Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow III - Nameless Operatives

Thanks

Team Chow III - Nameless Operatives

Starting the madness.
    I chose the : Empress, and Princess of Swords

So far, I'm looking for reference and inspiration.
    |blog | deviantart | cgsociety | sketchbook | Also: TerminalFears |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So for the empress, I at first had the idea of a very Josephine like Empress, with the crown of stars. While I want to keep the crown of stars, I'm not sure I want such a structured woman.

I gathered a large collection of 'Empresses' and decided to look at their traits. They all look extremely regal, strong facial features.

Curly, any ideas on what type of theme you'd like to work together for?

Thanks
    Hi there!
    I already wrote you a PM, Ephelea, but since I can't find it in my folder (sorry^^'' I'm new to the forum) I thought you might have not got it ... well, if you did ... I don't want to appear pushy or anything.
    Anyway, I wanted to ask if I can join your group. I'm learning quickly (I think), but I only have some basic skills. It would be great if you admitted me

Greetings^^

Thanks
    I really like the third picture on top. I think it's Empress Sisi - she has much softer features than on the other paintings, makes her look kinda vulnerable and not really like a strong empress.

As for me, I'd like to take the magician and the princess of wands.

Edit: I have to go now, so maybe you can enter them all, before somebody else takes them? That would be nice ...

Thanks
    Tag,

In regards to your request - the "Princess of Wands" has already been slotted, I think, until they get more people on the different lower arcana. First come, first served. The pickings are getting slim, the longer people wait. I'll ask, but I can't guarantee Dae won't ask you to choose another.

Curly,

Pick soon please. I don't want you to get stuck with something you don't want to do.

Thanks
    I'd like to take the Fool and Two of Wands

Thanks
    Tagtraum, welcome to the team! I'll try to make a banner for us today. Can you give me something to start with - maybe your photos or some image that represent you. Our team name wakes in me strong associations with secret agents or ninjas, stuff like this Can do something funny

Thanks
    Ephelea,
    Thanks a lot! I've really been in a hurry yesterday ... Well, I guess I'll wait what happens. Aren't there 4 slots for each card? There are actually so many interesting ones that it wouldn't bother me much to take another one.

curly,
    hi! Well ... agents are a good idea, like it. I'm doing martial arts, if that helps in any way. Sadly my parents don't allow me to put photos of myself in the internet Other images ... I'll think about it.
    But wouldn't one agent / ninja dressed in black be enough for the banner? (btw, ninjas actually used to be dressed in dark grey, because it hides better in the shadows or something, at least that's what my ninjutsu teacher said)
    Last edited by Tagtraum; December 28th, 2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks
    So, what do you two have in mind? We have to find something to tie all our cards together: themes or colors/theme..

I was thinking, and I came up with a few ideas:
    Native American themed cards,
    Indian (as in, India) themed cards,
    or perhaps Mafia/Gang related themed cards.

Any ideas, or dislikes?

Thanks
    Mhh, the problem with Indian or Native American themed cards is that we can't use all those pretty dresses for the princesses and the empress^^
    By the way, curly needs another card, because the Fool is not available anymore

We have so far:
    - the Magician
    - the Empress
    - the Princess of Swords
    - the Two of Wands
    - the Princess of Wands

Hmm ... I always thought it would be cool to do something that's based on Russian stuff, if that's also interesting for you. Could search for some pictures of what I mean, if you want.

The princesses should bear resemblance to each other. I looked them up on one of the links that were given:

Page of Wands
    This is a kid that never stays still, runs all over the place, always wants to go outside and play, is always getting into strange places, climbing trees, wanting to go on trips. He's never home for dinner on time. Personality wise, however, he is usually a delightful child, happy, fun-loving, charismatic. He loves being the center of attention and the leader; however, and you might have to watch that he doesn't bully other kids.

Page of Swords
    You can't shut up this kid. "Why? Why? Why?" he/she's always asking. And even more alarming, anything they hear, they'll repeat, just blurt it out in front of people. They'll go up to Aunt Hazel and say, "Are you carrying a baby? Mommy says it looks like you are...." On the positive side, this kid could be quite a brain, good at puzzles, quick to learn. And they already know how to use the computer better than you do. Likeable, but also the most aggravating of kids because whatever you tell them to do, they'll argue about it. You have to watch that they don't become "know-it-alls" or tattletales.
    Maybe they should look like sisters or something.

What kind of style should we use? 2D or something realistic?
    Ah, and here are a few pictures of princesses I found:

Thanks
    The cards deal with different elements, the "Swords" is "Air/Thought"
    A russian theme is interesting. However, which era? Around the time of "Tsar/Czar Nicholas II" and his ill fated family? earlier?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephelea View Post
    The cards deal with different elements, the "Swords" is "Air/Thought"
    A russian theme is interesting. However, which era? Around the time of "Tsar/Czar Nicholas II" and his ill fated family? earlier?
    Well ... I thought the princesses could have some similarities, so that it's clear they somewhat belong together. The same clothing style, but different colors, the same landscape, but a different season ... something along those lines.

Actually I haven't thought about the time frame yet. I think Nicholas II might be a bit late, that's already within the Industrialisation. I don't know it for sure, but I think the stuff they wore there is mostly traditional anyway. I'll look it up (on wikipedia ) ...

Edit: so here are some inspirations. I think the time around Catherine the Great may be good, 17th century.
    Here's a page with Russian clothing: http://www.rusclothing.com
    Last edited by Tagtraum; December 28th, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks
    I'm not extremely fond of Catherine, only because she tends to often be shown as an elder empress, and less of her younger self. I want to be able to give the impression that the Empress, while strong - is still youthful enough to give life.

I propose, 1800-1900's - Maria Feodorovna was the Queen/Empress. Mother of Nicholas II.

And while, the dresses are lovely, do Russian Princesses wear them?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast