Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow III: Level 42 Night Goblin Rangers

Thanks
    sup aka interglacial clams, took me a while to find your thread but glad to c'yall cracking the wip on this Chow III, liking the rough sketch ideas, keep at it doods!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cool ideas so far guys. Zilrion, hopefully you and me will chat soon.

My King of swords is air based, so I was thinking along the lines of Johann from Hellboy 2, or the Archon from Star Craft.
    And for the Strength card, I'm not sure. I do like the motif of the girl and the lion so who knows.

Sketches soon.

Team Chow III: Level 42 Night Goblin Rangers

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Really like the idea of gas contained in a high tech suit Mike

Trying to come up with some ideas for composition. I don't know if I'm moving too quickly with this stuff or not, last time I took a lot longer on the design of armor and stuff...

EDIT: again this is for the 9 of wands, which is all about defense.

I'm more interested in the first image, it feels that the downward angle of the attack is more dominating and she's having a harder time defening;

Attachment 870373

This one has another angle, where's she's more active in her defense;

Attachment 870374
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:02 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Im watching this sci-fi thing and waiting to see something cool. Good luck you guys! Cheers!
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's a promised WIP. I need the portfolio work, so even if this doesnt work out I want to render the hell out of it.
    This is the king of swords, element wind.

**Edit: Color shifting. Better or worse?
    Last edited by ChaoticKnight; January 4th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice start guys !
    Jason Rainville : I must say I love the colors you choose for the first one, and the last two composition are just kickass ! But if I had to choose between the two of them I'd say the top one

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Tarrisse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A late thanks to Mark, b-man snootchy and granny

I think that while we can write as much lore as we want for our "races" and stuff, we should have one small paragraph that we can place just under the card that sums up who the character is and/or what situation they're in, to really hammer home the meaning of the card. A funny thing happened when I wrote up mine (image included)

Attachment 870861

“When the Darians tried to conquer us, they knew setting foot on our world would boil them to nothing, so the cowards sent their machines. Time and time again those floating, artificial soldiers returned our warriors to the birthing fire. A usurper-class drone was bearing down on our clan, with nothing much to stop it; our soldiers are our walls, and we were fast running out of soldiers. While all fled, Neria stood her ground. She saved us that day. Not just our clan, but the whole Ceilid Tribe. She showed us we could overcome them through sacrifice. And we did.”

the one part; our soldiers are our walls is a blatant rip from Sparta, where it was said that while their city had no walls, they were far from defenseless since their young men were their walls. But I just realized that this not only coincides with the idea of active rather than passive defense (soldiers rather than walls) but it also speaks to the way the Ceilids protect their bodies, with active fields of plasma rather than inert armor.

Yay for accidentally being deep
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; January 5th, 2010 at 12:21 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    whoa that's quite awesometastic guys! I'm still trying to figure out the design of the earthen-race. This is the general idea that's in my head at the moment, but it'll probably change a lot. I've tried too take the various meanings of the pentacles deck and incorporate it all into a design, yet keeping it very humanoid.

The Misceons come from a world very much like earth, at least the way it used too look before pollution and all that modern tech stuff took over. They have an understanding of nature and life beyond any other known race, and are excellent engineers and crafters. Using their knowledge to create life. It is said that even their own bodies are merged parts from various creatures found on their home planet. You'll often find them "working" on themselves healing their own bodies from decay, making them nearly immune to aging.

They are not a very violent race as far as we know, and value more material goods and riches (They mainly travel and work as healers). They travel in ships that have a life of their own, as well as wearing armour and clothing of the same kind. Though you do occasionally see them wear expensive more decorative outfits with it, as they enjoy showing off. They have never been at war with anyone, but considering how great protection their living-armour gives, one can't help but wonder what their weapons are like.

Here's the worked up silhouette I wanted to go with (everyone else seems to like the 3rd on at the top the most though, so if any of you want to give it a shot at work it up quickly please do! I'm still quite unsure about this)

Last edited by ErikStorstein; January 6th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikStorstein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really like the fact they like finery and craftsmanship, really ties into the theme of earth/pentacles dealing with material wealth and the physical world

Here's my idea for the 3rd one, but like I said he might be getting too "creaturish" I did 2 versions for a face, with like a tree face and a more human face, then each with some armor. I wasn't thinking about the armor too much, mainly just about some basic vine-like lines, but I think disks should feature at least a bit to tie into pentacles:

Attachment 871099 Attachment 871100

Attachment 871101 Attachment 871103

EDIT: and mike, I changed my mind from saying it was a bit better, to it being a lot better. The blue works better with the steel IMO
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; January 4th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    To anyone not up-to-date: Zilrion and I both have a card with the pentacles suit, so we're trying to collaborate on the pentacles/earth/Misceons race.

Zil I hope you don't mind but I have to post up your initial idea or mine doesn't make sense

So it looks like the Misceons are a smaller race that developed a form of power armor early on that they are somewhat dependant on (crafting is a big part of the pentacles suit, so they have become dependant on their crafting). So zilrion took the 3rd silhouette idea and turned it into their power armor. He sent me his idea:

Attachment 874244

He said that it would be a mix of fleshy, regenerating parts (to play up on the nature/earth aspect) as well as armored sections.

I did a little paint over with some of my ideas:

Attachment 874246

I tried to incorporate some "pentacles" into the design, specifically super-effdicient cloriphyll plates. I made the armor tan and textured like rocks or something, could be ceramic armor. Just ideas, take it or leave it

Thanks
    So here's an update on what I guess will be the final:

Attachment 876451

Thanks

Thanks
    You might want to flip that buddy. There's some wonky stuff goin on in the face

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast