Sketchbook: PaintMyBrain's sketchbook - It's full of wonders! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: what of those things do I need to practice on the most right now regarding the body?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muscles

1 50.00%
  • Faces

0 0%
  • Rendering

0 0%
  • Sketching

1 50.00%
  • female body

0 0%
  • male body

0 0%
  • feet

0 0%
  • bone structure

1 50.00%
  • children

0 0%
  • old people

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PaintMyBrain's sketchbook - It's full of wonders!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Really Good

it is really good for only 4 minutes of drawing, but you should put more dark lines in your pictures. It would contribute to contrast and solid.
    However, it is amazing how good it is after 4 minutes...
    I shoul take a piece of paper and try do the same.

CyGear

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for posting the photo as I can see there are a lot of small errors that by them selfs would be nothing really, but together they kinda make the picture wierd. the eyes as I see it, the eyes the you drew are not matching up with the shape of the eyes that she has. You gotta remeber that one of her eyes is not straight forward so it looks different then the other one. also the back of the neck comes towards the head at an akward angle. more so then in the photo, that would also help to make it more realistic. But the more you do it the more noticable that becomes to you as you progress through drawings. Other then that keep them coming try and draw as many faces as you can, you should really worry about the shadows will you get the anatomy of faces down because shadow makes it even harder to learn.

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CyGear- Thanks! Yeah I know, I just wanted to see how fast I could make it look not that crappy haha. Yeah I'll try to think about that. thx again, yeah try it, it's fun to see how fast you can make it. It's really good pracrice cause you learn whats most important to look at to make it look realistic. Talk to you later

Diarum- About the eyes, yeah when I read your post ans started looking I noticed your completely right. But I am really new to this as you know so I still have a lot to practice on. Especially to see those things. Remember that this is my second portrait drawing I've ever done, so with that in mind it can't be that bad? But it's true I didn't see everything. But I'm glad your telling me that cause otherwise I wouldn't improve. I need to know what I'm missing so that I can look harder for that the next time. About the neck, I'm with you as well I just don't know what's wrong really haha. I will practice and keep drawing, hopefully you'll see that I notice these things more and more over time. I don't know what you meny with the last sentence? Thanks m8 see ya

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintMyBrain View Post
    I don't know what you meny with the last sentence?
    He means you shouldn't worry to much about shadows In this early stage. You need to get the fundamentals of human anatomy down first.

SKETCHBOOK below. C&C appreciated! UPDATED 21/04 2011
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=1#post3103356

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I haven't been about man, had a loada crap to deal with last week... I can see you've been working hard, liking the portraits mate, well impressed that the second one only took 4 minutes. I better go find me my pencil 'cos I've got some catching up to do. Take it easy man.

Xayo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cornman- Thanks, and yea he is kind of right Gotta try to practice more on the anathomy. Great work with the skull btw.

Xayo- It's okey man. I'm sorry to hear you had some ruff days. I hope it feels better now. Thanks, yes I've been working hard with that one. Like how it is turning out however cause I've never drawn a portrait this seroius so with that in mind hehe yea it was rather fast, I like to try sometimes do just go as fast as I can. Yeah I wanna see more from you m8. Glad your back!

Cheers / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damit my brain is dry haha. I can't get my ass off to draw the hair of the girl, any tips on how to draw hair? cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Advice for hair? Be prepared to spend more time on it than the rest of the body?
    Um, try to think of it as like pieces of curling ribbon attached to the scalp instead of as a billion individual pieces. At least for longer, curly hair like the girl in the picture's.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What she said. I know you can do it, PaintMyBrain!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're on the right track, just keep drawing, you'll see rapid improvement in no time!
    Try do some still life pieces as well, and perhaps some self-portraits. (If you're comfortable with that, haha)
    Thanks for the comment in my sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate, nice work so far. Keep at it.
    With this process picture of the girl (1 page back), the line drawing was excellent. But your shading is lacking.
    One easy way to improve your shading is to use SHARP pencils, and generally, don't go above a 3B pencil. Use light lines, and gradually build it up as you go. Do a base shade of everything, establishing the lights and darks. This will keep your work clean, and consistant.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yarr matey! Nice to see ya rocking! It seems like your Sketchbook is getting a lot of attention lately which is very good! The piece from photo ref youve been working on is coming along well, but theres something odd in her head shape, it seems like to be way too round, and missing some form... But its a very difficult one and you should be proud of the progress so far Id do you a paint over but my tablet is busted so i have to forget that... Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey again!

Cherry_Cheesecake100- Thanks for the great tip! I do think that I failed with the hair, hair is damn difficult. Also I am eager to get on drawing some other stuff so I didn't take alot of time with the hair. But I will remember what you said and think about it when I draw hair again. Seeyou

GoGoJojo- Thanks well it didn't look great but onto new drawings!

Elz- Thanks for your post m8. Yeah I'll try some still life drawings and perhaps a self portrait hehe. Take care

a_mckeown- Hey m8 thanks for stopping by! I think your post really got me some to think of. I used 6B for the shadows mainly and I know it looks kind of blurry and messy. I will try that with my next drawings. I am really new to all this and this was one of my first drawings with that much shadows and value training so I hope I will get better. But that was a really good tip, Thanks again see you!

Parsiakora- hey m8, nice to see you here again. Yeah over 1000 views, woah can't believe it Yeah I know its not perfect and I appreciate what your saying so that I can think about it and improve. Have got a lot of good tips while working on this piece. Yeah I hope you get a new tablet soon or the one you have fixed. Take care

Well now I have to say that my portrait is finished, I am not proud of the hair, and the eyes could be better but it is my second portrait of all time, I do think that it's kind of good for me being so new to drawing. Thank you all for your lovely involvment and your tips along the way. I have learnet alot from you and i will take everything with me for the next projects. Stay tuned m8s!

Love / Brain

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well not much to say. Keep them coming, draw other stuff then just faces. As long as your drawing something and are paying attention to what you are drawing then you will learn better then spending hours and hours on something that had very little use you.

I was just looking at her and I see a lot of things that I think that I should point out. Lol if only I was at home so I could use PS. Anyway here it goes (time is limited so yea) The right nostril of the nose(duh) does not have the right prespective. Shading on the left check is to far apart (where they seperate) The mouth line (between nose and mouth) off by a long short. Eyes are still way to big. pupals (black are in the middle of the eye(bad spelling sorry)) Lips are shaped wrong. eye position is wrong too. The hand IS HUGE, its way to big for the body. Your shadows are to dark, and that makes it look wierd.

THIS WAS NOT MENT TO BE MEAN OR DISCOURAGE
    in anyway shape or form, its all construction crit (atleast I was trying to be) hope that wasn't too mean, but I think that you should know this stuff so that you don't make the same mistakes in the future.

Anywho, you should check out my SB if you haven't already. Happy Tails

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers!
    Nice work here but why don`t you try to understand how things works first,I mean try to
    draw eyes,ears,noses separate maybe head in different poses but without details and when you see progress then start to think about light and shadows.DON`T WORRY IF IT`S NOT LIKE YOUR REFERENCE PHOTO `CAUSE IT WON`T BE IN THIS EARLY STAGE-JUST PRACTICE AND SIMILARITY WILL COME.
    I`m having problems with the same thing as you...
    Cheers mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Where you are?

Hey Dude,
    where you are and where your update are?
    I am sorry for my long abstinence but I had to do a lot for school and I had a few problems.
    I will update now more regular....so I would be very appreciated about a your visit

CyGear

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I am sorry but now I am back

Hey all!
    Wow it has been some time since my last post. I am very sorry about this, I can see some of you have missed me hehe Well I can only say I have had some rough weeks, both with my school and with my personal life.

But i am eager to get back to learning and drawing, starting today I'll be here more often again. I must say it's hard to get back, and I am really having a dry heat so if anyone if you got some tips for me to start practicing on I'm here to listen. I need to get back to drawing the basics and learning from the ground, please inspire me with some ideas of what to draw.

Diarum- I am glad you can give critique and I am taking it into my soul. More of that is needed to progress. I did not take it mean my friend. I am gonna check your sb right now. Im sure I have missed out a lot! see you soon!

m.j- thanks I know what you mean. That is exaccly what I am gonna do now. Ill try to get to drawing basics. Any good tips of where to start? Loomis I guess? seeya

Parsiakora-sorry have been really busy with other things in my life but I am back now. I hope to talk to you soon m8. cheers

CyGear- I have had the same problems, busy with other things. Im glad to be back and ill look at your sb as soon as I can. Im glad your missing me haha.

I bought a book with Barrington Barber which Ill try to look at. I saw some easy sketches of animals and did a couple of those as a start. Please give me ideas and inspiration of where to start off again!

Seeya really soon I hope and I am deeply sorry for being gone so long!

Cheers / yours Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to hear that your back, you had better load a lot of stuff! lol any who to get back to basics, start up loomis and bridgeman. Start doing a lot of still life drawing (drawing from life(random stuff in your house)). I just started trying to memorize anatomy for realz. its a little harder then I thought... lol. Happy Trails

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks m8! Yeah Ill do that and Ill defenitely try to draw some still life drawings. That's a good tip, havn't done that a lot. hmmm what to start with Ill post some still life things later, so be sure to check in Yeah anathomy is hard dude, but keep it rolling and youll be great! peace

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers!
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/6641659/Th...mon-Nicolaides
    This is also a very good book...Take a look!
    Bye,
    Miro.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you m.j be seeing ya!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

goodnight you all

I have started to experiment with differnet kinds if media, I almost all the time draw with charcoal so I wanted to try something new. I will post some of the pics here which I made today with water colors, in swedish the name is "akvarel", I think you say water colors in english, those little square colors anyway I had to draw a flower for school which I tried from two different angles and I did not use any reference but my head. The other pieces is just forms of my imagination, maybe some underwater micro creatures haha. I just wanted to play with the color and do what ever poped out. Did the green one first then I tried to do some other versions as well.

And I'll also post some bad postmaniac attempts and a fast portrait enjoy and goodnight.

Cheers / Brain

Last edited by PaintMyBrain; April 5th, 2010 at 04:10 PM.
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there mate, hows things? great to see youre back in work! I just got my new tablet, so ill be updating shortly, nothing special but something! Updates looking great, not much to critique as things are improving greatly! keep it up : ) looking for to chat with ya more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey all :D

Par- Thx for stopping by again, I've missed ya! I am good but having some problems with my gf so i havn't had the mood to draw that much. But I got some new stuf to try, water basedl. This really is something I like and that i will continue with for some time, I draw a fast sketch with charcoal then the rest with aqvarel.

Great that you have ur new tablet m8, im looking forward to seeing more from you!Take care now.

For this update, I wanted to try to make an eagle with water based colors cause the last eagle turned out so nicely. I do like this one but the shape of his head is alittle odd and I know that. With water basedl it's really hard to make shadows I think so this is something ill practice more on.

Seeya / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a nightly post

Hey people. Me and my gf just ended our relationship so i will be kind of down for some time. I promiss to not stop painting! Painting is still one of the best things to do while your down imo cause when I paint I cant seem to think of something else.

If you have any tips of something happy to paint so feel free to

This post is my new avatar here on CA which I made earlier today with water colors. The avatar is 100% from my head, no reference used.

Enjoy and keep checking in. Night!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the hand drawing looked like it was from bioshock am i right?????

hi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes it is A great game, i hope you agree!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree!
    I know it sounds like I'm complementing your work in a coloring book, but I really mean it when I say good job on keeping the color in the lines on that last one
    I know how hard it is to control water colors!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you Gogo! It really is hard indeed but that's also whats fun about it.

I will soon post a little series that I made with water colors, its 6 frames and I think it's kinda cute, so stay tuned for more ^^

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8