MAC-PC Color Problem

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MAC-PC Color Problem

(Firstly, forgive my poor english..I hope you can understand me..hehe).

I have a problem with the color in my pics. I work in a Mac. I have searched in google and at forum but all questions about color are about the conversion of .psd to .jpg (colors differents). Ok. I don't have this problem. I see the same color (or so similar) at .psd and .jpg. I post the image to web and I see my image with the same colors (or so similar). My problem comes when I want to see my image (.psd or .jpg indifferently) on a PC Monitor. It appears so more "cold" and blue and with less contrast (but in a Mac I see the "right" colors). I have tested so many ways (calibrate monitor of the iMac, calibrating the Photoshop's color profiles,...) but I didn't achieve to see the same colors on my iMac's monitor that in a PC's Monitor.

Do you know some tutorial, site, document,... that can tell me how I can do it? Or do you know how to resolve it?

Please, I really need your help and you'll do a super-favour if you can answer my cuestion: "How can I see the same colors in a Mac's Monitor and a PC's Monitor?"

(I hope that you can understand me).

Thank you very much!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, maybe this is really stupid, but just fot the record – monitors are different. It's not a Mac/PC thing. It's a harware thing. An image is never exactly the same on two different monitors, but you can use color calibration tools to make them sync the way you want them two.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As Monsieur said you need a color calibrator.
    Considering your description about the issue under PC, I suppose the PC monitor are not calibrated (most of cheap one are sold with cold color because of marketing choice). I am not sure about your iMac but I think it is already more or less calibrated so if it is your main working computer, you are probably using the "~right" colors. Anyway, a software calibration using hardware calibrator could be necessary to "update" iMac calibration during its life time and to be able to see the right colors under any monitor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx for the answer.

I tried to calibrate the monitor but I couldn't achive to do it. What I want is to know if someone have got the same problema than me and how he resolves it because I have tried all the ways I know and I have seen and I can't resolve it. How I can see the same color on a Mac's Monitor and PC's Monitor?

(I know that monitor's hardware are different but I want a type of "color profile" for my Monitor (Mac) o software (Photoshop) that helps to emulate in my mac the colors that I'll see on a PC).

I want that my colors watch similar since all sites.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.