Thanks

Cool DOTA! anyone else play or am I stuck in 2003

So a new update was just released (v.6.65) and 2 new heroes made their imbalanced debut. Murdocs passive stat steal is just too strong late game when base camping. Anyone else still play??

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I actually didn't even know anyone still played Dota... Anyway, it gives me the excuse to post this. : D

Thanks
    I moved onto League of Legends after realizing how hard it was to get into it with all the elitists running around. Then I realized a lot of the elitists entered LoL and Heroes of Newrath as well.

The DOTA type of games (well, Aeon of Strife type if I want to be very precise) are ruined by the horrendous communities in my experience. It's a damn shame because they're genuinely good games. When somebody decides to feed the enemy and spam swear words at me because somehow I don't contribute as much as they want me to (hey, I have to start somewhere), that's when I call it quits.

Thanks
    ah. well LoL is definitely a more friendly environment, but I think the heroes in DotA are much more interesting. And as far as elitists giving you a hard time, pick more simple, point-click tanking heroes like sven, leoric, or doom bringer.
    but bummer I was hoping to find someone to play with.

Thanks
    All my dota friends play HoN now, (client based dota with lots of useful features), If you haven't tried HoN, i suggest you do, but i think its closed or open beta.. they handed out i think around 70,000 beta keys 2-3 months ago, gone within a few days. But HoN has around 20,000-40,000 players daily. I really really like HoN a lot better than Dota, but i will never forget my long nights of just dota-ing it up with friends ^__^. haven't touched DotA in soooo long,

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

Thanks
    Stuck in the past man!

League of Legends is where is at now , much better community than HoN which is full of ex Dota jerks.

Thanks
    I played Dota then HoN.
    HoN is much better then LoL because its stable and it has fluid animations and i like the community there.
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    Literally play dota everyday, can't get enough, no matter how much that game and the idiots in it piss me off XD

Until i can get my hands on a retail version of HoN im happy with dota, looking real forward to the non leaver jump-in system, so fed up of people just randomly leaving or rage quiting and ruining the whole game.

My tag is MrKrane and I play on the europe server, look me up yeah.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Chow View Post
    I moved onto League of Legends after realizing how hard it was to get into it with all the elitists running around. Then I realized a lot of the elitists entered LoL and Heroes of Newrath as well.

The DOTA type of games (well, Aeon of Strife type if I want to be very precise) are ruined by the horrendous communities in my experience. It's a damn shame because they're genuinely good games. When somebody decides to feed the enemy and spam swear words at me because somehow I don't contribute as much as they want me to (hey, I have to start somewhere), that's when I call it quits.

the problem with these games is that having a newbie in your team makes too much of a difference... the game can become frustrating if you know that you are way better than the opposition but a newbie fed them to the point you cant do shit. And you cant leave, because that ruins the game, gets you a bad name so people will blacklist you, etc.

For me its the biggest issue with these games. I like the mechanics, but I dont like the length of the game, the importance of feeding, etc.

@crane
    leaving is solved in HoN, there's almost no issue with that, sure you get maybe 1 leaver each 10 games you play... but thats 1 player out of 50, 2% of people. In dota it's like 30%, and people start leaving as soon as someone opens fire (leaves the game first)

Thanks
    forgot to say that I dont like the importance of feeding as much because of people ruining my game as because of me ruining the game for people that on another level of skill that i cant compare to

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sodAp View Post
    forgot to say that I dont like the importance of feeding as much because of people ruining my game as because of me ruining the game for people that on another level of skill that i cant compare to
    1v1 or play with friends.

Either way, i play Heroes of Newerth a lot. Still looking for more friends to play with, so add me (Mr_Delirious)!
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

Thanks
    I really want to get into DOTA, but like others have said, elitism has killed noobs from getting in. Maybe we could all learn it together?

I rock at Hero Wars, though.

Thanks
    haha yea. here is the trick, being an affore mentioned "elitist" my advice is to pick single click, passive skill heroes like king leoric or sven, juggernaut, faceless void to learn the fundamentals of last hitting and juking and then work your way into the harder heroes. I would be happy to do some private matches and such to demonstrate. Also there are AI maps you can dl to practice. It is an amazing game, and learning to play is really satisfying.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jedininjaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'll download it and give it a try. And yeah, I'll take you up on demonstration matches.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sodAp View Post

@crane
    leaving is solved in HoN, there's almost no issue with that, sure you get maybe 1 leaver each 10 games you play... but thats 1 player out of 50, 2% of people. In dota it's like 30%, and people start leaving as soon as someone opens fire (leaves the game first)
    thats good to hear, i fucking hate people who have no good reason for leaving apart from being a dick... and you're right about leavers and noob making too much of a difference in LoL, just had a game ruined by one... 4 v 4 and 3 people went mid -.- and then one kept leaving and coming back.. sigh..

Its a damn shame i can't host on WC thanks to shitty mobile internet, would solve the problem of getting kicked for no reason... i can't play HoN, have no beta key lol i will buy it when i comes out though

Thanks
    I moved to HoN.
    Srsly, to all dota players, play HoN instead
    Its better in every aspect.