Palette knives

My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Go into the brush creator and set it to rotation under the Angle tab. You need a 6D art pen for this if you don't already have one. I haven't been able to find out how to change the angle any other way, it's grayed out. I don't think this was a tool engineered for rotation which doesn't make sense to me, a palette knife is at times a precision instrument, rotation being a major part of it's viability in an artbox. Rotating the canvas isn't going to change the angle effect either. Also, watch out for the Brush ghost when using the palette knife with the 6D, it's not going to rotate with the actual brush itself, the rotation will have it's center at the absolute right of the brush ghost which might be a little frustrating or misleading at first. Once you get used to this, it is a sweet tool to use, I just get off track a bit at times when going back and forth between a flat brush ghost that rotates and is aligned properly and the dysfunctional palette knife ghost. I hope they address this in the next patch

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackARK View Post
    Go into the brush creator and set it to rotation under the Angle tab. You need a 6D art pen for this if you don't already have one. I haven't been able to find out how to change the angle any other way, it's grayed out. I don't think this was a tool engineered for rotation which doesn't make sense to me, a palette knife is at times a precision instrument, rotation being a major part of it's viability in an artbox. Rotating the canvas isn't going to change the angle effect either. Also, watch out for the Brush ghost when using the palette knife with the 6D, it's not going to rotate with the actual brush itself, the rotation will have it's center at the absolute right of the brush ghost which might be a little frustrating or misleading at first. Once you get used to this, it is a sweet tool to use, I just get off track a bit at times when going back and forth between a flat brush ghost that rotates and is aligned properly and the dysfunctional palette knife ghost. I hope they address this in the next patch
    You don't actually need 6D art pen to change the direction, setting angle to "bearing" should do the trick (however, using art pen and rotation setting will five more intuitive results )
    however, it was not working for me at a certain point, I think earlier wacom drivers had something to do with that - the 6.12-5 driver seems to be the proper one.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.