Sketchbook: Jeshy's Sketch book of stuff.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jeshy's Sketch book of stuff.

Hello... Uhh... Well a friend linked me this site and told me that it was pretty great for practice and getting critiques and over all just a good one to be with. So here's some of my latest stuff that I've been working on.

I use pose maniacs, and normally the date and how long the poses took is on the pictures. There is also another picture on here for right now. I should be posting stuff at least once a week hopefully. Anyways, it's nice to meet you all and thanks for looking at my art.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Figured I’d give your sketchbook a look. Definitely looking pretty good so far, I think we should do some anatomy drawings to get the proportions a little more in check. You have a tendency to make the torso too long and the legs too short. I’d also advise against using ‘ball heads’ and instead rely on L shapes to indicate where the face is pointing or other more expressive shapes. The O doesn’t show us where the subject is looking. Even if you just add in where the center line of the head is with smudges for the eyes is more informative.

Keep up the good work though, I’m glad that you went in and retouched your image. The shadow definitely helps ground the image more in your long pose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uploading angry scary face now! this is 1/5 face studies I'll be posting over the next few days. The hair is bad, and the eye to the left is too far away from the nose and too long. These are the things I've spotted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well here are the other 4 face studies. Not as detailed, but it's mainly to work on proportions rather than my values. One is a very creepy baby face... >_< totally screwed up on it but meh... Practice practice practice. The girls nose is so screwed up too... The other two pics I like though, and a random eye sketch...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since you're having issues with noses, I'd suggest doing some practices on noses in particular. Try looking at some documentation such as loomis for facial proportions to get you started. From what I can see, you're not giving them enough brow. The eyes are about at the middle of the head from chin to top.

Keep it up dear~ We want to see more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay after not posting for over a month or so I have some stuff to show off *dances* gah I'm retarded... My art... is so handicapped sometimes...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.