Bohemian Zen is in the 1/10 Zuda competition with THE THUNDERCHICKENS!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yes, my little New Years surprise comes out today, as I’m finally able to announce that writer Chad Boudreau and myself have made it into the first Zuda competition of the new decade! We’d been working on this behind the scenes and had to keep the majority of it offline, but thankfully today we can open our big mouths and let everyone know. So check out the comic on Zuda.com by clicking the image above or the link below.

http://www.zudacomics.com/node/1664

Sign up, vote, and fave us, please. You don’t know what it means to us getting this far but we want to win this one.

Peace,
    3!LL

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm so sick of Zuda people coming into the lounge and posting their stuff. It's a contest. Don't expect to win. Try actual submissions or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    I'm so sick of Zuda people coming into the lounge and posting their stuff. It's a contest. Don't expect to win. Try actual submissions or something.
    Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Definitely do not want to offend, just want to get it in front of as many people who may enjoy it as is possible.

Have a great day. Hope someone makes that avatar of your's smile, it looks a bit grumpy.

3!LL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 3!LL View Post
    Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Definitely do not want to offend, just want to get it in front of as many people who may enjoy it as is possible.

Have a great day. Hope someone makes that avatar of your's smile, it looks a bit grumpy.

3!LL
    Oh, thank you. Yes, I've been kind of grumpy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tend to agree with Velderia. It's not as if the Zuda stuff is completely inappropriate on a forum like this, it's just the spammy nature of the competition. We're seeing more and more of the Zuda submissions here, and they usually feel less like an attempt to share some art (there are better sub forums for that) and start some discussion, and more like self advertising trying to drum up votes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do apologize. While I would be lying to say my interest isn't votes, I certainly don't wish to spam anyone. Maybe it would be better to say post some of the concept art in the art forum, with just a small link to the contest at the bottom?

3!LL

Thanks
    Thanked 5,525 Times in 3,719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We need a "I want your votes to win this competition" sub-forum.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think part of the problem is that Zuda doesn't really allow the competitors to post artwork or character designs that appear within their submissions on other forums or websites during the competition. I might have misread their contract, but that might be why they seem so spammy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3!LL, I'm certainly not blaming you. As I said, it's not that the posts are inappropriate taken one at a time. Each individual one is more or less fine. It's when we keep seeing the same kinds of posts from each person seeking to promote their entry.

I guess, if I was to make a suggestion, it would be to simply become an active member of the forum, participate as normal, but maybe keep a link in your signature for those who want to check it out. Even if you kept your comments to threads dealing with comics and you casually mentioned your Zuda entry- in context to the thread's topic, that would be an improvement. That is a lot more time intensive, but I think it would be seen in a more positive light. I think most people are more likely to support fellow artists that they "know" a little.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TL : DR version

Art is the opposite of advertising.

...Yeah, it is

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats man!! I am submitting to zuda soon and believe me when I get in the competition I'll post here too!! Haven't read or voted this month yet but yours definitely got some good art from what little I've seen.

I'm curious how long it took after you submitted until you were in the competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to say thank you to you guys for the support so far. They just released the first week's standings, and right now we're in first place, but it's not over yet!

http://zudacomics.com/competition/results

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wilson View Post
    3!LL, I'm certainly not blaming you. As I said, it's not that the posts are inappropriate taken one at a time. Each individual one is more or less fine. It's when we keep seeing the same kinds of posts from each person seeking to promote their entry.

I guess, if I was to make a suggestion, it would be to simply become an active member of the forum, participate as normal, but maybe keep a link in your signature for those who want to check it out. Even if you kept your comments to threads dealing with comics and you casually mentioned your Zuda entry- in context to the thread's topic, that would be an improvement. That is a lot more time intensive, but I think it would be seen in a more positive light. I think most people are more likely to support fellow artists that they "know" a little.
    I feel you there. And that's completely fair. I do have a bit of trouble keeping up with all the different boards, and frankly my creator owned P.O.D stuff I always tread lightly with the pimping. I have gone a bit overboard just because the scope of this is much bigger than any of my previos efforts. Appreciate the feedback man!

3!LL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually I think this contests can be good practice for someone who wants to make art for a living, you have to make the art, and you have to convince the mass that your work is the one, so the organizers realize your work is what the masses want... meaning that's what they (the organizers) want, because their purpose is to make shitloads of $$$$

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.