stopping by and for the nice words, means alot! ska piska mej själv o göra mer på studier ><

so uhm yeh, my "sketchy book of slackiness" aint lying, sigh... i really dont know what happened to me, and when, but slowly my interest in keep learning and keep lifedrawing vanished and i cant get a grasp of it again.
    i try to do digital and traditional studies but i just do it half-assed and no real motivation into it therefor i got no studies to show, so its to my greatest shame im posting these artsy fartsy things without any studies to go along

but at least im game at work, im kinda into all the animating and having fun with it and i get inspiritation to draw alot but as soon as i get home its like entering a whole other world, i just entering this state of lifeless, depressing -i-dont-give-afuck-in-the-whole-world ><

bwah! what is wrong with me D:

Name:  manditemp.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  256.5 KB
    Name:  animA.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  246.9 KB
    Name:  anima_rogue.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  272.0 KB
    Name:  mana_kimono.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  123.0 KB
    Name:  IDZeroNo01.jpg
Size:  120.0 KB
    Name:  birdskip02.jpg
Size:  223.6 KB
    Name:  bmo_tan.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  157.4 KB
    Name:  electric-fireflies.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  137.0 KB
    Name:  doktortemp.jpg
Size:  141.1 KB
    Name:  redesign_shiz.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  277.9 KB
    Name:  redesign_nikki.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  205.4 KB
    Name:  playwithstyle2.jpg
Size:  220.0 KB
    Name:  rgb_stuff.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  86.0 KB
    Name:  mana.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  132.2 KB

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a very cool style. I like a lot of your characters & model sheets you posted above.

I know what you mean about losing inspiration, when I worked at a game studio I pretty much lost all my art inspiration and I couldn't understand it. Although it's starting to come back now that I'm not doing art full time - anyway it's good you are still keeping up in your freetime, keep working and your passion will catch up!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Wholewheat_keyboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, just read your two posts about losing inspiration/motivation. Stuff like this happens and sometimes we should stop and feel it for a while. I don't know if something stressful has been happening lately, but from experience, when there are things in the outer world that puts a lot of pressure on us or creates a lot of stress for us, the internal world falls. I have had the same thoughts and feelings as you describe and I think a lot of artists do! sometimes it's just temporary and all it takes is some new motivation. Maybe a small weekend trip or a hangout with some buddies that make you remember how good stuff can be. In short, some new inspiration and environment! This is just the general lack of motivation that we all feel now and then. Other times though, it goes deeper.

I used to think that "fuck it, this depressing shit isn't for me. I'll just draw it away" and in the end it just made it worse. That's being dishonnest to yourself. Something inside you needs your attention, otherwise you wouldn't have the feelings you're having. And I'd put away my pencil for a while and try to listen. I had to take a time-out for almost a year and a half to figure things out. I did only draw when I really felt like it, otherwise I didn't.

I don't think you should force yourself into anything draw because it's fun and because you want to. Not because you're supposed to or because your sketchbook tells you to. I can tell already that you're putting a lot of pressure on you. You wrote that you think it's a great shame you can't add any studies with your update. That's what I mean! that's a lot of pressure right there! telling yourself that what you do isn't good enough if you don't add studies. Tell you what, it is good enough. Fuck the studies. They're not so important that they should cause stress or make you feel unworthy of updating if you don't have them.

I understand where it comes from. That mentality is bred a lot here on the forums. "Oh I have to study so much and update with this and that and show how productive and developing I am!" .. slow down. Studies are important, but your emotions and needs are more important.

To me it sounds like you're putting a lot of weight on yourself and that it causes stress. I would suggest a time-out where you relax as best as you can and listen to yourself. And if you get some nagging voice inside your head "can't...relax.. must.. keep.. on..working" or similar, that's important! it says something about yourself. Maybe you have some unhealthy belifes you need to let go of.

Wish you the best I really hope things get better and that you get the time to find what you need. And please show more of your stuff, regardless if it's studies or not.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks so much you guys!
    i kinda got a kick in the butt with your words and made me realise just how stupid it is to stress to much to get to many studies down or force myself to draw. i been really down, depressed, angsty over myself to force myself drawing lately so im gonna take a break and get back when drawing comes back to me and i can enjoy both drawing from mind and having fun with studies again.

ill be staying away from art forums as well for a time, i feel like i just need to take a break from it all, focus on gettings things working IRL, just moved, making things work financially too ugh, and have a funeral next week to go to :/

love you guys, see you again soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you feel better soon! Just enjoy your life. Come back whenever you feel like it. This shouldn't be place you stop by because you feel you should do it. If people enjoy your stuff, they enjoy it because it is full of life and very dynamic. And if they don't enjoy it because there are no studies, they should just go to another sketchbook. Don't think to much of how people around here react. Make sure, that the things you do feel right for you. That's all that matters. Enjoy your break =)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaMetzger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I get into that blah mood I try to remind myself why I love drawing. One of my favorite things is to draw with my niece (she's 6 now and loves to draw!!). Drawing silly crayon unicorns and magic fish with her, and her thinking I'm some kind of art sorcerer just charges me right up!

Do something fun and stupid. If you have your younger work- look at what you used to draw then, and how much fun it was. Do some more of that. You can always learn more later. There's no time line once you have a job lol.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

iven is offline Animator/ Eco-artist/ Caricaturist Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your stuff the body language is very well done, specially the girl
    with the cigaret which looks at you looks soo good the way it stands #486.
    And of course aaaal the other dudes, the guy sitting with the iphone is
    great too.

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

34. The Following User Says Thank You to iven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you come back soon! I always enjoy checking out your stuff. The last several posts seem like they've got a really strong, really consistent style. Seemed like you were really in your element! so many different characters, so many good illustrations!

But it will come back to you soon, I'm sure! And I look forward to seeing more stuff then.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PeopleEveryday For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    them childgiving birth hips remind me of wakfu. Umm, i think you should really, really, do some realistic stuff, because your flats have this kind of shading that doesnt give a sense of depth, or it makes their features abit distorted. I love how loose and bold the lines are, as well as great gestures. I blame the lack of motivation on the swedish weather, and maybe because its a pretty isolated country with not a lot happening.

My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

38. The Following User Says Thank You to LoudLikeNature For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool characters

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Setherial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha! Such cool style!
    especially digging the dude from Brink and the TF2 fem-Heavy and no-ski Spy (now I miss tf2 haha! )
    Love to see more

I'll be here with the Daggers for the rest of my art journey.
    Keep pushing people, let us be great together-!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to smrrfette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a very good style in drawing. Your works reminds me of Avatar and I love its artwork. I specially like the mini people you draw in your fist few posts.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to lanotdesign For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again!

Thanks so much for you encouraging words and taking your time to come by here! It means alot that some enjoys my work and it gives that little extra to keep pushing myself as well

I had almost prepared myself to not draw again for ages, downloaded some games and just got lost in that for a bit but then on my way to work in the mornings I got a sudden inspiration kick, some new characters and story popped up and they wouldn't let me be so i had to start drawing them and it kinda got me going! Enjoying drawing again but still not enough to get me to do studies, im just putting them on a break for now. I did squeeze in some lifedrawings! Still doing that every second monday.

I will reply to all you guys next time, just about to leave for my moms birthday!

Name:  adella_alecs.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  417.0 KB
    Name:  starla_100.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  156.8 KB
    Name:  moghan.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  123.6 KB
    Name:  elai.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  104.3 KB
    Name:  starla.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  250.0 KB
    Name:  moghan.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  134.9 KB
    Name:  lifedrawing_jan_feb.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  171.8 KB
    Name:  heights.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  147.6 KB
    Name:  evolution_lock.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  195.0 KB
    Name:  adella_faces2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  225.8 KB
    Name:  adella_faces.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  133.8 KB
    Name:  tintin.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  157.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tin tin!

I've had a look through this sketchbook & your characters are coming along well, especially the life drawing stuff. Don't beat yourself up too much, we all get art slumps from time to time. Hell, I get 'em a lot! I keep reminding myself that there is a world outside of drawing all the time and that experiencing things and simply chilling out also contribute to your artistic progress.

Keep it up and don't forget to kick back once in a while.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceJelly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by in my sketchbook! You have a very lovely style I must say, and great improvement throughout the pages. Keep it up! ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

animation stuff!

Lhune: Thank you!
    SpaceJelly: Hey thanks for the encouraging words! and cheers for stopping by ^^
    lanotdesign: Thank you! Avatar is one of my many big inspirations, so most likely being a bit influenced by that without even thinking ^^
    smrrfette: Thank you so much, glad you like them! All the TF2 is commissions, i dont play the game myself, just not my type of game And not sure what Brink is? Theyre all TF2
    Setherial: Thank you!
    LoudLikeNature: Thanks for the crits! Im usually doing more studies just taking a break and having fun atm, as studies kind of drove me into depression for a while and i need a break and remember why i love drawing! Ill get back to it for sure, just taking it slowly ^^ Ill try to not make my shadows so flat tho!
    And i dont know, we had some great sunny weather lately i actually been feeling alot better last weeks with the sun and not so dark afternoons anymore Thanks for stopping by!
    PeopleEveryday: Thanks so much for the kind words and support! It means alot!
    iven: Thank you! Glad that you like her, she one of my own favorite characters, i should really draw her more often ^^
    Rhubix: Thank you, and yes, I really needed to remind myself why I draw and what I love about it! It has slowly gotten back to me and i enjoy drawing and dont need to force it, still taking a bit slow with studies, they'll come eventually
    Valyavande: Thank you, its very true, and encouraging words!

Thank you so much you guys for your very kind and helpful and encouraging words! Sometimes it takes months, sometimes not just that long, I got a pinch of inspiration one day and just started having fun drawing again!

Here is a batch of commissions Ive done lately to try and survive the month!
    And also a trailer of the game I been working on for iphone and other istuffs! I animated Finn and Jake and did some boss and mosnter art and other things a bit here and there, its was so much fun working on an adventure time game!
    The game is out now for the US only, but it will eventually be released for EU as well, they just need to translate to different bunch of languages first...like european dont know english! D:

Name:  pyro_spy_small.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  129.1 KB
    Name:  warforged_small.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  145.2 KB
    Name:  friends01.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  117.1 KB
    Name:  heron_small.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  104.7 KB
    Name:  erosindra_small.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  186.5 KB
    Name:  erosindra2_small.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  162.8 KB

50. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great to see that you're still posting! Hope the inspiration keeps running, cause when it does you come up with some good characters. Keep it up!

52. The Following User Says Thank You to walnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm glad to see your back in the game - I hate those blah times, so lame!
    sometimes it really pays to step back for a while though- you get back all charged and ready to go!
    I really like Adella -her hair is just the cutest. and the Frog-a-corn.
    Happy sketching

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving your costume designs, especially this one.. http://www.conceptart.org/attachment...5&d=1358200311

more please!

Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com | Sketchbook | CG Hub | Blog

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 119