Thanks

Raichu's Sketchbook

Hello CA, I've been reading some threads here for a few days and I've found this to be an awesome place. I wish to learn as much as possible, and I want to make a living as an artist.

I live in Central America and am currently in college. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in the future. =)

Sketchbook, I choose you!
    Last edited by Raichu; January 10th, 2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Fixed title again

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Captain Sparrow I presume? I hope to see more updates. It's hard to comment on just one portrait

Thanks
    I'll post some of my older stuff. The first two images (JackSparrow and Girl) were made in Photoshop from scratch.
    Last edited by Raichu; January 4th, 2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Images too large.

Thanks
    Oy, a reply!
    Aye, it's Jack Sparrow. I put it twice so later I can change the image on the first post (it's largely there for advertising purposes. =D )
    Also tell me if the images are too large, I'll upload smaller ones.

Thanks
    They are a bit too large. The size of the last two images is perfect for our viewing pleasure.
    Do you only work from photo reference?

Thanks
    No, I have drawn much from my head. I am currently practicing with photo references.

Thanks
    Nice~ Captured the likeness of jack there pretty well

Great start here, i'll be looking out for updates~ also, any timetable for how long ago older stuff was?

Thanks
    Well, my older stuff was from...er...about three years ago, both drawings. I had an awful drawing block during that time and I threw some stuff away...still, some of it survived. I shall post it here in a moment.

Thanks for your interest. =)

Thanks
    keep it comin' I like the portrait sketch of jack sparrooow

Thanks
    I'll post more tomorrow, thanks for dropping by!

Thanks
    Hello again! I bring more of my earlier stuff.

The two portraits were made in an art course I took in mid 2008, with references.

The charizard and Cornelia (the evil looking woman) were made in early 2009 iirc. Doorgirl (the girl holding a doorknob) and Mia (the girl with the sword, from Fire Emblem 9) were made earlier...I think 2007. The last pic was made last week. None of these pictures were made using references.

I'm now working on quick sketches, I'll post once I'm done with them. Also I haven't done my daily "complete" sketch, I'll put this here too.

I recognize I have problems with anatomy and coloring. Also I take too long to make a picture. Jack Sparrow took ~4 hours and it is not finished, and other drawings I've had trouble with because of my college schedule and/or homework. (So it is partly a schedule problem, and I also take a while to draw something)

Here you go.

Thanks

Updatezorz

Hello again, I did some stuff two days ago but I forgot to upload it (quick poses; they're kinda awful). I also started this other sketch, but it's taken a while 'cause I was bored on Tuesday, yesterday I went out and today too. I know I shouldn't be making excuses...

Anyway, any criticisms are welcome.
    Attachment 873633WIP.

Attachment 873635

Attachment 873639

Thanks
    loving the portrait of the lady in the red hood, that super high contrast just looks awesome~

only crit i would give at this stage on the wip would be the line under the left eye seems abit strong, other than that its coming along good

nice updates though, keep it up

Thanks
    I'll post this couple before leaving and possibly not working on anything for about 2 or 3 days.

I seem to be drawing things and not finishing them...I'll try to amend that by finishing all the other stuff before doing anything else. I've had this problem for a while.

Attachment 875847
    Yet another girl sketch. I drew this because I was fascinated with the girl in the photo...but it isn't finished.

Attachment 875850
    Something that came out of my mind...She's supposed to be crying. It obviously lacks detail and the face is nowhere near finished, but I don't want to rush it.

So aye, any criticisms are welcome.
    Last edited by Raichu; January 10th, 2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Thanks
    I like the Capt. Jack Sparrow sketch in the opening post!
    Everything is better with dinosaurs.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Pilcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your realistic work is very very good, highly surpassing your illustration, anime like drawings, but there's high potential in them. Great stuff, =) keep it up

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ParanoiaArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey friend~ your sktechbook is cool~ i turly love the pirate JACK~ that's great~ and so is the portrait of a woman~ keep the post up, cheers~

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ZhouPeng For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your work is really great. I agree with the others who have said that your realistic work is better. I think that your lifelike drawings are really stunning, especially the woman with the red hair and hood. There is something very captivating.

And I can see that you've had the practice in anatomy that I lack. Your work from imagination, though not as good as the referenced work yet, seems anatomically good. I don't know if I can give you any advice. You seem to be headed in a really good direction.

Thanks for taking the time for that wonderful comment on my sketchbook.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to lmeden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I haven't posted here in a while...I've done little work, but I'll post it anyway.

Attachment 889515Something I'm doing for a friend. It's tough to draw bouquets...

Attachment 889517An improvement of an earlier sketch. The lips are hard to figure out, but the rest has turned out better.

I'll try to keep the pace up and not lazy out like this last week.