Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Color Wheel (Free!) Download

Thanks

Colorpicker

@Alpha Moth- Hmm use the color-tool and change to HSB ...then you don't have to open the colorpicker from the toolbar. You got the 4and backgroundcolor, can regulate the hue, saturation and it's easy to handle the brightness of a color...special for your question..:-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi all.
    Sorry that Painters Wheel doesn't work on CS3.
    I actually know there is a pathway to getting something working in CS3 but it would be work.
    Haven't really made a "mint" on donations to get me excited. I'd probably only pursue significant enhancements if I started charging a little money (like $5).
    Anyone interested in that? If you were gonna pay a little for it, what features would you want to see that would make it worth it?
    I can speed up the outer wheel as long as the responsiveness of Photoshop's color update is decreased (as it is with Anastasiy's latest version).
    I would love to make it very customized for the kind of painting we do here on conceptart.org. I consider this my "niche".
    Thanks for all the feedback!
    Boston Area Splinter Cell 36: Jushra | Vorp | Purb36 | PartialArtist

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vorp View Post
    Hi all.
    Sorry that Painters Wheel doesn't work on CS3.
    I actually know there is a pathway to getting something working in CS3 but it would be work.
    Haven't really made a "mint" on donations to get me excited. I'd probably only pursue significant enhancements if I started charging a little money (like $5).
    Anyone interested in that? If you were gonna pay a little for it, what features would you want to see that would make it worth it?
    I can speed up the outer wheel as long as the responsiveness of Photoshop's color update is decreased (as it is with Anastasiy's latest version).
    I would love to make it very customized for the kind of painting we do here on conceptart.org. I consider this my "niche".
    Thanks for all the feedback!
    I'd definitely pay to have that in CS3! (I was planning on waiting for CS5 to upgrade, and that's still a while to wait.)

I think 10 bucks would be even more fair than 5, and I'd be willing to pay more if it had more features (like showing you the difference between your current color and the swatch you're picking, like in Photoshop's default color selector). I find that especially useful, and it is one of the reasons why I prefer Photoshop's color selecting to Painters.

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirngibism View Post
    I'd definitely pay to have that in CS3! (I was planning on waiting for CS5 to upgrade, and that's still a while to wait.)

I think 10 bucks would be even more fair than 5, and I'd be willing to pay more if it had more features (like showing you the difference between your current color and the swatch you're picking, like in Photoshop's default color selector). I find that especially useful, and it is one of the reasons why I prefer Photoshop's color selecting to Painters.

Thanks so much!
    But you forget that Anastasya sells his, more compatible and faster version, for 7bucks, so there's some competition going on here.
    Website
    Contact - Quick and easy.
    CA Sketchbook - Sketches, process images, finished work, random banter.
    -------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedux View Post
    But you forget that Anastasya sells his, more compatible and faster version, for 7bucks, so there's some competition going on here.
    Actually, I don't "forget" that, because I wasn't aware of the existence of another one. Where was "Anastasya" mentioned? And if they already have something better, then why was this one made?
    Until I know for sure I am going to assume that Vorp has the only Painter wheel for Photoshop.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirngibism View Post
    Actually, I don't "forget" that, because I wasn't aware of the existence of another one. Where was "Anastasya" mentioned? And if they already have something better, then why was this one made?
    Until I know for sure I am going to assume that Vorp has the only Painter wheel for Photoshop.
    No harm meant.

Vorp mentions it in several posts.

Here you go, the one that already exists.

http://anastasiy.com/panels
    Website
    -------

Thanks
    Not to advertise the competition, but, yes, Anastasiy now has a color wheel which is, without much argument, better than Painters Wheel. It didn't exist until a couple weeks ago. That's why I made mine. There's wasn't another one in existence at the time, to my knowledge.
    So, given that he's ahead of me on getting a commercial product with licensing and all that (which is non-trivial to implement)...
    Here's the $million dollar question:
    If you have Anastasiy's color wheel, what features would make you shell out more money for the "IDEAL Color Wheel". And what would that look like?

I have thought about sprucing things up with my color wheel and trying to charge money and all that. But, really, what gets me excited to do more work on it is to hear from painters like yourselves and create very custom, super-useful-for-painters type functionality. I'm making next to nothing on this stuff. It's the love that I'm after. : )

There are lots of interesting things possible. Zirngibism mentions some good examples (thanks). I'd like to explore those areas where Anastasiy probably won't since he seems more of a photographer type.

-Len (yes, my true name - don't control me like a zombie, please)
    Boston Area Splinter Cell 36: Jushra | Vorp | Purb36 | PartialArtist

Thanks
    Hey Len,

This is going to make you happy. Dave Gibbons tweeted about your wheel and then re-tweeted by Dermot Power. How cool is that?

Attachment 903376

Thanks
    Really wish I could help but I really don't need anything else but the wheel.

The rest is useless imo.
    Website
    -------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vorp View Post
    Works with CS3 too! That's great for non-CS4 peeps.
    On Windows this is:
    /Program Files/Adobe/PhotoshopCS4/Plug-ins/Panels
    CS3 don't have this folder, and if I create one, no work as well

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    hey yeah, i can open photoshop then i go to window > extensions w/e and then open it up and then ps stops responding and crashes im not sure whats wrong, im still running the release candidate for win 7 and will get the full one soon, so that might be the issue, thanks

Thanks
    Roger...that IS the coolest thing ever! I think I've got a new epitaph for my gravestone: "Dave Gibbons tweeted about me!"
    Of course, I quickly boasted about it on my official facebook fan page: "I Heart Painters Wheel". : )

Richard, Painters Wheel does NOT work with CS3. Go get Anastasiy's wheel for CS3. Sorry for the confusion.

Ryanoir, I don't know what's causing your crashing. Could be related to the same unavoidable problem I'm seeing with Vista 32 bit. I can give you a testing wheel file that would prove it one way or the other if you like. Just message me an email address to send it to if you want to try it. I hope it's resolved one way or the other soon.

Thanks
    hey vorp, thank you for this awesome tool!

i'm running Photoshop CS4 [x64] on XP64 - the first time i install the panel it works, then after restarting PS it crashes on open until the panel is removed.
    also, the outer wheel is seriously slow.

i think you could possibly speed up the wheel by only selecting the colour AFTER you release the click. i'd prefer it if the wheel was more responsive

i love this wheel over magicpicker - please keep it as simple and minimal as possible. with a few tweaks to the performance, i'd buy it for $10 easily.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast