Team Chow III - Ships in the Night/Random Team 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Team Chow III - Ships in the Night/Random Team 3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Team Chow III - Ships in the Night/Random Team 3

Just getting this up so we can get moving. =)

Team Ships in the Night/Random Team 3 is:
    theories
    theechoinside
    cydienne

Cards selected:
    Death
    The Fool
    The Tower
    Princess of Cups
    Ten of Pentacles
    Ten of Wands

Let's rock it!

Last edited by theechoinside; January 4th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
    "I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

Sketchbook: Critique greatly appreciated =)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Anothaar ship in the sea be one to many! Prepare to be sunk ye suckars!

PS:YYYAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Last edited by Raoul Duke; January 3rd, 2010 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YEAAAH thanks for starting this thread C:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Raoul Duke:

We'll respond to you and your scurvy dogs where it means the most... on the canvas battlefield! And you will receive what all pirates do... a good keelhauling! ;P

And now for some links of hopeful inspiration:

http://www.interhobby.net/tarot/viTarot.php3?Initial=A

http://www.celestialhealing.com/tarotgallery.html

http://www.animalsdivine.com/gallery.html

http://www.herebedragons.co.uk/chesca/greenwood.htm

http://www.luisroyofantasy.com/en/ga...hp?id_album=23

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First quickie of Princess of Cups I`ll probably need to modify the mood cos it should be something more like:

She is reflecting water’s more Earth like properties.
    She is an enigmatically beautiful, gracious maiden. She is sensitive to the unseen goings of the Earth. She has a natural born skill for magic. Her sexuality can overpower, even repel some, but it can also entrap them. She is a so adept at magic that she can bring things from dream in reality.

or:
    The first court cards are the Pages/Princesses. It is always best to imagine them as young, and with a letter or scroll in hand or on their person. The element of the pages is "Earth" indicating something young, growing, a seed planted.
    Page of Cups: A message of love, romance, heart-break or family.

from http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Deviantart gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting take on the subject. I like it, seems very different from the usual view... But I think it works for sure. Only thing I don't see is the relation to sexuality right now, unless it's related to the top hat? But I think even then it would likely be hard to see. As said, I definitely like the whole scientist take on it though. It's a random idea that I've had as well, but looking at it and reading the description if you wanted to enhance some of the associations you could maybe have her in an outdoor setting? Like maybe taking samples from a river and riverbanks or such so the beakers are still included.

I'm guessing from the quickie, you'd like to offer forward retro sci-fi as the theme for our team though? =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still recovering from a collision just over a week ago, so limited to short bursts of painting right now, but I did a graphic response to Pirate Ship Lollipop. Hopefully it gives people a laugh =)

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...7&postcount=98

*edit*

Not sure if we're doing the retro sci-fi theme yet or not, but I was thinking about it and came up with two ideas for my cards, so here's some quickies of them. They're just roughs to get the concept down, so any thoughts much appreciated. Thinking of making the towers head more "Galactus-like" but the rounded might make it mesh better with cydienne's current concept.

Last edited by theechoinside; January 6th, 2010 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OKAY reworking this idea after reading some of the meanings that i read in that link below. What if like, the 10 of pentacles is when a girl inherits a vast amount of money (possibly from some invention that got her a lot of money? trying to tie it into a fantasy or steam-punk theme here) and then it shows her happy as can be with the money and pleased with her life. Then, as that invention gets bigger and higher in demand, she finds herself as the 10 of wands. Working very hard to keep her business together and functioning along with dealing with other things, such as family, other business, etc...

Sound any better?

Last edited by theories; January 8th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No worries mate, I just don't want us getting left behind =)

And your idea sounds really cool, I like the flow between them part... but I guess I'm having a bit of trouble tying it in with the meaning of the cards and there seems a small inconsistency.

Like, if she's a ghost, isn't she already dead so why would the druids be against destroying her, wouldn't her being laid to rest be more part of the natural cycle?

And the other thing is when I read stuff here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn...ngs/tens.shtml
    I don't really see how those ideas fit in with the card meanings. Am I maybe missing something in your idea which ties them in or?

But hey, ramble anything you want by the way, things usually lead somewhere =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    owhoops i forgot the cards had
    uh
    meanings
    (good job self)
    disregard everything i said because i'm stupid ffff /facepalm

i think i'll rework my designs to fit those meanings |D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha! Whoops for sure.

But righto then =) I'm not sure if you've been getting the e-mails or not? But if you're good with the steampunk idea Cydienne had and it's divisions/extra's that might give you some ideas to work with in the integration.

I like the themes put forward, and hopefully if we avoid the gimmicks we can make it awesome. The theme good with you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definitely! Steam punk is something I've always wanted to try, but never really had the motive to use.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

My wrist is still on the mend, should be good in time to get my characters done though. Decided to work on the possible presentation method I suggested in the e-mail in the meantime.

This is just to get an idea of what I meant by it, in the final version I'd have a diversity of different gears, likely some pipes and render out the title as well, as well as tweak it further to blend more with the final image in photoshop. But I wouldn't extend it further into the space than it is.

For the numbered cards I was going to have the clockwork at the top right pointing to the number. For the major arcana I was going to make something similar, maybe a complex gear based off the concept of a star or such? If I have time after doing the characters I'll go back to see about including tiny versions of the additional themes Cydienne suggested as well.

Again, this is just to give an idea of what I meant, I did a 2 minute colour job on the char based on theories initial idea for colour pallette (cool darks and warm lights) to help out the visualisation. Of course the char will change for the theme and my sketch hadn't been in the proportion we need for final either, so yes, rough it is ;P

Please let me know if you like it or not so I can keep working, and any changes, etc.

Thanks =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, been over a week since I heard anything at all... There's almost nothing done, or even discussed. So, I don't think there's even a decent chance to pull something presentable as a team in time... So I'm out, scuttling my ship as it were.

Good luck to others who pass by and see the wreck =P Later and be well.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.