The role of the recent painting of the game

The role of the recent painting of the game

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The role of the recent painting of the game, personal feelings on the body is not very characteristic. I hope that Members of the pointing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swffwsshen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How to find a balance between Q and the aesthetic point?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi swffwsshen!!

These are very nice illustrations. I like how far you went with the color and I like the designs of the clothes. My favorite part is the double belt buckle bolero, and the way you colored and shaded the metal. I'm assuming these are for an rpg? Could you describe the game you're designing characters for more?

I hope you don't mind if I critique a little bit. I understand the anime style well, I used to like it a lot when I was younger. Your anatomy for the female body in the style of anime is really great...except for the hands. I know there's a style that, thanks to Kingdom Hearts and other brands, favor bigger hands and feet...but I feel that your hands are too big...unless you were going for that because of stylization.

If you put your hand at the base of your lower arm at your elbow, in almost all cases you will find that it does not reach your wrist as it does in your anatomy image. I think you should decrease your hands by 15-20%.

Both feet are at a straightforward angle...so I read them as small, which also relates to how awkwardly big the hands are. I feel like if one foot was at a side angle, the perspective would be more accurate and easily read.

The knees look off just a little bit...the thighs are either too long or the calves too short.

One last small, nit picky thing...the face is much lighter in color and contrast than the rest of the body, it looks like your character caked on some makeup before battle. I think you should put a little bit more shadow in the face to even out with the body.

Other than that, this looks very professional, seems very fitting for an rpg. Great job.

Last edited by Ally Hodges; December 29th, 2009 at 01:04 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ally Hodges For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All looks balanced. I agree the hands are big but it's in harmony with the distortion when I look at negative space or the face etc. I take it this was a style and not a mistake as small hands wouldn't have fit the distortion.

It looks like she's about to sling an abnormally large weapon around while it still looks perfectly OK.

The thing I'd like to point out though is that the big hands does have the effect of making her appear more youthfull and almost childlike/cartooney as opposed to really adult as her other assets would indicate. Making her hands smaller would have the effect of making her realistically taller looking losing the adorable feel to that the style might be after.

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to George Abraham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all thank you for pointing. I modified the size of the hand, is found to have different results. Personally feel that this kind of style, indeed it was still necessary to continue to take efforts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another problem in the naked picture. The head, shoulders and breasts are facing 3/4s to the left. The rest of the body looks much more straight on. At least that's what it looks like to me. There is definitely some disconnection between the upper body and the torso.

Nathan's Journal

http://sabrepunk.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Curious if this is original or fanart. It's really easy to have a similar idea as another artist, but the pic on the right is errily similar to the Valkyrie Profile girl. Also, it seems like English may not be your first language, so that could be another reason. Either way, thought I'd bring it to your attention.

http://creativeuncut.com/gallery-09/vps-hrist.html

In any case, it's cute styff

Artist Collective

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great coloring and design. The anatomy is little odd though, the hands and breasts in particular look like they belong to a more mature woman.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.