Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Irrlaeufer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    awesome, nice initiative!

if you want, wanna change our title to team Utopian Battleship?

i think daestwen wants us to use the team title when requesting cards, and im about to post in the signup thread saying we're an official team and to place us in the list accordingly, might as well use the team name across all threads .

Thanks
    hmkay

done.

I got Love imperialist drug lab. sounds awesome too.

Thanks
    Well, I don't have a better suggestion for a team name, I think utopian battleship is nice (as a cat person I'd prefer battlecats, heh, but I like ships, too)

"The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks
    the drug lab sounds cool, too... my best result was disaster voodoo church

So, hm, do you already have ideas which cards you'd like to do?

"The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks
    I'm glad it is acceptable, haha. I think it has a nice ring.

So as to the cards, if you two have specific ones you'd like to do i say feel free to post in the card thread and request them for our team, I guess choosing one major and one minor tarot each is the best way to do it, so feel free to do that!

I'm not sure what I'm going to go after yet, i may even end up choosing two minors or something. I'm going to sleep on it and work that out later today. (it is 7am here and i have yet to go to bed, i wanted to sort this all out first! silly me.)

Thanks
    Okay, first things first. I think the name thing is not a big issue, much more important: the cards! I'd like to go for The Empress and Three of swords before all slots are full.
    What about the two of you?

okay, good night then instinct.

What about you Nike?

Thanks
    Good night, instinct!

Hm, I'm still thinking about the cards... from the major arcana I like the chariot, the star, and the world, and the lower I have to check again...

gone.

Thanks
    Okay, I've settled on the Two of Cups and the Five of Swords, so nike, if you want to do two Major Arcana feel free!

Also if either of you have any ideas towards perhaps some kind of over-arching theme or colour/design scheme we could work towards to end up with images that feel 'team-like' or something, post 'em!
    It's a completely different direction, but one thing i was thinking about was taking it into another genre, for example, what would a tarot used in a sci-fi setting be like?

Now, to bed!

Last edited by instinct; December 28th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks
    I reserved the two now because I'm a bit in a hurry. Need to catch the train. So I'd say you just do the same as soon as you have decided which cards to pick.

I find this link quite useful: http://www.tarot.com/tarot/decks/index.php?deckID=23 LostFAyth has posted it in the Topics and Discusiion Thread. Maybe you have already checked it out.

Thanks
    Ok, great, I've decided now, too - I'll do the World and the Five of cups; I can do the star, additionally, if I feel like I need more :-)

Last edited by Nike; December 28th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

gone.

Thanks
    I somewhat like the scf-fi idea. My first idea for the empress was to go for a mix of asian designs and costume plus maybe some egyptian stuff and not so much for traditional 18th/19th century imperial stuff from Europe only.
    What came to my mind is star wars, of course. But I think there is tons of cool stuff and designs that never made it into the films, so it's worth to check this out for inspiration.

Thanks
    hm... what about combining egyptian/mesoamerican/ancient asian elements with sci-fi elements? Like in the von Daeniken "aliens built all important ancient cultures of our world" theories?

gone.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3