Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Team CHOW III: White Rabbit

Thanks
    Great post with a lot of information Dark Eyes.Very nice.

Sorry for not answer before.As i see it, at some point we need to do a cohesive entry.It can be a collaborative form, a similar style, similar elements or a theme or perhaps a decoration frame.But we need something to relate all the cards.In my opinion this is important for the challenge.Perhaps after we see the sketches of each one of us, we can have an idea of the direction and the kind of entry we want to do.Pretty much what i have writed before was as a suggestion, a starting point.

Sorry if your cards are strange Ionic.I picked those for you because you were busy and because i think you can do a great job with those.If you want to exchange mines, there is no problem.

Regarding the rules, it is true that there is no mention to the genre or theme, however as i sayed before i think we need something to link all six cards, and i thougth that an specific genre and situation could help.As i writed before those are suggestions and what i think, something to start brainstorming with both of you.Sorry if this seems to mean like i want to tell you what to draw, i can assure you that's not my intention.

So, i made a couple of sketches to start the visual part.I guess it would be easy to find a common ground that way.

Attachment 871317

Attachment 871315

Attachment 871316
    Just some sketches for queen of wands.Different directions, one more sublime and the other more calm i guess.

We have time so i think for the moment we can start with sketches and see what directions result form that.

Cheers mates
    Last edited by DIMAGYAN; January 5th, 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Working on the Star card. I refined a bit the previous sketch.On the lcd behind her should be eight stars and a water pool.
    Is not really much different from the original one(nude female, two urns, water pool, seven/eight stars).First idea, i would see what other direction can i take.

Attachment 872619

Thanks
    K, sry guys, i've been in computer hell... Had a blown hard drive which i've replaced, upgraded my op system, and had to reinstall everything from scratch... almost in working form, just need to get my new color calibrator and i'm good to go.

- I agree with finding some common ground in sketch stage... and really, I think that this could work with or without a common theme, (as long as we are bouncing ideas off each other, there has to be an element of teamwork, i guess). I'm flexible though, so if either of you has a different idea, I'll go with the flow.. I actually appreciate being pushed a bit, at least where i live there aren't any concept artists nearby, no sketch groups, no figure drawing groups, (though I'm planning on starting my own,) so any help i can get from you two is greatly appreciated (since you guys are so awesome )

-Dimagyan: I like where the sketches are going. The first version of the queen of wands appeals to me more i think (i imaging a sprawling sci fi city behind her). However, the second one has some drama compositionally, and could work as well. I like the idea for the star as well, i'll have to dig up a bunch of reference for technology. We should probably get the design of the tech stuff solid in the early stages, just to reduce headaches in the rendering phase. Tech stuff is hard to do, can either be too simple , like buck rogers, or get too crazy detailed and cause rendering nightmares...

Here's my first sketch for the high priestess. I want her to look alien, though it's hard to tell now, with a transparent skull with eyes inside her head (see ref of strange fish). She's in a masonic temple, between the sacred pillars... her helmet and TORA scroll is going to be broadcasting "secret science" to the initiates. I want to juxtapose the old vs. new, an alien visitation in an antiquated temple... some other ref that inspired me.
    p.s.: I've started a livestream channel at www.livestream.com/colinspad so if you want to drop in and see what i'm up to, i think i'll be broadcasting there sometime in the evening (6-8 pm eastern time). Procaster kinda' hogs my resources though, and my brushes lag a bit... i'll give it a try for a while... you can chat with me there so we can work together realtime...
    Last edited by Dark_Eyes; January 11th, 2010 at 06:40 AM.
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    Hardware problems are a real pain.Good to hear that you are solving the issues.

Yes, bouncing ideas on the sketch stage should help to find a common ground and have a more cohesive team work.

I fully agree with the technology research.That is probably a good part to have common elements and designs ideas to unify all the cards.
    Looking to my previous sketches it seem that i let myself carry away with cables and a general "cyber punk" feel(more or less)...

Probably the sci fi elemnts in the work could be a bit decorative, giving the work a fantasy feel or we could try to make believable sci fi stuff.In any case is just a question of try it.

I like your sketch and idea Dark Eyes.The new meeting the old is a very iconic concept.I like also the human scenary that you choose.It works well for the idea.

I have a suggestions: I see that you are doing and alien priestess but i think her chest is too small and thin.The rest of the body looks quite human, specially the head but the chest doesn't combine too well i think.

The eyes idea is pretty insteresting, i guess that would be more clear on the final result.

I cheched the link for the livestream but it was off air.I will check later.(i have 3 hours+ of difference)

I did another Queen sketch, inspired with Dark Eyes sketch.Perhaps i went too far away from sci fi.Just exploring other ideas for her costume.

Attachment 877795

Thanks
    Dimagyan: Nice! I like this version, very dynamic.. I love the look of your sketching, very fluid... you're stuff reminds me of Carlo Arellano. Thanks for the critiques, i agree and will fix her chest, I definitely appreciate anything you may notice, so don't be shy... I will try to livestream tomorrow around... say 5:00 pm my time? that will be around 8:00 pm your time, if that is bad for you just pm me your schedule and we can work something out. Regarding the tech stuff, I don't mind the more fantastic, aesthetic elements, although i do respect the more grounded, functional designs.. Maybe a marriage between the two is a worthy goal? We'll see... I went digging for some interesting reference, take it or leave it...
    Weird robot thingy..
    Attachment 878004
    Interesting Peugeot concept with touch sensitive interface, kinda want to incorporate the sleekness into the helmet of the high priestess
    Attachment 878008
    Attachment 878009
    Attachment 878010
    Motorcycles always have such interesting shapes and doo-dads...
    Attachment 878012
    Some interesting "alien" looking car interiors
    Attachment 878013
    Attachment 878014
    have a bunch more, need to sort through them a bit...
    Cheers...
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

Thanks
    Just so you guys know I'm still in... was just very busy... and I will have my stuff done... nice mood photos! really helps the cohesion!
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ionic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ionic: No worries brotha'! In this day and age, i totally understand... Looking forward to seeing what you come up with...
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

Thanks
    Team CHOW III: White Rabbit

been sketching all day and these ones are the best
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Great sketches Ionic, esp the 10 of cups, I really like her ... cups?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Niva. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Dark Eyes.Glad you liked the queen sketch.I didn't knew about Carlo Arellano's work.Interesting stuff.I like how He mantein the line even in the more painted works.

Great technology references,good work. a lot of interesting shapes.I made a couple of skethes after those references.

Sorry about the livestream, i could't attend at that time.

Ionic, great work.Temperance looks really good and the meaning is very clear.Ten of cups is representing the permanence of "joy" "friendship" and "love" as the union of man and machine right?.
    Good idea about the decoration of the background.I replicated a similar pattern based on the wheel of the first conceptual motorcycle in the pictures.

i made a couple of sketches after the pictures posted by Dark Eyes and the sketches of Ionic.I think the Sci fi elements are more clear now and probably more similar between the two cards.Queen 4 was a bit of a experiment, it doesn't look too much like a queen really.
    The lights on the helmet of Star are the representation of the eight stars of the card.

Attachment 879855

Attachment 879856

Attachment 879858

Attachment 879854

Let me know what do you think.Also, how long do you guys want to stay on the sketching stage? probably start next week with the final concepts? one week per card,to finish the concepts.

Cheers

Thanks
    Liking what I'm seeing guys, nice studies! Looking forward to seeing more.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t i m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    These are some wonderful sketches, I love it! Can't wait to see what you'll do with the futuristic car!
    Team Chow III Presents:
    THE POKEMONGRELS!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evui For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    One more for the Queen of wands.

Attachment 880838

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast