Photoshop Color Wheel (Free!) Download - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh YES! This is what I wanted ever since I first used Painter

This is bloody GREAT! Thaaaaank you And yes, I wouldn't mind paying ten bucks for a version with less lag. Thanks again!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I finally installed cs4 but when I open the colorwheel, it closes the whole program.
    It was installed in /panel/colorwheel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My hat's off to the chef!

I am the original designer of the Color Wheel in Painter (it was originally implemented in Painter 2.0). The design has since been emulated in several paint/design applications.

Coming from a fine arts background, it made sense to me to organize the spectrum in a circular fashion since it loops backs on itself anyway. It additionally makes complementary color selection a no-brainer.

Its really cool to see it in PS now, Vorp!

-john

John Derry
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Pixels—It's all in how you arrange them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pixlart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That colour wheel was yours? Well, thank you very Much! I loved it in Painter (and all the other apps that used it) and I love seeing it in PSCS5!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robellyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMFG THIS IS AMAZING! I have wanted a color wheel SO desperately in Photoshop! TY TY TY

And I checked out that other guys Photoshop Color Wheel. He's charging $14 now... pfft. I'm sticking with yours!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vorp View Post
    Sorry ikken.
    Vista 32 has a weird "bug" with respect to Flash in Photoshop.
    The problem is getting the wheel to reflect color changes made via other Photoshop color pickers (like normal color picker or eye dropper).
    If you really didn't need to pick colors any other way than with the Painters Wheel (which is unlikely) then it would work fine. I'd have to give you a special 'Vista 32 modified' version that won't crash Photoshop when it's opened.
    I would love a modified vista 32-version too if possible. My PS keeps crashing at the moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know why Adobe didn't create color wheel for PS yet until new idea of color wheel is free download on the internet for everyone using it. It look like Painter's color wheel is first design earlier before color wheel for PS later. Maybe PS CS5 already has a new design of color wheel so look forward to check in if it has or not. If it is not there, get it for free to add to new PS CS5. I use it fast way often for changing color to draw and paint on the image than I repeat back and forth opening color picker which is ok but slow way.

Last edited by drakemoonstar; April 15th, 2010 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I'm guessing this doesn't work with 32bit CS4 yet, does it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried this one and it crashes Photoshop every time I start it. So I found an alternative color wheel plugin for PS I'm using now.

It's called MagicPicker, works like a charm and works very fast (in a compact mode). And the most I like in it - it's being updated by the author very frequently. Author says it works in all photoshops including CS3. (I'm on CS4).

It helped me to make this painting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh thanks a lot man! Anastasiy look great but it's not free...
    things you should improve:
    -be able to enlarge the wheel , to be more acurate
    -add the normal color picker
    but really thanks, i needed stuff like this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Twan - agreed, those would be great. I'm hoping to have updates out soon. Though, what do you mean by "add the normal color picker". I'm not sure.
    Slade - 32 bit Vista is still an issue. As far as I know that's the only CS4 variant that will be problematic. If that's not the case with you, I'm not sure what's up.
    pixlart - Truly an honor to have you comment on this thread! I am VERY excited that you made contact! It's kind of like a full-circle-of-life thing! Thanks so much. And thanks for creating our namesake color wheel so long ago! Truly tremendous.
    Madmansadman - Painters Wheel is free and still very powerful!
    I haven't painted anything in years...but...
    using Photoshop CS4, a mouse, several lengths of strong twine, AND Painters Wheel, I painted this.

Boston Area Splinter Cell 36: Jushra | Vorp | Purb36 | PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Madmansadman, you are rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmansadman View Post
    I tried this one and it crashes Photoshop every time I start it. So I found an alternative color wheel plugin for PS I'm using now.
    It's called blahblahblah, works like a charm and works very fast (in a compact mode). And the most I like in it - it's being updated by the author very frequently. Author says it works in all photoshops including CS3. (I'm on CS4).

It helped me to make this (meh..) painting
    instead of dissing Vorp's Colorwheel and advertising someone elses project on HIS thread, why not give a bit more info about the crashes you are experiencing, so he can help to make Colorwheel work for you. Are you using a pc or a mac? if pc which os, 32bit or 64bit?

I use vorp's color wheel every day without crash or lag on ps cs4 and a mbp. I attach PS's HSB sliders below it and it has the look and feel of working with painter. I've tried the colorpicker as well and did not like the comparatively cluttered layout. I like that Vorp has made a color wheel that makes my painting workflow in PS more like a painting program.

And how about a THANKS VORP FOR ACTUALLY MAKING SOMETHING PHOTOSHOP HAS ALWAYS NEEDED.

Last edited by shapesinspace; May 5th, 2010 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    got it, you sir are made of awesome, mad props for this plugin!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i mean the normal photoshop dialog when you click on the foreground color

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This a great addon thank you so much. I want to know if it works in CS5 too?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahovart View Post
    This a great addon thank you so much. I want to know if it works in CS5 too?
    Yep, sure does.

Sadly, anastasiy's MagicPicker seems to be broken in CS5. I've tried it with both the extension manager version and simply unzipping it and I get the same partially loaded and non-functional result either way.

Has anyone else tried it or had any luck with it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Plognark - really? You got it to work? I swear it popped up but didn't actually change color for me.
    HOWEVER.... I just updated it on my web site (lenwhite.com) using new libraries Adobe just gave me. Works for me now in the CS5 trial! Hooray!

Rahovart, download the new zip bundle and give it a go.
    I'd like to know if it doesn't work.

Also, as an aside, I directly compared CS4 brush tracking response to CS5 and CS5 is awful! Waaay slower, though I read other threads suggesting the opposite. Is there some magical combo of settings to get it to work as fast as CS4?
    I'm testing a 30pixel round brush on both. Very simple. No crazy brush tip effects or anything.
    If anyone has the answer I'd love to know. Thanks. So far it's so much slower it doesn't justify the upgrade.

Also, the new version allows you to option-click set the background color. Trivially easy to add to the code!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Plognark - really? You got it to work? I swear it popped up but didn't actually change color for me.
    HOWEVER.... I just updated it on my web site (lenwhite.com) using new libraries Adobe just gave me. Works for me now in the CS5 trial! Hooray!

Rahovart, download the new zip bundle and give it a go.
    I'd like to know if it doesn't work.

Also, as an aside, I directly compared CS4 brush tracking response to CS5 and CS5 is awful! Waaay slower, though I read other threads suggesting the opposite. Is there some magical combo of settings to get it to work as fast as CS4?
    I'm testing a 30pixel round brush on both. Very simple. No crazy brush tip effects or anything.
    If anyone has the answer I'd love to know. Thanks. So far it's so much slower it doesn't justify the upgrade.

Also, the new version allows you to option-click set the background color. Trivially easy to add to the code!
    Hmm, I may have spoken too soon... I wasn't able to get it to actually change the color either, so at least the glitch seems consistent. Let me try out your new version though...

ETA: Works now: awesome!

What did you use to code that up? I'd love to start playing around with panel plugins myself

Last edited by Plognark; May 10th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Painters Wheel uses Flash for building the basic wheel combined with a small Flex base that does the interaction with Photoshop.
    There's a guide online here that can get you started: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photosho...pers_guide.pdf

It's really easy to build basic stuff. The color wheel itself was a bit harder...
    If there's something in particular you are imagining, let me know. I may be able to whip it together fast. Unless you are eager to make the kind of sweet, sweet donation dinero I've been making (ha, ha).

BTW, with regard to brush speed, I just found the culprit for me: My MBP was using the lamo graphics card (for power savings). When I switched to my 9600M GT CS5 started moving fast! The GPU made a huge difference. Very pleasing now. I'm gonna be so sad when the trial ends. I really like the feel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Painters Wheel uses Flash for building the basic wheel combined with a small Flex base that does the interaction with Photoshop.
    There's a guide online here that can get you started: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photosho...pers_guide.pdf

It's really easy to build basic stuff. The color wheel itself was a bit harder...
    If there's something in particular you are imagining, let me know. I may be able to whip it together fast. Unless you are eager to make the kind of sweet, sweet donation dinero I've been making (ha, ha).

BTW, with regard to brush speed, I just found the culprit for me: My MBP was using the lamo graphics card (for power savings). When I switched to my 9600M GT CS5 started moving fast! The GPU made a huge difference. Very pleasing now. I'm gonna be so sad when the trial ends. I really like the feel.
    Ah, yeah, I was surprised that the brushes were lagging for you; I've been finding the basic CS5 brushes to be more smooth and responsive than CS4, although the bristle brushes are still insane CPU hogs. I'm going to try shorter bristled brushes to see if that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's official then: Painters Wheel has been updated to work with Photoshop CS5!
    Also, hot new feature: You can alt-click to set background color rather than foreground.
    What a fraptious day!
    Get it at lenwhite.com! (complete site re-design! You'll see!)

And while you're there, look at the bottom left and join my mailing so I can inform you about updates and sell your email to Russians (who seem to love Painters Wheel based on my web stats).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great its working on CS5 now but I don't know why each time I use the eyedropper tool, the color in the Painterswheel isn't showing, any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahovart View Post
    Great its working on CS5 now but I don't know why each time I use the eyedropper tool, the color in the Painterswheel isn't showing, any ideas??

Thanks
    Doesn't work for me either... the feedback is either broken or non existent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my god, thank you soo much.

ive been getting back into digital painting and this is exactly what i needed to help me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just an FYI about Anastasiy's Magic Picker: It does work great in CS5, I had to contact him to figure out how to get it set up properly.

So both of the ones discussed here work great in CS5 (as long as you install them right); it's confirmed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just uploaded a CS5 version that works for me.
    It's not linked on the web site yet (gotta run to work).
    The zip file is in the same folder as the web site's, but is named:
    PaintersWheel_cs5.zip

I'll get a link up shortly.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vorp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't wait to get home and get this set up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great!!! Thanks Vorp its working now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the wheel, only prob I can see is when you press alt and pic a colour from your peice the wheel retains its last colour, so matching can be a pain for blending, but ok for solid colour choice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vorp, thanks for your effort!!!
    I tested it on cs5 x64 and there is one bug I can see (don't have it in cs4 x64 version btw), when you moving the cursor for selecting the color in triangle and release the cursor, small ball jumping 2-3 pixels from the selected color to random side... Anybody have that problem?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 187