Thanks

Akmal Shaik executed in China.

I find this story incredibly disturbing;

-Edit;
    Here's a wikipedia article over the matter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akmal_Shaikh
    Last edited by Kagemusha22; December 29th, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
    My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mental illness wasn't verified and it's a good warning to other drugrunners, plus it was 4 kilograms of the stuff, so it's not an unfortunate accident either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    china has always been an aggressive country in the face of crime. In some ways it has kept them safe but it has also made them appear unfair/unjust.

Thanks
    Nice to know your usual compassion is in check Hyskoa. The reason it wasn't verified was because the authorities wouldn't bother to actually test his mental health, rathering to just stick to it's decision to execute him.

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Thanked 5,794 Times in 1,166 Posts
    This is sad, but it also moraly tragic. Now the world is crying when a Brit get executed in China. What about all the chinese that gets executed each year, and some of them might aswell have had bad mental health, I don't see as much attention given on them as this. Seems like there's a difference between the value of some humans compared to other humans.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    if your children become drug addicts and selling their bodies for some H on the street to fat granddaddies for example...
    well tell me about the root of all evils mental health again then ..........

i guess some people can´t guess what 4kg of heroine can cause to their village.

on the other hand , imagine some people do not like you at all.they put some heroine in your bag while you travel through china and report you.
    aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD M View Post
    This is sad, but it also moraly tragic. Now the world is crying when a Brit get executed in China. What about all the chinese that gets executed each year, and some of them might aswell have had bad mental health, I don't see as much attention given on them as this. Seems like there's a difference between the value of some humans compared to other humans.
    It amazes me that knowledge of the organ-harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners within China isn't more wide-spread.

Over the death penalty generally, I read in one article that estimates of how many are killed are upto 10 people a day. Though the overall figures are unkown.

Thanks
    Heavy penalties for drug trafficking are actually quite common in Asian countries. In Malaysia, 200g weed are already enough and you'll be hanged (or beheaded, or eaten by tigers, I dunno the specifics).

While I find such laws unnecessary and excessive, I find absolutely nothing disturbing about this case. Mental illness doesn't even have to mean innocence in every case. I find this a far more disturbing example of injustice.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeviin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those who beleave in equality are fools, imo.
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    Those who beleave in equality are fools, imo.
    I believ in equality, but our society and govenments doesn't.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    I believ in equality, but our society and govenments doesn't.
    I meant it in the way of that it still exists, you probably misinterpeted me.
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha22 View Post
    Nice to know your usual compassion is in check Hyskoa. The reason it wasn't verified was because the authorities wouldn't bother to actually test his mental health, rathering to just stick to it's decision to execute him.
    My compassion for drugrunners is rather non existent yes.
    And the physicians in Brittain didn't find it necessary to put mental illness in his file, so if he had it, it wasn't severe enough to actually be noticed by anyone and wasn't severe enough either that his family made him go to get proper care.

So they should have given the family a fine for negligence on top of the death penalty.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyskoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    I meant it in the way of that it still exists, you probably misinterpeted me.
    Yeah I probably did I realise now.

My TUMBLR!

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    When people die, no matter the course the one who suffer most are those left behind.
    Out of respect for the families who have nothing to do with what have happened and given the fact that none of us has any real inside in this case other than some "news story" it is rather hard to pass judgment. Also it is somewhat late to pass judgment on a dead man.... he was imprisoned for 2 years and we get to hear loud news only after his dead because that is the only thing of interest for the media.
    There are lots of imprisoned foreigners in various countries for various reasons.

Hearing the story from the news indeed sounds fishy, especially the part where china denies the mental checkup but we do not get to hear a detailed statement from the Chinese court nor the results of their research and entering northwest china from Tajikistan with 4kg (a lot) of heroin does not help the story of having a mental disorder, especially when you are a 53 year old who never been diagnosed of mental disorder by a psychiatrist before the arrest.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    ^not only that but I doubt his mental illness impaired his moral judgment of what's right and what's wrong, what is legal and what isnt. Who cares if he was tricked into it, he still knew what he was doing was wrong.

anyway this is just selective propaganda, why not talk about worst death cases concerning real innocent people.

Thanks
    Shaikh, a Muslim, migrated with his parents during his childhood. He married a Hindu who converted to Islam. They had two sons and a daughter together. His marriage ended in divorce. They lived in the United States in the 1980s, where Shaikh was an estate agent. They moved back to the United Kingdom when the business failed. He then started a mini cab business in London but fell into bankruptcy. He sexually harrassed his 24 year old employee, then sacked her. She took him to a tribunal, won her case and over £10,000. He employed her after arranging for an employment agency to send him CVs only of women under 25. He refused to pay the damages.

He subsequently moved to Poland,[7] where he married in Lublin; he had a son and daughter from that marriage. He then divorced and was wanted in 2007 by a Polish court for not paying alimonies. In 2006 he was sentenced by Polish court for driving under influence of alcohol with suspended one year jail sentence and prohibition of driving for three years. On average every 6 months he was visiting the Lublin City Council with new business proposals. These included opening an air-taxi between Lublin and Warszawa (Warsaw), exporting lambs meat from Lublin to the UK, and building a mosque in Lublin (in 2005, this was his last business proposal to the City Council). When the city councillor Dariusz Jezior was not enthusiastic about his idea of building a mosque, he started to send text messages to the councillor and several other people with threats. He also sent threats to institutions and people who did not want to support his ideas financially. He sent an e-mail to a bank in Poland where he had an account, claiming that he had something to do with the London terrorist attacks. All this prompted search of his home by ABW, but no charges were levelled against him. The prosecutor only made a case owing to his threats against his Polish wife, but she did not want to punish the father of her children and because of that the court remitted proceedings in the case

that's what mentally disabled people do all the time for sure.

Thanks

Thanks
    the stupidity of policy never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    Much the same as when the news reports injuries or deaths in some overseas disaster. Interviews with the family of the Brit guy who broke his leg followed by much hand-wringing by various MPs and the horror of it all then, at the end, "Oh, and a few foreigners died too". OK, not quite, but that's the gist.

Interesting to contrast this smuggler guy with Gary McKinnon, the English Asperger's sufferer who has been driven to the brink of suicide over a period of 8 years (and still not been tried in a court of law) for exposing the towering incompetence of the US military, using a dial-up modem connected to a phone line in his bedroom. As we speak his extradition to the US is still due to go ahead and he faces a possible 60 years in jail - but wait! Ah, sorry, that's OK! Because it's our good buddies the Americans who are demanding his extradition, not those nasty Chinese people (urgh, barbarians, mumble mumble mumble...)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post: