Thread: post your tats

Thanks

post your tats

PLEASE: SHOW 'EM IF YA GOT 'EM!

If you have a tattoo I would LOVE to see it. (NO I'm not wanting to steal your idea) I have one but it's not great, I want something artistic and cool and that I drew or that I find inspires me for the next one...

I always wonder.... do artists always design their own? shouldn't they? I did design mine but my tattoo dude said it was too delicate and intricate... so I let him change it to what he thought would work. I should have just punched him in the face instead.
    Half of the failures in life come from pulling one's horse when he is leaping.
    Thomas Hood

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Haven't seen a lot of tattoo stuff around here, except for this memorable thread: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113158

I'm not saying you were asking for free work =p , but I've seen many tattoo-related threads dwindle and die with little response in the lounge =)

Thanks
    aahhh. I just wanted to see some cool artist tattoos, I can google, but I was more interested in what this community might sport.

I thought these were fascinating which is what got me to thinking about it:

post your tats

This one doesn't look real, but if it is then I am amazed at it:
    post your tats

This image just rocks (the chick walking down the street and the old guys face)

http://coolpics.911mb.com/galleries-...ecoration2.php
    Thomas Hood

Thanks
    Somone used one of my pictures as a tattoo. I'm put off getting any tattoos myself a/through financial thrift, b/because I can't guarantee I'll still want any given image in a month's time, let alone ten or twenty years, and c/ because of the annoying buzzy noise and the slight sting involved with the process.

There are some amusing videos of bad tattoos on youtube including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w59KMMEtuzs (Actually some of these are quite good).

By the way the lower image you posted seems not to be real, as the 'tattoo' extends above his shoulder and doesn't morph around it. Also by the way, I've seen real tattoos at least that delicate and intricate, and it sounds like you need to find someone with a superior mastery of his craft.
    Last edited by dashinvaine; January 6th, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    I have a couple of tattoos I want, but might not get them, for much the same reasons as dashinvaine.

First is "γνῶθι σεαυτόν" on my wrist, means Know Thyself, and was on the archway at the Oracle at Delphi in Alexander the Great's time.

Second is three plain squares on my inner forearm.
    ■■■
    These have been used many places, by many people, including in Grief's artwork, and the basis of the elipses.
    Some of the meanings are:

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    My take on it is: same three repeated notes = "ellipsis" (...) meaning "time passing without much going on" or Stasis.

Square repeated notes = teeth, particularly skeletal teeth, or man-made, as in architecture or industrial procession.
    I like to think more along the lines of time passing, and the inevitability of death, but the continuance of life. It's hard to explain.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    seriously bad tattoos in that video! OMG some made me sick... that they will have that in twenty years, tell me they won't regret that YIKES. all the belly button bumhole ones are too gross for words, or coochie. sheesh.

Yowza; i like what you said most about the meaning, but the stasis thing or skeletal teeth: not so much.

i'd like to get one on my inner wrist of either something I need to think more about... or a piece from a Paul Klee painting.... or a beetle, i love bugs.
    Thomas Hood

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
    i'd like to get one on my inner wrist of either something I need to think more about... or a piece from a Paul Klee painting.... or a beetle, i love bugs.
    So every time you see your wrist you're like, "OMG EWW!!!" and flail your arm, and then realise the bug is a tattoo XD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowza View Post

First is "γνῶθι σεαυτόν" on my wrist, means Know Thyself, and was on the archway at the Oracle at Delphi in Alexander the Great's time.

Maybe a good idea would be to have your own name (or 'this is me') tattooed on you, so you can demonstrate that you know yourself!

Someone on DA had a tattoo saying 'Know Thy Self'. I doubt they appreciated it being pointed out that 'Thyself' should be all one word. Another rule for tattoos (when it comes to words) is 'know thy spelling and thy grammar'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot Wolfwhistle View Post
    So every time you see your wrist you're like, "OMG EWW!!!" and flail your arm, and then realise the bug is a tattoo XD
    I couldn't go out with this woman...

I'd be continually hitting her on the neck with a shoe. And that's no basis for a stable relationship.

Thanks
    post your tats

post your tats

Thanks
    Spider lady's tattoo is crazy.

I could never design myself a tattoo. I'd get it and then a year later go, "... MAN I COULD DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS NOW."

Then again, I gave myself a tattoo when I was about thirteen (OHGODWHY). It's small and inconspicuous and looks like a turnip. I have affection for it.
    What an overwhelming lesson to all artists! Be not afraid of absurdity; do not shrink from the fantastic. Within a dilemma, choose the most unheard-of, the most dangerous, solution. Be brave, be brave! - Isak Dinesen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    Spider lady's tattoo is crazy.

I could never design myself a tattoo. I'd get it and then a year later go, "... MAN I COULD DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS NOW."

Then again, I gave myself a tattoo when I was about thirteen (OHGODWHY). It's small and inconspicuous and looks like a turnip. I have affection for it.
    All this post needs is a picture
    You'd be the first person to make an on-topic post.

Also, this:
    post your tats

I love it.